What products should I use after my recent breakout for my whiteheads and scars

JohnBaza

JohnBaza

Invincible Warrior 🦅
Title

• +1
Reactions: BrutalMogger and itzyaboyJJ
Tazarotene 0.05% if you can get it

If you can’t get Tazarotene then Differin, and if you can’t get Differin then Azelaic Acid 10%.

And a gentle cleanser and moisturizer to use morning and night. Cerave works well.
How long do you think my scars will fade away. I was thinking of laseringing it but I dont know what treatment is best and I saw on tiktok that it isnt as effective as I tought. But maybe it is not that bad that I should laser it. I bought azelaic acid 15% yesterday and will ask my derma next week for tazarotene. Can I use them at the same time? Tazarotene for the active whiteheads and azelaic acid for the whitehead scars? Thanks again for helping me btw

How long do you think my scars will fade away. I was thinking of laseringing it but I dont know what treatment is best and I saw on tiktok that it isnt as effective as I tought. But maybe it is not that bad that I should laser it. I bought azelaic acid 15% yesterday and will ask my derma next week for tazarotene. Can I use them at the same time? Tazarotene for the active whiteheads and azelaic acid for the whitehead scars? Thanks again for helping me btw
With Tazarotene you’ll see results within 2/3 months. Tazarotene 0.1% is clinically shown to be just about as effective as microneedling for the treatment of scars.

You can use Azelaic Acid after a month or two after starting Tazarotene, as your skin will be sensitive while it adjusts to Tazarotene during the first months. Once it adjusts, you can use Azelaic Acid in the morning and Tazarotene at night (important that you use Taz at night ONLY, because exposure to light deactivates it). Don’t use both at the same time.

If your derm doesn’t seem keen on Tazarotene, ask for Tretinoin instead. It’s also effective, but Tazarotene is more effective.