What’s the downside of Fosamax and other drugs like it

I

(In)CelibatePsycho2

Bronze
I was reading my chemistry textbook and it was talking about how Fosamax can treat osteoporsis by inhibiting the activity of cells responsible for bone resorption. This drug sounds like it would be great for heightmaxxing, increasing clavicle width, and facial bone growth. But it’s not talked about much in here, why? Is it ineffective for looksmaxxing?

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
slows breakdown of bone, doesnt make new bone ?
I was under the impression that we constantly make new bone, we just don’t notice growth because our bones get broken down at the same rate. If we slow bone breakdown wouldn’t we see bone growth? Unless our body adapts or something else happens.

Anyways even if it doesn’t increase size greater density is still good, right? Isn’t a big criticism of aromatase inhibitors that your bones will be weak because of low estrogen? This can help resolve that issue, can it not?

• +1
I was under the impression that we constantly make new bone, we just don’t notice growth because our bones get broken down at the same rate. If we slow bone breakdown wouldn’t we see bone growth? Unless our body adapts or something else happens.

Anyways even if it doesn’t increase size greater density is still good, right? Isn’t a big criticism of aromatase inhibitors that your bones will be weak because of low estrogen? This can help resolve that issue, can it not?
are u talking about taking it as a young teen?

then it's not doing shit and even as a teen i dont think it would counteract the bone density loss from lower estrogen

What not? What if you megadose it and also megadose similar drugs at the same

at least when your older I think this drug might be worth it just to help you maintain your height, since old people usually get shorter.

• +1
I looked into it and it doesn’t seem to have very good reviews.
IMG 8424

Looking on Reddit people are afraid of jawbone issues. Apparently it can restrict blood flow to the jaw for some reason which fucks it up. I wonder if there’s a way to counteract this potential side effect. Maybe tadaladil could help? I don’t know anything about how any of this works but it’s worth looking into I think. I’m busy with college someone else research this shit
IMG 8423

Why is no one replying
Niggers discuss the drug

Editing this reply, it seems like this drug greatly decreases bone formation after some years of use. I’m not surprised but I am a bit disheartened. Regardless I still think this drug may have potential. I mean it probably decreases bone breakdown more that it decreases bone creation

Last edited: