What should I get MSE SARPE OR MARPE

D

Deleted member 8869

Mistral
What are the differences, in which case should I use what, if anybody is down to help I can send pics and yall can advise me on what to get, its my first step into hard lookmaxxing.

• +1
Reactions: Lorsss
Maybe u should mention why u want to do any of those in the first place jfl

• +1
Reactions: Lorsss and Deleted member 8869
Maybe u should mention why u want to do any of those in the first place jfl
I want a wider palate for a better smile also its kinda hard to breathe through my nose i heard that mse makes it easier to breathe through it.

• +1
Reactions: dadfa and Lorsss
I want a wider palate for a better smile also its kinda hard to breathe through my nose i heard that mse makes it easier to breathe through it.
post palate

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8869
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8869 and Tallooksmaxxer
Difference is that SARPE involves a Le Fort 1 cut and a cut along the maxillary midline. MSE is Won Moon's version of the MARPE and was introduced because MARPE failed to expand the nasal cavity in a parallel pattern.

With SARPE you don't get the cheekbone "gains" that people have reported they gain with the MSE because of the Le Fort 1 cuts. MSE is cope without surgical assistance and even though MSE is better than MARPE it still usually fails to expand the patients parallely between the ANS and PNS unfortunately so the breathing benefits aren't maximized.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20064, Deleted member 16380, Forgotten and 3 others
Difference is that SARPE involves a Le Fort 1 cut and a cut along the maxillary midline. MSE is Won Moon's version of the MARPE and was introduced because MARPE failed to expand the nasal cavity in a parallel pattern.

With SARPE you don't get the cheekbone "gains" that people have reported they gain with the MSE because of the Le Fort 1 cuts. MSE is cope without surgical assistance and even though MSE is better than MARPE it still usually fails to expand the patients parallely between the ANS and PNS unfortunately so the breathing benefits aren't maximized.
high iq

alright guys so no mse for me understand. @AscendingHero what is your opinion? you suggested I should get MSE

Only MSE could widen zygos but in almost any MSE before and after I have seen it's not even noticeable
Cope

Expansion done on a fucking granda. This was from an MSE FB

Yup, but obviously the younger the better.

alright guys so no mse for me understand. @AscendingHero what is your opinion? you suggested I should get MSE
Get MSE, expand slow and chew during it. How old are you?

• +1
Had surgically assisted MARPE, got great nose breathing gains and a 8-10 tooth smile, idk how it will settle.

It reduced my asymetry, but still not satisifed so getting lefort 1 impaction with ccw for mandible autorotation + genioplasty.

It won't ascend you, but if you actually have nose breathing problems then it is 100% worth it.

If you can, get MSE, otherwise MARPE is a close second.

I had the Dresden expander.

• +1
Reactions: coolguy1 and Deleted member 8869
Had surgically assisted MARPE, got great nose breathing gains and a 8-10 tooth smile, idk how it will settle.

It reduced my asymetry, but still not satisifed so getting lefort 1 impaction with ccw for mandible autorotation + genioplasty.

It won't ascend you, but if you actually have nose breathing problems then it is 100% worth it.

If you can, get MSE, otherwise MARPE is a close second.

I had the Dresden expander.
when i smile i can see 10 teeth but they are all crowded and arent straight i think it makes my palate look small i have nose breathing problems regardless.

i am 18 and a half
you can do it i believe, a friend of mine had this MSE retainer for like 2 years, from 17yo to 19 or smth like that and i swear to god it did wonder for his lower third. instead i have to rot

• +1
you can do it i believe, a friend of mine had this MSE retainer for like 2 years, from 17yo to 19 or smth like that and i swear to god it did wonder for his lower third. instead i have to rot
thanks man

@AscendingHero how much expansion did the foid do? Looking into MSE myself but it seems like a complicated subject and not so easy.
Anything u would recommend I read/watch beforehand

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
@AscendingHero how much expansion did the foid do? Looking into MSE myself but it seems like a complicated subject and not so easy.
No idea as im not in the MSE facebook

jawhacks

mse shit on youtube

dr. tings interviews

ask people who've done the procedure

another ortho from turkey who does it on instagram (let me see if i can find her name)

alot of OP private accounts there too

Sry to hijack here, but since there are quite many high IQ people...

Can someone explain to me: why cannot you imitate Bimax with braces?

Like this:

The girl in the pic
Girl

literally has the same effect on her upper/lower jaws as one would expect from Bimax :Comfy:

@Silver @coolguy1 @AscendingHero

Like this:

The girl in the pic
View attachment 1724133
literally has the same effect on her upper/lower jaws as one would expect from Bimax :Comfy:
@alienmaxxer

Like this:

The girl in the pic
View attachment 1724133
That's purely dental flaring and no whatsoever skeletal expansion, the dental flaring gave her additional support in the lip but underlying damage has been caused to her alveolar bone since it's purely dental flaring. You can never imitate bimaxillary advancement through a tooth-borne device, sorry to say this.

Prior to equipping her with the device there are no surgical cuts made to assist her "expansion", caging at this shitty orthodontist who is selling this to people for $7000-10000. Only way to gain maxillary advancement with such devices is through face bow but only if the pterygomaxillary suture has been disjuncted and even then the advancement is very small and not predictable.

The orho also took no scans of her to determine if she had any skeletal expansion, how is he trying to prove his point of maxillary advancement if no scans are present, I can't wrap my head around this.

EDIT: After looking at the website you linked further I noticed that all the people who practice at the clinic are dentists, none of them are orthodontists, that should say enough :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, ChristianChad and Deleted member 16380
You are wasting your time with all of these. You need SARPE w/ high cut lefort or you need EASE, nothing else will improve your nasal breathing. You need PMD as the guy above said. For cosmetics there are a million better options, expansion has one of the lowest rewards on investment of any cosmetic procedure.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad