What kind of zinc and iron for collagen

kej3094

kej3094

Platinum
“When mRNA moves into the cytoplasm and interacts with ribosomes, both magnesium and zinc are needed for translation to occur.”
Zinc and iron are needed as precursors for collagen production, so what kind of zinc and iron do I need I have all the other supplements just need those 2.

magnsium glycinate
zinc from shellfish and red meat
heme iron from red meat

magnsium glycinate
zinc from shellfish and red meat
heme iron from red meat
Fuck I already bought the supplements I should have just taken them from food. Well the biggest waste of money was iron because men aren’t usually deficient in them and too much iron is actually really bad. So, the zinc. If I were to buy them in supplement form what would be the best version, there’s a ton of different zinc types I feel like

Fuck I already bought the supplements I should have just taken them from food. Well the biggest waste of money was iron because men aren’t usually deficient in them and too much iron is actually really bad. So, the zinc. If I were to buy them in supplement form what would be the best version, there’s a ton of different zinc types I feel like
iron supplements usually arent that well absorbed either which is why getting heme iron from red meat is the better option

as far as zinc the supplemental form shouldnt matter much but ive heard good things about zinc picolinate
there also needs to be a balance between copper and zinc in the body so if you take supplemental zinc for long periods you need to get extra copper too (liver is a good source)

zinc is better absorbed if eaten with protein and much more bioavailable in animal foods which is why i reccomend getting it from shellfish or red meat

phytate rich diet(grains, beans, nuts, seeds potatos) can impede zinc absorption but you should be eating phytate rich foods anyways because theyre shit for you

• +1
Reactions: kej3094