What percent of people that mouth breathe see negative facial changes?

D

Deleted member 18515

Bronze
I know lots of people that have been mouth breathing since childhood and not all of them look recessed and a lot of them look perfectly normal. So what percent of people that mouth breathe look like this:

I know lots of people that have been mouth breathing since childhood and not all of them look recessed and a lot of them look perfectly normal. So what percent of people that mouth breathe look like this:
View attachment 1608576
Mouth Breath has nothing to do with it.

It’s called bad posture and shit genetics

• +1
Reactions: randomvanish, JawGuyFatFaceGuy, needjawsurgery and 1 other person
View attachment 1608576
i look exactly like this but with a slightly better chin and nose. what to do?

Mouth Breath has nothing to do with it.

It’s called bad posture and shit genetics
are you sure about this? because there's so much out there that says mouth breathing does this, like even when you do a Google Search

are you sure about this? because there's so much out there that says mouth breathing does this, like even when you do a Google Search
Wait what??? Even when you do a GOOGLE SEARCH? holy shit

Wait what??? Even when you do a GOOGLE SEARCH? holy shit
ok mb for the phrasing but theres so much out there on the internet that says mouth breathing is what causes this, what makes you think not?

ok mb for the phrasing but theres so much out there on the internet that says mouth breathing is what causes this, what makes you think not?
Actual Doctors telling me recession is genetic

Actual Doctors telling me recession is genetic
hmm so you are saying if someone has good genetics in order to not be recessed and stuff, after they chronic mouth breathe their whole life they will still not be recessed since it's genetic?

• +1
Reactions: one job away
hmm so you are saying if someone has good genetics in order to not be recessed and stuff, after they chronic mouth breathe their whole life they will still not be recessed since it's genetic?
Yes.

Mouth breathing is like the cherry ontop if anything.

Yes.

Mouth breathing is like the cherry ontop if anything.
alright thanks, and by posture you mean tongue posture correct? and what is an example of bad posture?

alright thanks, and by posture you mean tongue posture correct? and what is an example of bad posture?
No. I mean actually posture. Like push your chest out. Many people have their shoulders hanging. That leads to that thin airways look and that bad submental area and super bad hyoid. If you have correct posture the neck immediately looks healthier and the hyoid raises

No. I mean actually posture. Like push your chest out. Many people have their shoulders hanging. That leads to that thin airways look and that bad submental area and super bad hyoid. If you have correct posture the neck immediately looks healthier and the hyoid raises
ohh so the tired eyes' crooked nose, no cheekbones definition is all genetic and the internet is wrong for saying those are traits of a mouth breather bc posture doesnt affect those things?

• +1
Reactions: one job away
ohh so the tired eyes' crooked nose, no cheekbones definition is all genetic and the internet is wrong for saying those are traits of a mouth breather bc posture doesnt affect those things?
Yes

wait really???? theres so much on the internet even by doctors that show what mouth breathing does u sure?
idk I was mouth breather my entire life until recently I'm not recessed or anything

mouth breathing+gameboy=death sentece

0%

I mouthbreathed for 6 years and still have top tier maxilla

0%

I mouthbreathed for 6 years and still have top tier maxilla
so why is this information on the internet and doctors talking about how mouth breathing makes you look like that photo?

haha what does this mean? gameboy meaning the console right?
because when playing gameboy the neck is bent downwards which is an improper posistion that hinders growth

so why is this information on the internet and doctors talking about how mouth breathing makes you look like that photo?
Tbh most doctors don't say mouth breathing makes you look like that. The Mews (Mike Mew and his father) say that cause they wanna disrupt orthodontics. Camouflage orthodontics is stupid but you can only change jaws with jaw surgery or expanders (in children).

The mews blame facial deformities all on diet and mouth breathing but they forget the fact that modern civilisation allowed more ugly children to survive through better food and medical care. Thus, through the past 1000 years the uglies have been spreading their recessed genes through the population. It used to be that most children died in childbirth or before age 2. Now that is like 1%.

This genetic shift is double bad because more children surviving infancy actually leads to the greatest number of mutations arising in the population. Shitty mutations which are otherwise deleterious and increase risk of death in childhood are also likely to cause unattractive facial structure.