What makes someone's PFL wide?

But how would the eye socket change that much while eyeball width doesn't vary that much ?
This is the reason why i stopped thinking that and thought about the soft tissues.
Only the transverse diameter significantly varies.
So how would the eyeball socket be wider while the eyeball width is relatively stable in size among humans ? Doesn't make sense does it ?
Transverse diameter is horizontal.

• +1
Reactions: orthochadic
Also I’m not sure a difference of a few millimeters of orbital width would require a wider eyeball. There are conditions in which the eye sockets are excessively large for the eyeball they house but that’s rare and not applicable to the average person. A 30 millimeter wide eyeball can have 33 mm wide orbits or 36 mm wide orbits (these aren’t exact measurements but just to illustrate the principle).

• +1
Reactions: orthochadic
I studied in dentistry for 2 years (before quitting it for music jfl)
Sagittal diameter is for the width.
But transverse is only about depth

Proof:

actually i may be wrong jfl wait gimme a second

Attachments

• E8FAC98A-76E7-4415-B44D-BE84942B2B1D.jpeg
    E8FAC98A-76E7-4415-B44D-BE84942B2B1D.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 9
@Warlow can u Measure mine ? Thanks
use a ruler tbh, i don't even trust the iris method that much. I got 32mm(very high) measuring your eyes width. Trust the ruler though

My anatomy course was saying that sagittal plane separate the body or an organ into right and left side while the transverse one separate into superior and inferior.
This induced my error.
Shame on me tbh, cause the diamater is given by the plane rather than the sides they separate.

Also the expression "bisagittal split" of the maxilla induced me to be wrong and think sagittal was about right and left.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 17
My anatomy course was saying that sagittal plane separate the body or an organ into right and left side while the transverse one separate into superior and inferior.
This induced my error.
Shame on me tbh, cause the diamater is given by the plane rather than the sides they separate.

Also the expression "bisagittal split" of the maxilla induced me to be wrong and think sagittal was about right and left.
Right. So Transverse is horizontal.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
This induced my error.

So the transverse diameter varies. So sad for the pflcells 😭. hgh is their only way (acromegalic cases have huge pfl)
Hum so the diameter of an eye gives the pfl, and i guess the difference between the horizontal diameter values and pfl comes from the fact pfl is measured from a low inner canthus to a high outer canthus right ?
Gonna think deeply about it now in case you don't know the answer.

Last edited:
  • +1
No it’s the width of the bony orbit. Wide set zygos are typically the cause of high PFL.

orbital width != zygomatic arch width

(even tho they are usually found together)

case in point: all mongoloids w giant wide faces vs people like Nate

• +1
Reactions: Warlow
View attachment 722989 are these wide zygos to you? no.
That nose and makeup jfl
By the way his PFL doesn't look long, I remember when he said his PFL is 39mm jfl but I only see very weak.infraorbitals while squinting( you can see the shape of eyeball very clearly)

use a ruler tbh, i don't even trust the iris method that much. I got 32mm(very high) measuring your eyes width. Trust the ruler though
36 mm with a Tape man...i think they are to wide tho...

orbital width != zygomatic arch width

(even tho they are usually found together)

case in point: all mongoloids w giant wide faces vs people like Nate
Agreed. There is actually significant variation in the width of adult human eyeballs (up to 7 mm), so wider eyeballs will lead to wider orbital rims even if the zygomatic bone is left in the same position.
A30ACE14 1DC7 456D B465 9F1BFAF15D9B
D30E3A13 6E38 4274 A759 803FF39D825B

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and curryslayerordeath
That nose and makeup jfl
By the way his PFL doesn't look long, I remember when he said his PFL is 39mm jfl but I only see very weak.infraorbitals while squinting( you can see the shape of eyeball very clearly)
36 mm with a Tape man...i think they are to wide tho...
his eyes are above 35mm for sure, higher than yours i measured both of yours(yours is also high). Tape measurer is most accurate, so congrats you have very high pfl

his eyes are above 35mm for sure, higher than yours i measured both of yours(yours is also high). Tape measurer is most accurate, so congrats you have very high pfl
Thanks man , but its ideal tho to be that wide ? It’s literally 99th percentile...I think 32 33 it’s the perfect spot

Thanks man , but its ideal tho to be that wide ? It’s literally 99th percentile...I think 32 33 it’s the perfect spot
i agree, mine is 33-35mm though and i'm very happy with that. Wider eyes are always a halo

it's just the width of the orbits that is pretty much entirely genetic

i agree, mine is 33-35mm though and i'm very happy with that. Wider eyes are always a halo
Ikr...I’m blessed tbh...pfl and eye colour.But still not god tier eye area

Attachments

• A29C5F64-0286-44FF-B65C-35023879AE06.jpeg
    A29C5F64-0286-44FF-B65C-35023879AE06.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Woah
Ikr...I’m blessed tbh...pfl and eye colour.But still not god tier eye area
you have prettyboy eyes, wider but not vertically narrow. You should prettyboy max