whats the most effective way to train the rear delt?

enriquecel

enriquecel

i forgive chudlite
i want to have that 3d look, i already have capped shoulders but i want to push it farther and make them comically big, i do 1 armed rear delt cable flies with long length partials only. what im dealing with:
what i want:
. how i target those fibres directly withough engaging the traps or teres muscles?

bump

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
military press behind the neck

Any rear delt exercise for 8-10 sets per week

• +1
Reactions: enriquecel
Also your butt should be in wounds from trenbolone acetate syringes

• JFL
Military press works entire shoulder
i already do that tho, but i need an excersise that targets the rear delts mostly and any other muscles other than the rear delt shouldnt be involed. for me my lateral delts are over developed and look wierd from the side

i already do that tho, but i need an excersise that targets the rear delts mostly and any other muscles other than the rear delt shouldnt be involed. for me my lateral delts are over developed and look wierd from the side

• +1
Reactions: copingvolcel, RealNinja and enriquecel
Imo that's good enough just be consistent, I am doing dumbbell flies. Just be consistent and switch to something different in couple of month

Face pulls? I dont go to the gym so i dont really know what Im talking about but I hope this helps

Face pulls? I dont go to the gym so i dont really know what Im talking about but I hope this helps
face pulls mog, ive been doing them since forever

Imo that's good enough just be consistent, I am doing dumbbell flies. Just be consistent and switch to something different in couple of month
theres almost no restistance at the stretched position, try a cable fly for the rear delt and see how it goes and keep ur arms straight bhai 🫡

• +1
Reactions: undefined64
Just do reverse pec dec lol

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies, enriquecel and mnbvcxz
Always hits
It hurts and burns the most for me, probably cause ur sitting down and only moving ur arms back and forth

• +1
Reactions: enriquecel and mnbvcxz
i want to have that 3d look, i already have capped shoulders but i want to push it farther and make them comically big, i do 1 armed rear delt cable flies with long length partials only. what im dealing with: View attachment 3120634 what i want: View attachment 3120636. how i target those fibres directly withough engaging the traps or teres muscles?
Tbh a lot of exercises kind of hit the rear delt, enough to give it a bit of work but not enough to have any intensity/growth, so if I train rows, or normal shoulder presses, I'll superset with rear delt flys

• +1
bent over dumbbell flies sitting on a bench… made my rear delts blow up. Before that I was doing reverse pec deck and never felt it much in my rear delts. Sit on a bench, bend over, and do the flies at a 45-60 degree angle , this will get you the best rear delt contraction. When you start getting tired you can use your upper back to help you “row” the weight at the top and continue hammering your rear delts.

• +1

Been following GVS since he had like 20k subs. He also has a great video on making your own upper lower split, and it's free.
I've been using that split and it has given me way better results than the full body programs found on Reddit.

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies
i want to have that 3d look, i already have capped shoulders but i want to push it farther and make them comically big, i do 1 armed rear delt cable flies with long length partials only. what im dealing with: View attachment 3120634 what i want: View attachment 3120636. how i target those fibres directly withough engaging the traps or teres muscles?
You won't get 3D delts by training each part. You'll get them by training shoulders consistently for many years. I've been overhead pressing for many years and with that lift alone I developed very big shoulders. I just started doing lateral raises regularly for the first time and because I'm a beginner at that lift, the weight on it went up very quickly, and also because my front delts are very big and very strong so it helps.

You can do face pulls for the rear delts, use a cable machine to progressively overload it, use a rope to do the face pull. Overhead press and lateral raises should be your bread and butter in my opinion. Face pulls can give you a bit more growth, but the rear delt is the smallest part of the shoulder. Front delt is most important, side delt is second, rear delt is last, in terms of how much they can grow.

• +1
Reactions: enriquecel and autistic_tendencies
to target it directly you do one of three movements:
shoulder horizontal abduction, shoulder extension and shoulder external rotation
doing external rotation is stupid
i reccomend doing the former becouse it targets the muscle the most without activating the back as the main muscle
excercises:
1. machine shoulder horizontal adduction
2. cable shoulder horizontal adduction unilateraly
3. lean on bench unilateral reverse flies

• +1
@enriquecel i meant horizontal abduction which means farthening it from the body, you can search that up or feel it, "adduction" was a typo and means the opposite

@enriquecel i meant horizontal abduction which means farthening it from the body, you can search that up or feel it, "adduction" was a typo and means the opposite
i get what you mean saar