What philosophers should I read

i mean, like, insights you gained since starting to read philosophy ig maybe? idktbhngl

> philosophy
> insight

(just stating my opinion on guys who think they're being smart for "philosophizing", not attacking you here)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16275
Jean Paul Sartre
Camus
Kierkegaard
Aristotle

• +1
Reactions: rl⠀
You're about as brilliant as a bag of shiny rocks so I'm not surprised you disagree
All Nietzschean scholars disagree with you and a host of postmodern continental philosophers...

I'm not even gonna bother with you.

i mean, like, insights you gained since starting to read philosophy ig maybe? idktbhngl
Bhai, why are you wasting your time with this retard.

He hasn't read any philosophy book. He can't even solve high school math problems. You are talking to someone who has lost the plot

• Hmm...
functional brain detected
Don't even pretend you have read any of them

You can discuss Aristotle, Camus, Kierkegaard, Sartre with me....

Last edited:
> philosophy
> insight

(just stating my opinion on guys who think they're being smart for "philosophizing", not attacking you here)
There must be something you gain though right? different and challenging perspectives on a number of things etc.
How many books have you read btw?

There must be something you gain though right? different and challenging perspectives on a number of things etc.
He claims Nietzsche is full of shit but hasn't read any of his book. That's all you need to know about him. He is simply full of shit

• +1

don quixote

• +1
Bhai, why are you wasting your time with this retard.

He hasn't read any philosophy book. He can't even solve high school math problems. You are talking to someone who has lost the plot
Well, if there's one thing i can draw from you two fighting so much is that philosophy tends to make people hostile towards people with differing views
kanye west shrug GIF

Can you make a thread like i described btw

Well, if there's one thing i can draw from you two fighting so much is that philosophy tends to make people hostile towards people with differing views
kanye west shrug GIF

Can you make a thread like i described btw

i explained this to you before. dude got brutally everything-mogged by me on lookism and still didnt manage to recover from the trauma.

he's never made a single post about philosophy before getting exposed as a larping virgin on that site, btw.

• Hmm...
He claims Nietzsche is full of shit but hasn't read any of his book. That's all you need to know about him. He is simply full of shit
Nietzsche is so complex man, what do i make of the paradoxicality of his perspectivism? like how did he intend us as readers to see it as?

most of their stuff is literally just water for ppl like me. i don't get how and in what way philosophers changed the world. scientists did
yeah this is why i don't read. even if i did, i wouldn't care about book reviews or recommendations. how would i know if the reviewer's capacity of interpreting the texts is the same as me? maybe it's a bad book and he's just easily impressed? or maybe it's a good book and he just doesn't get it? this is why it's impossible to take readers and learners seriously. intellectualization is a mental illness. men arent meant to sit around reading. ancestral memories and memes are enough, the rest we're supposed to figure out on our own. the proof of this is the fact that i figured out things on my own that were previously discovered hundreds of years ago. clearly the ability of humans to re-invent the wheel is a sign that there is some mechanism of genetic memory at play. also keep in mind niggers never discovered the wheel. it would be as difficult for someone who has never encountered wheels to discover it today as it was for einstein to discover the theory of relativity. so either i'm einstein tier or genetic memory is real

most of their stuff is literally just water for ppl like me. i don't get how and in what way philosophers changed the world. scientists did

an italian who actually gets it. how shocking.

Nietzsche is so complex man, what do i make of the paradoxicality of his perspectivism? like how did he intend us as readers to see it as?

It's actually nothing new or paradoxical

1  fXKvfupJw6OUDLTo3CzhA

• +1
All Nietzschean scholars disagree with you
And all the gothbois think lil peep was the greatest thing since mozart. Go back to middle school and have some biscuits with the nietzsche gang

take my advice sportsfreund: dont read philosophy

And all the gothbois think lil peep was the greatest thing since mozart. Go back to middle school and have some biscuits with the nietzsche gang
Sure, goth bois = academics

I'm not a big fan of Nietzsche though. I just find his critique of enlightenment values fascinating

BTW, I wanna discuss about Sufism with you.... I remember you said Sufism has nothing to do with Islam....

What's your thought on traditionalism/perennialism ? If all religions lead to the ultimate principle, then Sufism is just the esoteric dimension of Islam

Sure, goth bois = academics

BTW, I wanna discuss about Sufism with you.... I remember you said Sufism has nothing to do with Islam....

What's your thought on traditionalism/perennialism ? If all religions lead to the ultimate principle ( Reality ) then Sufism is just the esoteric dimension of Islam ?

Kierkegaard, Schopenhauer, Rousseau, Wittgenstein

• Love it
Reactions: OGJBSLAYER
  • JFL
Reactions: OGJBSLAYER
I’ve read stuff from a bunch of philosophers from antiquity to postmodernism but most of it seemed like pointless mental masturbation tbh.

Csikszentmihályi’s Flow and Marcus Aurelius’ stoic Meditations are two of the few that actually stuck with me.

Nerd shit just jerk of instead

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14693
  • JFL
Reactions: thenewhebbe
Jean-Paul Sartre, John Rawls, Peter Singer

Is it hard too read
Maybe, I don‘t think so personally.
However in Ethics class at my German Gymnasium many people needed help at least once per paragraph to understand something they wrote, especially Immanuel Kant was a problem for them, even though I didn‘t mention him in the post above (he‘s also interesting).

• Hmm...
Maybe, I don‘t think so personally.
However in Ethics class at my German Gymnasium many people needed help at least once per paragraph to understand something they wrote, especially Immanuel Kant was a problem for them, even though I didn‘t mention him in the post above (he‘s also interesting).
I am not saying the book is bad but its bad recomendation to someone that don't read philosophy books

I am not saying the book is bad but its bad recomendation to someone that don't read philosophy books
Yes, my post was related to how demanding their writings are to comprehend.

Not for smart people like myself

• Hmm...