What is the most accurate way to know what you look like?

L

lilhorizontal32

Equinox
My ratios change a lot depending on what camera I'm using and the distance I'm taking the photo from.

This is a bit of a problem as I want to know what exactly needs to be fixed and how by how much exactly, especially as I will be surgerymaxxing soon.

Is taking long photos with a DSLR really the ideal way to go?

• +1
Reactions: thecel, Deleted member 6403, Deleted member 6128 and 2 others
mirror and a realistic unbiased mind, tho if you think selfie cameras are inaccurate and distance is your problem then i have a bad news for you

• Woah
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Melo95, randomvanish and Deleted member 10913
My ratios change a lot depending on what camera I'm using and the distance I'm taking the photo from.

This is a bit of a problem as I want to know what exactly needs to be fixed and how by how much exactly, especially as I will be surgerymaxxing soon.

This is deep btw

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and APJ
take mirror shots

Just buy a £300 true mirror l

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: thecel and lilhorizontal32
Go outside and take a photo at least 2m away.

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and Deleted member 8165
hold a handheld mirror close to a wall mirror to see your ‘true self’ (especially at a 90 degree angle)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10615 and thecel
place camera on an elevated position and record a video from a couple feet away

at that point lens distortion is cope and you can't subconsciously film yourself from a favorable angle either, just move around a bit and do a couple 360s

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and lilhorizontal32
ask a girl out, her response is ur answer

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 10615, Deleted member 10913, thecel and 2 others

it's a often asked question and its also answered wrong just as often. I'm surprised that even ppl in here dont know shit about it apparently.

I might make a thread about it since it's an issue many ppl face and damages their self image. often ppl see themselves in the mirror as quite good looking, then they take a selfie and are shocked. I might make a detailed thread about it with examples but in short you look much closer to what you see inside the mirror than on a selfie.

the most accurate way is a mirror selfie. its not perfect either but closest to the truth

a common answer is a flipped selfie which is super wrong. other say how you see yourself in the mirror is the correct one which is also wrong.

I might dig up all the gifs and pics explaining angle, lens distortion,.distances and lighting. but for now just believe me

• +1
Reactions: .👽., lilhorizontal32 and StrangerDanger
mirror and a realistic unbiased mind, tho if you think selfie cameras are inaccurate and distance is your problem then i have a bad news for you
Aren't selfie camera's inaccurate? Your face looks narrow

• +1
Reactions: one job away
it's a often asked question and its also answered wrong just as often. I'm surprised that even ppl in here dont know shit about it apparently.

I might make a thread about it since it's an issue many ppl face and damages their self image. often ppl see themselves in the mirror as quite good looking, then they take a selfie and are shocked. I might make a detailed thread about it with examples but in short you look much closer to what you see inside the mirror than on a selfie.

the most accurate way is a mirror selfie. its not perfect either but closest to the truth

a common answer is a flipped selfie which is super wrong. other say how you see yourself in the mirror is the correct one which is also wrong.

I might dig up all the gifs and pics explaining angle, lens distortion,.distances and lighting. but for now just believe me
Okay... I trust you know what you're saying. What app do I go to. The snapchat/instagram, the mirror, or the iphone camera to get the best picture of what I really look like.

Thanks

lens distortion is a real thing

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: mortis, one job away and Growth Plate

would be interested to read it. tag me once you make the thread

and yeah its weird cos in selfies I go down like 2 PSL compared to how I look in the mirror