What's the difference between forward and downward growth?

It'snotover

It'snotover

Funkyflamingo enjoyer, DARK LOOKS FOREVER
Apart from the classic downward mandible, bad undereye and ramus 404 with high gonial angle and bad maxilla, can a guy with a not recessed but average maxilla be downward grown? And from what you do notice it? It's something that is not fully clear to me, especially when some people says that opry or barrett are downward grown jfl

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22354
Bump + add some images for illustration

• +1
Reactions: It'snotover
Bump + add some images for illustration
True. We need this, sometimes i feel like people don't know what truly downward growth is

There is a really good gif which I will link below which demonstrates the differences between the two:

As seen in the image, forward growth of the craniofacial complex is notified by a certain number of key factors, such as the slope of the forehead, the prominence and angulation of the nose, the change in orbital support, the change in nasiolabial and mentiolabial angles, the change in maxillary prominence and angulation, a change in mandibular prominence and angulation, and, while not necessarily included (but probably occurring) is the decrease of FWHR.

There are alot more, but that should be the few key differences between the two.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Constantin Denis and Deleted member 19766
Yes, I have a forward grown maxilla with downward grown mandible