What makes life worthwhile? - Older guys only please (am I fucked?)

FailedNormieManlet

FailedNormieManlet

NTmaxxed pajeet
I've been thinking about this a lot lately, what makes life worthwhile for you? Do you think your job contributes to your happiness? Maybe your family, kids, or gf? I am curious as to what makes you guys happy.

I feel as though as a younger guy, I don't have that many responsibilities, I enjoy that aspect of my life a lot. I love how care-free I am, how I can just go out and smoke up with a few friends and not be worried about anything, there's always food on the table, mortgage is always being paid, I come back home to be greeted by family etc.

I fear losing a lot of this tbh, I don't think I will be ever able to get into a relationship again or at least a serious one because of my lack of success career wise - working as a teacher, it feels like this isn't enough for the avg woman in 2022 and especially considering my looks and height, careermaxxing is something I need to rely on, and being merely average isn't enough.

I guess my real fear is living alone, what makes me happy are my family and friends, being surrounded by the people who like me and understand me. Losing all of these things is my fear, but I know that all relationships have an expiry date, whether that be through death or argument, all good things come to an end.

I just wanted to know. Do things really change? What really makes you guys happy? Can a man who comes back from work to be greeted by no one, and sleeps in an empty bed ever be happy?

• +1
Reactions: PrinceLuenLeoncur and Deleted member 18804
I've been thinking about this a lot lately, what makes life worthwhile for you? Do you think your job contributes to your happiness? Maybe your family, kids, or gf? I am curious as to what makes you guys happy.

I feel as though as a younger guy, I don't have that many responsibilities, I enjoy that aspect of my life a lot. I love how care-free I am, how I can just go out and smoke up with a few friends and not be worried about anything, there's always food on the table, mortgage is always being paid, I come back home to be greeted by family etc.

I fear losing a lot of this tbh, I don't think I will be ever able to get into a relationship again or at least a serious one because of my lack of success career wise - working as a teacher, it feels like this isn't enough for the avg woman in 2022 and especially considering my looks and height, careermaxxing is something I need to rely on, and being merely average isn't enough.

I guess my real fear is living alone, what makes me happy are my family and friends, being surrounded by the people who like me and understand me. Losing all of these things is my fear, but I know that all relationships have an expiry date, whether that be through death or argument, all good things come to an end.

I just wanted to know. Do things really change? What really makes you guys happy? Can a man who comes back from work to be greeted by no one, and sleeps in an empty bed ever be happy?
You shouldn't search for happiness, you should search for meaning. For most people, a combination of relationships, work and personal interests gives life meaning. It is very much possible to have a meaningful life alone. E.g. if you serve a greater cause, seek to solve a scientific problem, or a philosophical or spiritual problem (like a buddhist monk).

In your case the answer to but it bluntly, is no. You will not be happy. You really do need to change your life. My first advice would be to change your location if it is holding you back. Get a new job if you can as well. It sounds cliche but you need to get outside of your comfort zone or you will not be able to find a better more meaningful life. The worst thing you can do is walk a path with a dead end in plain view.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Deleted member 18804, Deleted member 19530 and 1 other person
You shouldn't search for happiness, you should search for meaning. For most people, a combination of relationships, work and personal interests gives life meaning. It is very much possible to have a meaningful life alone. E.g. if you serve a greater cause, seek to solve a scientific problem, or a philosophical or spiritual problem (like a buddhist monk).

In your case the answer to but it bluntly, is no. You will not be happy. You really do need to change your life. My first advice would be to change your location if it is holding you back. Get a new job if you can as well. It sounds cliche but you need to get outside of your comfort zone or you will not be able to find a better more meaningful life. The worst thing you can do is walk a path with a dead end in plain view.
I'm not sure what I want in life, or what really gives me meaning. I don't have a cause to fight or die for, really the only "cause" I have is being the best version of myself, but that in itself is not enough for me.

Atm I live with my parents because I want to save money up so I can buy a nice house as well as make some money.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18804
The older you get, the worse it becomes.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Danish_Retard, thereallegend, Deleted member 18804 and 3 others

wk\orthile is being happy?@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trying to make progress in something probably helps give life meaning, like reading philosophy :Comfy:

Can a man who comes back from work to be greeted by no one, and sleeps in an empty bed ever be happy?
if he has a garden or a pet, or a plant, and a cupboard of books, then yes

Get Money, Fuck Bitches.

• +1
Reactions: currylightskin
true happiness only comes if you visit pygmy people and mog them bro. i might pygmymax

Sex with hot females makes life worthwhile. Everything else is cope. If you're getting that everything else will feel good that means friend, family etc. If you're not getting that everything else will feel useless.

Job is utter cope. Family? I don't know. It depends on your wife and how much you like her. But I'd be honest you'd get bored of her at some point.

Can a man who comes back from work to be greeted by no one, and sleeps in an empty bed ever be happy?
I'd say no. You can only do this for so long. But at one point you'd go ER.

So to sum up. What makes life worthwile? I would say: Fucking hot females, having a passion that you follow (not your 9-5 job) and having few good friends. That's all you need.

Extrovert problems :feelscry:

I cannot relate I’m happy with seeing my buddies once a week and having a GF that’s all I need as long as I can play video games I’m happy