What Ive learned after coding a crypto trading bot

wishIwasSalludon

wishIwasSalludon

navigator of the Narcy pirates 🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️
It seems to only be profitable when bitcoin is at its highest liquidity which is at about from 8 am to 4 pm after that is levels off capping out at around .3% to .7% profit for the day

@Gengar

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: eduardkoopman, Hero of the Imperium, Shkreliii and 5 others
It seems to only be profitable when bitcoin is at its highest liquidity which is at about from 8 am to 4 pm after that is levels off capping out at around .3% to .7% profit for the day

@Gengar

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii
trade niggercoin instead

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Shkreliii and wishIwasSalludon
That’s pretty impressive though. What’s the profit margin like overall, and then if you just isolate those hours?

• +1
That’s pretty impressive though. What’s the profit margin like overall, and then if you just isolate those hours?
If I just let it run for the day it will drop to .1 to .2% for the day so I just plan to run it only when bitcoin is at its highest liquidity

• +1
Even a 1.001 return is pretty good actually that’s 44% annually. Wow that’s quite impressive.

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii, drimprovement and wishIwasSalludon
what language, python i guess?

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and st.hamudi but 6‘5

@Gengar
Share the bot bro 😏

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Shkreliii, coispet and wishIwasSalludon

@Gengar
Mirin bhai, are you gonna invest now?

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and Michael Myers
Too high iq for me

• +1
Even a 1.001 return is pretty good actually that’s 44% annually. Wow that’s quite impressive.
Its giga lifefuel for me, Im tired of being a brokie. But I have no money to invest, I live with my parents and am unemployed I plan on getting a job soon

• +1
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium, Shkreliii and Deleted member 55314

@Gengar
now imagine what kind of money do you need to at least afford basic living off of this passive income

• +1
  • JFL
Its giga lifefuel for me, Im tired of being a brokie. But I have no money to invest, I live with my parents and am unemployed I plan on getting a job soon
If its legitimate and consistent then that's huge. If you stay at home and don't spend on food or rent you could probably snowball pretty hard

• +1
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium, Shkreliii and wishIwasSalludon
now imagine what kind of money do you need to at least afford basic living off of this passive income
not a lot actually, if the bot actually makes that much it's a very very high yearly return.

• +1
not a lot actually, if the bot actually makes that much it's a very very high yearly return.
but lets not forget that if bot from some nigga from .org makes this %, its means that this nigga is smarter than multimillionaires and billionaires because they would print millions a day with it and i doubt that happening

not denying ofc but very highly doubting

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii, wishIwasSalludon and Lethbridge
but lets not forget that if bot from some nigga from .org makes this %, its means that this nigga is smarter than multimillionaires and billionaires because they would print millions a day with it and i doubt that happening

agreed, that's why I keep qualifying if its real

if you're making a trading bot on your own you're going up against blackrock and the other 80000 companies like it making algos

• +1

if you're making a trading bot on your own you're going up against blackrock and the other 80000 companies like it making algos
There a chance it could lose alpha as time goes on which is what I’m afraid of

• +1
millions a day with it and i doubt that happening

Not necessarily liquidity decreases the more money you have, my strategy might not scale if you were to use billions of dollars.

It also only works only on bitcoin as it depends highly on liquidity and relatively volatile prices. I tried running the bot on solana but the bid ask spread on it was so large that I couldn’t make a profit.

The bid ask spread on bitcoin is very small and at times is nearly non existent.

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and Lethbridge
  • +1
don't spend on food or rent you could probably snowball pretty hard
My parents do that for me, neet benefits innit. I’m getting a job soon. Will start applications today.

• +1
I doubt, you're probably going to lose a shit ton, ask yourself whether rich people with hundreds of chinese employees hasn't milked this already, anyways GL

I doubt, you're probably going to lose a shit ton, ask yourself whether rich people with hundreds of chinese employees hasn't milked this already, anyways GL
maybe but so far its working fine

this won't save you btw

• WTF
Reactions: wishIwasSalludon
wishIwasSalludon

What are you doing? Scalping? Or arbitrage?

You're gonna get rekt and make more just holding, newbie vibes