What questions do you want me to ask to my orthodontist about the MSE+FP?

CopeAndRope

CopeAndRope

Maxillophiliac
Next week I'll have my second consultation with the ortho about installing the MSE+FP (I'm gonna use my facepuller, unless he can provide me something better).

I thought it would be of great value both for me and you guys to make a list of questions to ask him.

So, what would you like me to ask him?

• +1
Reactions: Slyfex8
What are the effect of a such device on the nose? Like, do you think that the forward, and possibly upwards movement of my maxilla could make my nose appear smaller by dragging the nasal bone into a more forward position or possibly by dragging the cheeks forward compared to the nose?

What are the effect of a such device on the nose? Like, do you think that the forward, and possibly upwards movement of my maxilla could make my nose appear smaller by dragging the nasal bone into a more forward position or possibly by dragging the cheeks forward compared to the nose?
Cool, I'll sign that one. Anything else?

• +1
Reactions: Slyfex8
Next week I'll have my second consultation with the ortho about installing the MSE+FP (I'm gonna use my facepuller, unless he can provide me something better).

I thought it would be of great value both for me and you guys to make a list of questions to ask him.

This guy never fails to amaze me.. idk ask these looksmax thing for maxilla jaw / How we can make more forward growth, idk tbh

Maybe ask about soft tissue changes?what happens with lips ,nose ,and skin in general?

You could also ask him about the impacts on the face of a forward movement and those of an upward movement: Is the only purpose of an upward movement to make the midface appear less long, or does it have other impacts?

Also, what about palates that are "vaulted" when the front part and the side are vaulted: Aren't these palates simply evidence of direct underdevelopment of the maxilla in a saggital direction and in width? If this is the case, I imagine that MSE+FM/FP could not help to adjust the shape of the bone itself, so what could help to develop the palate, mainly in the saggital direction?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: CopeAndRope
a very important question bro :
Can braces - or will 100/100 of Time tbh or not - and especially rubber bands used to push the mandible forward by using it against the maxima, during puberty, gives a bigger and uglier nose + slightly droppy ?
and overall affect the eye area too ?
for example for scleral show .

very important question i want to know if my fucking ortho fucking my facial growth or not.
ANGER

• +1
Reactions: CopeAndRope
Please ask your orthodontist if it is possible to expand (the midpalatal suture) let's say 4x2,5mm or even 2x5mm instead of 1x1cm for protracting the maxilla as far as possible.

Here is a post from varbrah on TGW forums:

"Technically possible but not feasible. A few potential problems:
1) Rigidity, or loss of rigidity of the body of the MSE as you expand, which would make reopening the suture extremely problematic in your model. You would probably have to get a new MSE reinstalled after each run.
2) Time constraints. It takes 6 months to stabilize the suture following expansion. Repeating this more than once means 12 months minimum of having an expander (probably more), and walking around with a giant gap tooth for over a year — I did it for two months and trust me it is not fun, you will hate smiling/laughing/etc in public. After that you are looking at 12-24 months of braces. Total treatment time probably about three years (again, probably more).
3) Protracting 20mm (in any case unlikely) I highly doubt the mandible will be able to autorotate as there will be relatively small counter-clockwise component to its displacement, and you will absolutely need jaw surgery.
4) Getting a doctor to agree to all of the above.
5) It’s possible that multiple, smaller disruptions of the sutures (as you suggest) are actually inferior to a one time extremely large disruption for protraction purposes. I think this is probably the case."

I am fine with all of the above but i need a blackpilled MSE practitioner, not someone to tell me "lol just get a bimax bro" or even worse "oh looks aren't everything stop being so shallow and i am not a plastic surgeon anyways". You seems to have found one. I don't think i will need more than 1cm-1.5cm to achieve gigachad forward growth but i don't wnat to be limited.

Here is the whole thread in case you need it but i am sure u have already seen it https://the-great-work.org/communit...he-pros-and-cons-of-bimax-surgery/#post-12399

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and CopeAndRope
Please ask your orthodontist if it is possible to expand (the midpalatal suture) let's say 4x2,5mm or even 2x5mm instead of 1x1cm for protracting the maxilla as far as possible.

Here is a post from varbrah on TGW forums:

"Technically possible but not feasible. A few potential problems:
1) Rigidity, or loss of rigidity of the body of the MSE as you expand, which would make reopening the suture extremely problematic in your model. You would probably have to get a new MSE reinstalled after each run.
2) Time constraints. It takes 6 months to stabilize the suture following expansion. Repeating this more than once means 12 months minimum of having an expander (probably more), and walking around with a giant gap tooth for over a year — I did it for two months and trust me it is not fun, you will hate smiling/laughing/etc in public. After that you are looking at 12-24 months of braces. Total treatment time probably about three years (again, probably more).
3) Protracting 20mm (in any case unlikely) I highly doubt the mandible will be able to autorotate as there will be relatively small counter-clockwise component to its displacement, and you will absolutely need jaw surgery.
4) Getting a doctor to agree to all of the above.
5) It’s possible that multiple, smaller disruptions of the sutures (as you suggest) are actually inferior to a one time extremely large disruption for protraction purposes. I think this is probably the case."

I am fine with all of the above but i need a blackpilled MSE practitioner, not someone to tell me "lol just get a bimax bro" or even worse "oh looks aren't everything stop being so shallow and i am not a plastic surgeon anyways". You seems to have found one. I don't think i will need more than 1cm-1.5cm to achieve gigachad forward growth but i don't wnat to be limited.

Here is the whole thread in case you need it but i am sure u have already seen it https://the-great-work.org/communit...he-pros-and-cons-of-bimax-surgery/#post-12399
1)I would start right away with a corticopunture to split the sutures at the moment of the MSE installation, so you don't take the risk to not open them, waste 3 months and then re-order another MSE(more money).
2)My ortho told me I can wear braces right after the sutures split. I don't wanna walk like that in public either. Yes, 2-3 years is the same time my ortho told me. It all depends on how quickly you can put the braces on and the sutures split, which should be immediate with the corticopunture. Thinking about all that time needed, it kinda demoralizes me, by the time I'm done, I'm gonna be in my early 30s. And it's crazy to think there are people in their 50s doing this. Like it's over bro, let the wind take you with it :feelskek:
3)Yes, the lower jaw can only follow the forward and lateral expansion so far. That's why I think I'm gonna add the MSDO which is basically an MSE for the lower jaw.
4)I'm paying him huge amounts of shekels, he better do what I ask him or propose something better than just a bimax.
5)I don't remember saying this, I prefer to split right away the sutures with the corticopunture and then slow down the expansion afterward.

update us
are you wearing it now
post a pic

update us
are you wearing it now
post a pic
Not yet, the docs booked me for a CAT scan (computed axial tomography). they want to have a better look at the sub-humanity of my asymmetries.

How do you use both at the same time?

How do you use both at the same time?
With the hooks.
IMG 20191126 184857 781

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685