What orthodontic approaches are a looksmin and should be avoided apart from tooth extractions?

Deleted member 9699

Deleted member 9699

skelebro psychopethic MonStEr!
Can someone tell me? Visiting an ortho in a week and need to know so I can decline any suggestions he may propose that could looksmin me.

I have a narrow palate & an overbite. I'm thinking he'll probably suggest braces to fix the overbite and I'll say no, if he suggests extractions I will also say no. What else should I look out for?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5969 and Deleted member 3771
pretty much any sort of appliance to correct malocclusion

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 12218, Stare, Deleted member 9699 and 1 other person
Can someone tell me? Visiting an ortho in a week and need to know so I can decline any suggestions he may propose that could looksmin me.

I have a narrow palate & an overbite. I'm thinking he'll probably suggest braces to fix the overbite and I'll say no, if he suggests extractions I will also say no. What else should I look out for?
i assume you have recessed lower jaw, he will probably suggest you dental compensation for overbite he 'll want to pull out your upper pre molars and set back your upper arch for compansate your lower arch, ask him about dental decompasation and jaw surgery rather than compansation

• +1
Reactions: oatmeal

Anything that is meant to retract or hinder potential forward growth.

Jfl bro hes very likely to suggest extractions + braces with elastics to retract ur upper maxilla.

Unironically u either do this or surgerymaxx. I had this treatment done and i felt suicidal for 1 year cuz it had affected my face

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: oatmeal, Deleted member 9699 and AcneScars
Also be prepared cuz they might get angry if u refuse some treatment or mention anything about forward growth

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: oatmeal, Deleted member 9699 and AcneScars
Jfl bro hes very likely to suggest extractions + braces with elastics to retract ur upper maxilla.

Unironically u either do this or surgerymaxx. I had this treatment done and i felt suicidal for 1 year cuz it had affected my face
I just want a plan for my palate first. I will tell him I want MSE or a palate expander.

• +1
Reactions: RAITEIII
Nigga

Elastics and any operation related to pulling ur maxilla back = OVER

Elastics for overbites make your upper lip flat and it’s so shitty looking

If u have an overbite I’m afraid most of the time u require surgery for a proper fix

Otherwise they will Jew u with elastics and aesthetics will take a hit

• +1
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad and Deleted member 9699
Nigga

Elastics and any operation related to pulling ur maxilla back = OVER

Elastics for overbites make your upper lip flat and it’s so shitty looking

If u have an overbite I’m afraid most of the time u require surgery for a proper fix

Otherwise they will Jew u with elastics and aesthetics will take a hit
based response
surgery it is ngl
be chad or die tryin

based response
surgery it is ngl
be chad or die tryin
Depends some have decent treatment with elastics but it depends on severity of overbite and how recessed the jaw is

Like if it’s noticeably recessed then elastics treatment will look like shit

But like 2mm overbite for example is nothing

PM me pics if u like

wait if braces and extractions are bad how does one fix bimaxillary protrusion

Literally tying your dental arches together with braces alone is enough to cause vertical growth (or remodeling) at any age.

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic

Braces on upperteeth is always a looksmin

like elastics? or

i mean not always tho i guess, its ok if its for BSSO
Braces alone because of how they interfere with small dentoalveolar movements and muscular firing. But the extent of damage depends on what those braces are doing as well.