Whats a good degree/field of study if your interests fluctuate?

slayerToBe

slayerToBe

Silver
So I am interested in STEM, but I am not sure what I should study, I can be interested in one thing (recently it was mathematics), but after about a couple of weeks, I am interested in something else. For example one week I can be really interested in biochemistry, the next quantum physics, the next logic, etc. This is probably because I am an autistic INTP. Is there a field of study that suits those with fluctuating interests such as mine, perhaps a field with many different elements?

Is there a field of study that suits those with fluctuating interests such as mine, perhaps a field with many different elements?
no

The best you can do is to study something that actually has some worth and could help you becoming self-employed in the future. Just studying mathematics is worthless if you want to start a business. You need skills that are actually worthwhile, so you should study a STEM field that actually has worth in the real world.
It's all about skills.

I understand that this is hard since I'm a lazy sperg with shit attention span myself. But we need to force ourselves. Nothing else we can do.

• +1
Reactions: Deprived and Zonar
no

The best you can do is to study something that actually has some worth and could help you becoming self-employed in the future. Just studying mathematics is worthless if you want to start a business. You need skills that are actually worthwhile, so you should study a STEM field that actually has worth in the real world.
It's all about skills.

I understand that this is hard since I'm a lazy sperg with shit attention span myself. But we need to force ourselves. Nothing else we can do.
Well it doesn't necessarily have to be mathematics, just something that perhaps combines multiple elements if different fields, something where I would work on a variety of different types problems and apply different types of knowledge frequently. I want to learn a variety of subjects within stem, and if I study one field, I will probably lose interest eventually. That is why I want a field that has multiple types of fields, so I don't lose interest, but I am not sure which to study, that will have me learn all kinds of things and where I will apply different types of knowledge in my job. I don't care about being rich, I mean I want a decent amount of money, but I don't care about which job makes me the most money, especially if I'm going to be miserable doing it.

Interests don’t matter and aren’t related to job satisfaction

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer, JovenCansao, MentalistKebab and 3 others
if you can I would sign up for multiple majors, take some classes and see which is the most interesting to you, then dip from the others

• +1
Reactions: Respalier and slayerToBe
If you have multiple interests and they all lead to different job outcomes pick the major that'll give you greater job stability so you won't end up in a catastrophic situation if you ever get laid off during a crisis

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and slayerToBe
So I am interested in STEM, but I am not sure what I should study, I can be interested in one thing (recently it was mathematics), but after about a couple of weeks, I am interested in something else. For example one week I can be really interested in biochemistry, the next quantum physics, the next logic, etc. This is probably because I am an autistic INTP. Is there a field of study that suits those with fluctuating interests such as mine, perhaps a field with many different elements?
Generalists win in this age.

The new Renaissance.

Generalists do not mean jack of all trades.

Rather a very advanced stage in multiple fields and linking them together in ways never thought of before.

You would do well in research. Then you would be able to take your findings public (into a company IPO).

You would also do well in design.

Problem-solving.

Just make sure that moving about between fields is not a lack of commitment or discipline.

Well is your priority money, or happiness in what you do?

nigga has the most boring interests

MED SCHOOL nigga !

Thats what u should study to get rich and respected as an autistic introvert.

nigga has the most boring interests
Also this, trying to make school subjects related to ones interests is the most pitiful thing I see, your hobbies should be joyful activities that wont make you stressed while you autistically focus on it, it should be joyful activities preferrably done with your friends, like sports.

Hell even playing LoL is better than researching astrophysics

draw large penises

sucking me off

Well it doesn't necessarily have to be mathematics, just something that perhaps combines multiple elements if different fields, something where I would work on a variety of different types problems and apply different types of knowledge frequently. I want to learn a variety of subjects within stem, and if I study one field, I will probably lose interest eventually. That is why I want a field that has multiple types of fields, so I don't lose interest, but I am not sure which to study, that will have me learn all kinds of things and where I will apply different types of knowledge in my job. I don't care about being rich, I mean I want a decent amount of money, but I don't care about which job makes me the most money, especially if I'm going to be miserable doing it.
Sounds like engineering could suit you

• +1
Reactions: slayerToBe and Won't Stop Mewing