What's it like travelling in the United States?

D

Deleted member 22099

I used to not get sick.
Recently I've been getting more interested in going there. In a few years I'd like to fly to somewhere on the east coast and buy a car and then spend a few months traversing the entire country, maybe go to Mexico too.

@vanillaicecream @Exterminator

• +1
Reactions: Jigen, ReadBooksEveryday, TheAnomaly and 2 others
Where are you trying to go? One of the coolest things about the US is the unique appearance and atmosphere of each state. many other countries tend to have a uniform look and feel throughout their cities and provinces.

• +1
Reactions: ReadBooksEveryday, rubberduck, TheAnomaly and 2 others
Cant help you brah, I've never left my home state of new jersey

• Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: PointOfNoReturn, Deleted member 20399, TheAnomaly and 1 other person
Where are you trying to go? One of the coolest things about the US is the unique appearance and atmosphere of each state. many other countries tend to have a uniform look and feel throughout their cities and provinces.
Yeah that's exactly what I realised. I'd love to meet loads of people from different places and experience the environment. Most of it looks good to travel.

It's so cool how all this is the same country:
D864fe32a263b374028f72aadf040a34
0d47ee6df45182b4da0da70d4dede9dd
49cbb51af46bbcbac61937f5be7e17aa
9434059e5a52398cd7eaa721057754fc
5242771fab7876394d564dcd71b578f8
9552751467be3306b29ae62063d2179a

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Jigen, ReadBooksEveryday, BoredPrince and 7 others
america is boring

alaska is best state to travel

• WTF
Reactions: TheAnomaly
Yeah that's exactly what I realised. I'd love to meet loads of people from different places and experience the environment. Most of it looks good to travel.

It's so cool how all this is the same country:
View attachment 2339060View attachment 2339061View attachment 2339063View attachment 2339064View attachment 2339066View attachment 2339067

The main cities to visit are ofc New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles. I'm not sure what you're into though. If you're into nightlife and banging stacy's I'd suggest Miami, Vegas and LA. If you wanna see beautiful scenery you can try the state and national parks like the grand canyon and Yosemite and shit like that. So much to do and see over here.

• +1
Reactions: ReadBooksEveryday, TheAnomaly, aBetterMii and 1 other person
The main cities to visit are ofc New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles. I'm not sure what you're into though. If you're into nightlife and banging stacy's I'd suggest Miami, Vegas and LA. If you wanna see beautiful scenery you can try the state and national parks like the grand canyon and Yosemite and shit like that. So much to do and see over here.
On my bucket list is NYC, Appalachia, south Texas/New Mexico and maybe Senora, and anywhere in California just to see the Western sun setting over the sea.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ReadBooksEveryday, aBetterMii and Deleted member 29155
It’s the same everywhere, foreigners running rampant

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 20399
Most of the major cities are shit holes now apart from NYC. LA, Chicago and SanFrancisco have been ruined by leftist policies.

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies and Deleted member 29155
I also wanna go

• +1
Reactions: TheAnomaly
I have traveled to over 40 states and 3 US territories. I was also in the travel profession. It's a very easy country to travel in. It is designed for long distance auto travel. Despite the vast differences. You can get gas, food, hotel/camping and sundries the same from Arizona to Maine. While Arizona and Maine look nothing like each other and are very different. The basics of travel are the same. So that is one thing you don't have to concern yourself with.
Unless you are in a hurry, stay off the interstates. The interstates were built to move troops rapidly from one side of the Country to the other. So they are generally in the least interesting and flattest area.
Even though I have been a travel professional, I have to spend time researching where to go and what to do. You should as well.
Each State is different. Pick things you like and plan your trip accordingly. Do you like cities? National Parks? Beach? Mountians? interesting food? Certian kind of music? Historiy?...

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies and Deleted member 22099
I was mocking user slop slinger, he's from rural iowa
okay, hold your fucking horses. no need to derail a perfectly good thread with your BULLSHIT ANTICS

Anyways, OP, the entire country is basically the same except NYC, LA, Miami, and then the national parks. But there are literally national parks in every country. Anyway, have a good trip, and fuck you and vanillaicecream.

On my bucket list is NYC, Appalachia, south Texas/New Mexico and maybe Senora, and anywhere in California just to see the Western sun setting over the sea.
I've been to all. Though I'm not sure what 'Senora' is. South East TX and South West TX are very different. One is coastal and subtropical. Cool beach towns like Corpus Christie. The interior is very sparsely inhabited. Some large ranches held by descendents of the original Spanish settlers. The other is a desert or a grassland with the Rio Grande River, mountians and Big Bend National Park. West TX is even emptier. I like El Paso. A big city on the border and a nice break for the vast, lonely empty spaces. South NM has some cool towns, Messilla and Las Cruces. Silver City, an old western town up in the mountians. Carlsbad Caverns and White Sands, both National Parks/Monuments are in the south too. As for Sunset in Cali, stay south, as once you get up to Monterey, you risk having coastal fog ruin your sunset. Southern Cali has warmer, clearer weather and classic beaches with hot girls and surfing. Along Big Sur and north of SF, the coast is much more rugged and dramatic with cliffs along the shore. Appalachia is a giant, mountainous forest with some tiny towns and settlements. West Virginia, which is probably the quintessinal Appalachia, is stunningly beautiful. Raft the New River for some white water thrills.

Dispite the bad press lately, SF is incredibly beautiful. I also liked Denver, San Diego, Seattle and Portland. San Antonio, Charleston SC, Honolulu, Boston.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20399 and stevielake
Most of the major cities are shit holes now apart from NYC. LA, Chicago and SanFrancisco have been ruined by leftist policies.
Still worth a visit.

• +1
Reactions: bwrauycnee
Anyways, OP, the entire country is basically the same except NYC, LA, Miami, and then the national parks. But there are literally national parks in every country. Anyway, have a good trip, and fuck you and vanillaicecream.
I totaly disagree.

Dispite the bad press lately, SF is incredibly beautiful. I also liked Denver, San Diego, Seattle and Portland. San Antonio, Charleston SC, Honolulu, Boston.
I'm a history nerd. I recently did Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington DC. I traveled by train and really enjoyed my experience.

OP really should consider transportation options carefully, cause outside of the cities you'll have to drive everywhere because the public transportation here isn't as extensive as in Europe.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22099 and TheAnomaly
Down to meet you if you ever visit the US. There's a lot to do, many different environments. I can show you some cool mountain areas in my region. It's a lot of fun to just drive around here but its also huge.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22099 and TheAnomaly
The bad press is actually accurate. Downtown SF is essentially empty, with most major storefronts now closed and almost no foot traffic past 6. Main districts are littered with shit, needles and homeless encampments and crawling with crackhead zombies. And it’s not an exaggeration.

I've been to all. Though I'm not sure what 'Senora' is. South East TX and South West TX are very different. One is coastal and subtropical. Cool beach towns like Corpus Christie. The interior is very sparsely inhabited. Some large ranches held by descendents of the original Spanish settlers. The other is a desert or a grassland with the Rio Grande River, mountians and Big Bend National Park. West TX is even emptier. I like El Paso. A big city on the border and a nice break for the vast, lonely empty spaces. South NM has some cool towns, Messilla and Las Cruces. Silver City, an old western town up in the mountians. Carlsbad Caverns and White Sands, both National Parks/Monuments are in the south too. As for Sunset in Cali, stay south, as once you get up to Monterey, you risk having coastal fog ruin your sunset. Southern Cali has warmer, clearer weather and classic beaches with hot girls and surfing. Along Big Sur and north of SF, the coast is much more rugged and dramatic with cliffs along the shore. Appalachia is a giant, mountainous forest with some tiny towns and settlements. West Virginia, which is probably the quintessinal Appalachia, is stunningly beautiful. Raft the New River for some white water thrills.
Senora is part of Mexico right up against the US, near California, I'd like to go to Chihuahua which is further East as well, maybe go through both in the same trip.

Senora is part of Mexico right up against the US, near California, I'd like to go to Chihuahua which is further East as well, maybe go through both in the same trip.
Guadalajara was nice.

The bad press is actually accurate. Downtown SF is essentially empty, with most major storefronts now closed and almost no foot traffic past 6. Main districts are littered with shit, needles and homeless encampments and crawling with crackhead zombies. And it’s not an exaggeration.
I’m here. the waterfront side of the City is still fine. Ocean beach, Presidio, Wharf, North Besch, Embarcadero down to the Chase Center. All good. So is The Marina & Sunset/Twin Peaks & Golden Gate Park. Downtown. upper Market, the Haight & Richmond have really gone down though.

• +1
I’m here. the waterfront side of the City is still fine. Ocean beach, Presidio, Wharf, North Besch, Embarcadero down to the Chase Center. All good. So is The Marina & Sunset/Twin Peaks & Golden Gate Park. Downtown. upper Market, the Haight & Richmond have really gone down though.
Yeah those parts have less crackheads but they’re empty af now

lol what. chicago ???

Recently I've been getting more interested in going there. In a few years I'd like to fly to somewhere on the east coast and buy a car and then spend a few months traversing the entire country, maybe go to Mexico too.

@vanillaicecream @Exterminator
that would be insanely expensive

Nigga are you rich.

But yeah its pretty fun, but at you can only rent a car after 21 so thats shit

Yeah those parts have less crackheads but they’re empty af now
was there this weekend. Beautiful weather. lots of people. No crackheads or shitters.

• +1
the US is a great place to visit. Especially if you want to do a cross country road trip. I would say you should definitely avoid cities like San Francisco. But other than that there’s a lot of great places to visit like Yellowstone National Park, The Statue Of Liberty, Hollywood, Mount Rushmore,etc. if you want a cheap but nice hotels, look to places just outside if the cities in the suburban areas. You’ll save a ton. And always stick to using the major interstates at night. As nice as America can be there are just some places you do not want to get lost in. Pm me if you want more information.