Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions, Baldingman1998 and Patrick Baitman
Bump. Niglords, answer me

Who is that guy

8x6 atleast

• JFL
Reactions: greycel, wagbox, Darkstrand and 3 others
  • JFL
Reactions: Darkstrand, Deleted member 6873 and HighIQcel
Depends a lot on mandible length too I read that the average ratio of ramus to mandible is 5:7 so that would be good to aim for, maybe if you think your face isnt masculine enough a ratio of 6:7 would be good

• +1
Reactions: Darkstrand and Patrick Baitman
Ramus like john todd or go home

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot and Patrick Baitman
Gargantuan

• Love it
Reactions: Patrick Baitman
6' is manlet

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: 000 and Patrick Baitman
Slightly below the lower lip.

Some may consider a bit longer to be ideal:

• +1
Reactions: Patrick Baitman and Darkstrand
Gonial angle and harmony are more important.

The longer your chin, the longer your ramus should be.

• +1
Reactions: MentalistKebab
Gonial angle and harmony are more important.

The longer your chin, the longer your ramus should be.
It’s much more important that it harmonize with your middle and upper third. Lots of guys have tall ramuses and short chins (Duchovny for instance). Low gonial angle with a short ramus looks infantile.

Ideal lenght should give you like 115-128 degree gonial angle in my opinion.
Long ramus and good jaw is essential for irl looks.

• +1
Reactions: Constantin Denis, Patrick Baitman and Darkstrand
Depends on chin height. Forward growth and visibility/definition is more important than the actual shape imo tho.

2 - 3.5 inches

• +1
Ideal lenght should give you like 115-128 degree gonial angle in my opinion.
Long ramus and good jaw is essential for irl looks.
View attachment 657516
Ramus length doesn’t change your gonial angle. It changes where your mandible body sits in relation to the rest of your face as it attaches to the bottom of the ramus. If you have a tall ramus, your jaw will be further away from the lips, and vice verse. You can have a short ramus and a 115 degree genial angle, and a tall ramus with a 115 degree gonial angle.

6ADDE37D 0E65 4AEB BE12 979D4FAE6009
5B909EC3 7738 442C BF92 A8C3C4BC8F57

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202, PubertyMaxxer, Darkstrand and 1 other person
If you have a tall ramus, your jaw will be further away from the lips, and vice verse.
How to check that then? Also, my ramus Length is 6cm, is that considered tall?

How to check that then? Also, my ramus Length is 6cm, is that considered tall?
Put one finger right below your ear and feel the “top” of the ramus, then put your thumb below it and run it down until you feel the jaw start to get sharp or start to curve. That’s the beginning of your gonion, and the end of your ramus is right above it.

It’s more about proportions than absolute measurement. If it goes below your lower lip, it’s tall.

• +1
Put one finger right below your ear and feel the “top” of the ramus, then put your thumb below it and run it down until you feel the jaw start to get sharp or start to curve.
Damn, that part felt like I was reading some erotica.

Yeah, my gonion is well below my lower lip, so I guess it's tall

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 3202
Damn, that part felt like I was reading some erotica.

Yeah, my gonion is well below my lower lip, so I guess it's tall
The vast majority of people have gonions that sit below their lower lip. The bottom of your ramus needs to be below the lower lip for it to be tall. The second your jaw starts to curve, you’ve reached the gonion and are no longer touching the ramus.

• +1
The vast majority of people have gonions that sit below their lower lip. The bottom of your ramus needs to be below the lower lip for it to be tall. The second your jaw starts to curve, you’ve reached the gonion and are no longer touching the ramus.
But isnt the end of your ramus right at the goniOn

But isnt the end of your ramus right at the goniOn
No, it’s right above your gonion. Gonion is kind of it’s own landmark that connects the mandible body to the ramus.

• +1
0829767B DAC0 4692 B097 5A22BD15FADD

So Barrett has a short ramus

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
Thick black is ramus and mandible body, thin black is gonion:

3C124DED 36EC 4E8F A832 9C6E02A69B35

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202, Patrick Baitman and brainded

How can ramus be tall when just below lower lip if most people have gonions below lower lip? I'd say most people have gonions above lower lip and that you're right a tall ramus needs a gonion below lower lip.

However, I'd argue that for sake of angularity you need a gonial angle at around 120-125 which would determine where gonion should be, not the other way around.

2 meters

• JFL
How can ramus be tall when just below lower lip if most people have gonions below lower lip? I'd say most people have gonions above lower lip and that you're right a tall ramus needs a gonion below lower lip.

However, I'd argue that for sake of angularity you need a gonial angle at around 120-125 which would determine where gonion should be, not the other way around.
Answer to the first question is that the ramus is not the same or part of the gonion, as I explained already. Go ion is the part that attached the ramus to the mandible body and sits below the bottom of the ramus. Gonionis also a curved landmark and will thus almost always reach below the lips. Gonial angle does not determine where the gonion is located and it also doesn’t determine how angular your jaw looks. Gonion flare does that.

Colvin’s avi

• +1
Reactions: AutisticBeaner
Emphasises lack of horizontal projection in chin and now makes him look uglier. Goes to show you that you can fix one thing and make the overall gestalt worse.
I don’t think it looks worse and, if it does, I would say it’s because it shows Barrett has a high gonial angle. But, if you think chin projection is the problem, here you go:

BA1726BE 4D73 4FB2 83A8 4AE43A1CF138

Here he is with a taller ramus, lower gonial angle, and more chin projection:

59668329 D1B0 4BD4 858B 80BDF7343CA6
CF8E0743 2A0C 4C7B 9459 F1D298437768

Answer to the first question is that the ramus is not the same or part of the gonion, as I explained already. Go ion is the part that attached the ramus to the mandible body and sits below the bottom of the ramus. Gonionis also a curved landmark and will thus almost always reach below the lips. Gonial angle does not determine where the gonion is located and it also doesn’t determine how angular your jaw looks. Gonion flare does that.

If you consider the gonion to be the connector between ramus and mandible, sure then you're right it will go below the lip. But if you drew a horizontal line in frontal profile of a person with the ideal jaw where would the line be located in relation to the lip if it intersects with the middle of the gonial curve? Just at the bottom or significantly below? I've seen some eppley creations where such a line is quite below the bottom lip and it looks bizarre. Generally speaking the faces where the line is just at the bottom lip end up looking the best mix of blocky and angular.

If you consider the gonion to be the connector between ramus and mandible, sure then you're right it will go below the lip. But if you drew a horizontal line in frontal profile of a person with the ideal jaw where would the line be located in relation to the lip if it intersects with the middle of the gonial curve? Just at the bottom or significantly below? I've seen some eppley creations where such a line is quite below the bottom lip and it looks bizarre. Generally speaking the faces where the line is just at the bottom lip end up looking the best mix of blocky and angular.

Hard to understand exactly what you’re asking, but a ramus that goes very far below the lower lip does look bad and is why lots of Eppley implants look shit: the proportions are off.

This is ideal in my opinion:

E3AAC81D 4630 4F98 B1C7 8757E58C993B

His ramus (straight part of his jaw on the sides) reaches just below his lower lip and the gonions sit right below the ramus, so a bit farther below the lower lips.

If you can find a picture of the shitty Eppley implant you have in mind, I’m sure the gonions will sit much farther below the lips than Pattinson’s.

Hard to understand exactly what you’re asking, but a ramus that goes very far below the lower lip does look bad and is why lots of Eppley implants look shit: the proportions are off.

This is ideal in my opinion:

View attachment 658969
His ramus (straight part of his jaw on the sides) reaches just below his lower lip and the gonions sit right below the ramus, so a bit farther below the lower lips.

If you can find a picture of the shitty Eppley implant you have in mind, I’m sure the gonions will sit much farther below the lips than Pattinson’s.

I agree with this. I'm actually doing a custom jaw implant with him so just curious on your take. My gonial flare reaches its maximum just below lower lip so it seems to align with this view.

Better but tbh the chin to philtrum ratio is fucked and his chin length is way too big now. Should be 2 to 2.25 and horizontal projection needs to go further and extend out to touch a vertical line aligning with his lower lip.
Ideal chin to philtrum is 2.25-2.75. Tons of attractive guys have chins that don’t reach their lower lip. As long as it reaches the nasion, it’s good.

Last edited:
I agree with this. I'm actually doing a custom jaw implant with him so just curious on your take. My gonial flare reaches its maximum just below lower lip so it seems to align with this view.
Again, the vast majority of gonions sit below the lower lip as they also connect with the mandible body, which always sits below the lower lip. Gonion is a curved landmark, so even if the beginning doesn’t reach past the lower lip, the end will.

Ideal chin to philtrum is 2.25-2.75. Tons of attractive guys have chins that don’t reach their lower lip. As long as it reaches the nasion, it’s good.

What happens if chin to philtrum ratio is 2.3 but the lower third is over 20% longer than middle third? OK? Seems like a real danger of long face developing.