What is the general consensus when it comes to fixing a skinny fat body?

PYT

PYT

it’s easy to despise what you cannot have
The most logical thing to me would be to cut for 2 months and then bulk up right?

Or does anyone believe bulk first cut later? The example that stands out to me the most is @itsOVER's avi who was arguably skinny fat - or just plain fat. He ended up bulking and he ended up like that.

But my question is after dieting and cutting down, when you start bulking up assuming you're running the optimal exercise routine and schedule wouldn't you just regain that fat you lost fast back?

stop making it such a big deal. Just workout, get your proteins, be at a slight caloric intake if you want to lose weight

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel, SexyMofo, PYT and 1 other person
stop making it such a big deal. Just workout, get your proteins, be at a slight caloric intake if you want to lose weight
I'm not skinny fat. Just asking what people think

lift and eat at a slight caloric surplus

"bulking" is for fat retards who cant diet aka powerlifters

• +1
Reactions: PYT
You can cut for awhile just as you said, and once you reach your desired bodyfat% just start lean bulking, no point in getting fatter even if it means slightly faster muscle increase

• +1
lift and eat at a slight caloric surplus

"bulking" is for fat retards who cant diet aka powerlifters
By bulking I meant 500+ calorie surplus. That's what you mean by slight caloric surplus in the 300-500 range right

By bulking I meant 500+ calorie surplus. That's what you mean by slight caloric surplus in the 300-500 range right
yeah, depends on your metabolism and your digestion tho tbh

• +1
Two ways to go about it
If you cut first and get lean you might visually feel better when you see the fat drop and getting a lean physique but ultimately you won’t get as much size as you we’re to do it in a surplus

If you bulk first, visually you may not get the lean/toned visual feedback and you’re gains will be less defined but overall you will be bigger and have gained more.

Either way you shouldn’t be skinny fat for long if it’s not gone after 3-4 months of training your doing something wrong

• +1