What is the most important part of the face for attractiveness?

jacky hanma

jacky hanma

Born to hate
if I had to rank I’d say eye area, jaw= cheekbones and then nose or mouth area.

Infraorbital height wont affect lower eyelid tightness. You said yourself it was the shape of the infras.. I'm a testament to that because of my eye shape and lower eyelid tightness even though my infraorbitals are probably the most recessed on this site (and I got truly the most downgrown maxilla here)

Also, it's less about bringing the maxilla forward, and more about prevention of recessing the maxilla during growth (that comes with all the other complications that @Funnyunenjoyer1 mentioned):
View attachment 2998924
Yeah if maxilla is upswing = upswing lower jaw
if its downswung = downswung lower jaw

• +1
Reactions: jisko32 and greycel
it's enough to Google it once
what ChadGPT says:

The maxilla, or upper jawbone, plays a crucial role in the overall structure and appearance of the face. Its shape, size, and position significantly influence facial aesthetics and function. Here are several ways the maxilla affects the face:

1. Facial Proportions and Symmetry​

• Midface Structure: The maxilla forms the central portion of the face. Its development affects the prominence of the cheekbones and the under-eye region. A well-developed maxilla contributes to high cheekbones and a more balanced, symmetrical appearance.
  • Vertical Proportions: The height of the maxilla affects the vertical proportions of the face. A longer or shorter maxilla can influence the perceived length of the midface.

2. Dental Alignment and Occlusion​

• Teeth Position: The maxilla houses the upper teeth, and its alignment directly affects dental occlusion (how the upper and lower teeth meet). Issues such as overbite, underbite, or crossbite can arise from maxillary misalignment.
  • Smile Aesthetics: The position and shape of the maxilla influence the appearance of the smile, including the visibility of the upper teeth and the gum line when smiling.

3. Nasal and Orbital Structures​

• Nasal Base Support: The maxilla forms part of the nasal structure, supporting the nasal base and sides. Its position can influence the appearance of the nose, including the nasal bridge and the width of the nostrils.
  • Eye Support: The maxilla contributes to the floor of the orbits (eye sockets), and its development can affect the position and prominence of the eyes.

4. Cheek and Lip Support​

• Cheek Contour: The maxilla supports the soft tissues of the cheeks. A well-positioned maxilla provides fullness to the cheeks, whereas a recessed maxilla can lead to a flat or hollow appearance.
  • Lip Position: The maxilla's relationship with the upper teeth affects the position and support of the upper lip. This influences lip fullness and the nasolabial fold (the crease from the nose to the corners of the mouth).

5. Facial Balance and Harmony​

• Jawline Definition: The maxilla, in conjunction with the mandible (lower jaw), determines the overall jawline. A balanced relationship between the maxilla and mandible contributes to a well-defined jawline and overall facial harmony.
  • Profile Appearance: The projection of the maxilla affects the facial profile. A retrusive (receded) maxilla can make the nose appear more prominent and the chin less defined, while a well-positioned maxilla contributes to a more balanced profile.

6. Function and Health​

• Breathing and Speech: The maxilla plays a role in the nasal and oral passages, affecting breathing and speech. Proper maxillary development is crucial for normal nasal airflow and articulation of sounds.
  • Support for Facial Muscles: The maxilla provides attachment points for various facial muscles, influencing facial expressions and movements.

Conclusion​

The maxilla is a foundational bone that significantly impacts the aesthetics and function of the face. Its development and position influence facial proportions, dental alignment, nasal and orbital structures, and overall facial harmony. Orthodontic and surgical interventions often focus on correcting maxillary discrepancies to enhance both function and appearance
Dumbo doesn’t understand how ai works. Not a word.

Also, it's less about bringing the maxilla forward, and more about prevention of recessing the maxilla during growth
Once you realise the shape of the maxilla and what maxillary projection actually is, you’ll realise “improper growth” and “recession” is a complete meme.

• +1
Reactions: greycel
Once you realise the shape of the maxilla and what maxillary projection actually is, you’ll realise “improper growth” and “recession” is a complete meme.
If you can explain this a bit more?
Or at least cite some papers or sources I can check out

Also do you think 4 premolar extractions before puberty and 7 years of braces with elastics have messed up my skull?
I am severely downgrown (most downgrown on this site), yet nobody in my family is.. they all have good forward growth
There is no way there’s no correlation between those 2 factors.. and I have been in the extremes for both

I also only stopped breathing through my mouth at 18 compared to the rest of my family who always breathed through their nose