What weights should I start lifting with? gymcels help

Hozay

Hozay

True Chadlite
Gonna start to go to the gym monday (when it opens because of washington lockdown), skinny fat so I'm weak as fuck, also a beginner. I know I'm not gonna be able to lift crazy shit. Any advice?

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing
literally any beginner program will get you noob gains if you do it consistently

• +1
Reactions: Stingray, Deleted member 6403, randomvanish and 3 others
Start with like a 75 bench, 100 squat, 15-20 for bicep curls, shit like thst.

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing and Hozay
The actual weight doesn't matter. First learn the proper form and mind muscle connection. After that progress with whatever weight you are currently using. It can be pussy weight or genetic freak weight doesn't matter. As long as you do 10-15 reps (last 5 or so reps should be very hard to finish) so basically do the maximum weight you can lift while maintaining high volume. Doesn't matter how much you lift but how much you look like you lift son. And if you care about strength bodybuilding will make you 2x-5x (not much in comparison to strength athletes) stronger over time but powerlifting is where strength comes in

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Spinc, Luke LLL, Deleted member 6403 and 3 others
Start with like a 75 bench, 100 squat, 15-20 for bicep curls, shit like thst.
i'm 146 pounds 5'10 goal is 160 right now then eventually 170. hopefully i can lift that shit. if not just do less right?

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing and St. Wristcel
300 lbs deadlift is minimum for beginners

• +1
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: IdiAmin, Stingray, randomvanish and 3 others
First learn the proper form and mind muscle connection.
that sounds complicated as fuck, but im just gonna copy what i see people doing on youtube with their movement

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing
i'm 146 pounds 5'10 goal is 160 right now then eventually 170. hopefully i can lift that shit. if not just do less right?
Yes, at least in my estimation. Good luck, it doesn’t hurt to start low. Who knows maybe you have superhuman strength.

• +1
Reactions: Hozay
that sounds complicated as fuck, but im just gonna copy what i see people doing on youtube with their movement
It's not at all that basically means that you feel the muscle that you are using and that will help you grow more. For example instead of using 8 separate muscles to do a curl you will be able to focus on specific muscles more with your brain and their activation. With perfect form mind muscle connection is built

• +1
Reactions: Spinc
The actual weight doesn't matter. First learn the proper form and mind muscle connection. After that progress with whatever weight you are currently using. It can be pussy weight or genetic freak weight doesn't matter. As long as you do 10-15 reps (last 5 or so reps should be very hard to finish) so basically do the maximum weight you can lift while maintaining high volume. Doesn't matter how much you lift but how much you look like you lift son. And if you care about strength bodybuilding will make you 2x-5x (not much in comparison to strength athletes) stronger over time but powerlifting is where strength comes in

this is the program im gonna follow, what do you think? good for beginner?

• +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998
Yes, at least in my estimation. Good luck, it doesn’t hurt to start low. Who knows maybe you have superhuman strength.
I'm gonna feel insecure lifting low weight but fuck it, we all start somewhere

• +1
Reactions: St. Wristcel and Baldingman1998
View attachment 920782
this is the program im gonna follow, what do you think? good for beginner?
Didn't read but anything is good but the most efficient program for gains is push pull legs. Push pull 2x per week and legs once a week ( but can be hard for a beginner or if you are going all in and can't recover fast enough)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403
Didn't read but anything is good but the most efficient program for gains is push pull legs. Push pull 2x per week and legs once a week ( but can be hard for a beginner or if you are going all in and can't recover fast enough)
gonna go 3 times a week

• +1
gonna go 3 times a week
1Push (chest triceps sholders all 3 heads of sholder)
2Rest
3Pull (biceps back lats )
4Rest
5Legs ( + abs if you aren't completely dead or add abs to a different home workout or pull day)
6rest
7 rest.
Repeat

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 6403 and Hozay
Which ever weights you can lift with good form

• Love it
2Rest
4Rest
5Legs ( + abs if you aren't completely dead or add abs to a different home workout or pull day)
6rest
7 rest.
Repeat
Actually I'm wrong as a beginner full body workouts are better for like a month to get into it so just do full body 3x a week

• +1
2Rest
4Rest
6rest
7 rest.
Repeat
so like this

• +1
just start light and increase the weight until you can't lift it for many reps

Gonna start to go to the gym monday (when it opens because of washington lockdown), skinny fat so I'm weak as fuck, also a beginner. I know I'm not gonna be able to lift crazy shit. Any advice?
Heavy weights

Like someone said. I would focus on just the bar or lightest weight and do as many rep proper form. I just would count rep. I’d just focus on perfect form. Seeing if the muscle the excising is being hit by going until form failure. You should feel fatigue is the muscle group targeted for 2 mins rest then repeat.

• Love it
nobody at the gym cares what you lift as a beginner, you're probably too small to even see. first few work outs i'd do with just the bar to learn the form a little bit. Legit no reason to be insecure, most people started at the same spot as you.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: IdiAmin, Baldingman1998 and Hozay
nobody at the gym cares what you lift as a beginner, you're probably too small to even see. first few work outs i'd do with just the bar to learn the form a little bit. Legit no reason to be insecure, most people started at the same spot as you.
Thanks, needed to hear that bro.