whats the most optimistic way to view nihilism

wollet2

wollet2

Kraken
@Harold O'brien

things dont matter but what if you were given a terrible hand by chance. since nothing matters or has a reason it might be that its impossible to improve ur situation. nobody cares but you

Last edited:
what’s tht

i am terrified by how random and without reason everything is

sucidice will set you free?

I remember being introduced to this video when I was 14, Helped me alot

why are you trying to view nihilism through a lens? defeats the entire point (ironic)

Do what u want nigga

why are you trying to view nihilism through a lens? defeats the entire point (ironic)
i mean my brain has its motives and needs and if this life philosophy doesnt align with them, i will get something negative out of it

im just afraid ive been dealt a terrible hand and nothing in existence cares about it. that implies i might be completely helpless, maybe in the worst possible way. its a bad thing for me

i wonder if there are positive ways to look at it that apply to most people

thinking about how temporary happiness is

All of our feelings and attachments are hormone driven.

Nothing matters but you will never be able to truly accept it so just eat good food, get married, have kids and die.

Still though, the chance to experience being a human than any other ignorant animal, to be able to understand so many things about the world, to enjoy art, to have friends and family, to have brief happiness and joy is something special on its own so enjoy the ride.

isnt nihilism like the abandonment of a 'greater' justification for our suffering?

our suffering is still there but for no reason. that means it might never get better if someone is unlucky. and all we care about the most is the reducement of our suffering/feeling better

Nihilism is a way of thinking nothing matters and there are no meanings, it‘s a pessimistic way of thinking. By adapting it you let go of religious or social moral believes. But after that you should grow out of nihilism and use it as a tool to find yourself and your own moral and believes and form/find what is truely good and bad, based on your own personal experience.

- (That is how Nietzsche viewed it)

isnt nihilism like the abandonment of a 'greater' justification for our suffering?

our suffering is still there but for no reason. that means it might never get better if someone is unlucky. and all we care about the most is the reducement of our suffering/feeling better
no, that's not nihilism

recall everything you have ever considered to be true and everything you have ever considered to be false and anything else that doesn't fall under binary logic. then the opposite of all those things is both true and false, and also neither. this is nihilism

my language and hence my world has meant nothing

• +1
Reactions: wollet2
no, that's not nihilism

recall everything you have ever considered to be true and everything you have ever considered to be false and anything else that doesn't fall under binary logic. then the opposite of all those things is both true and false, and also neither. this is nihilism

my language and hence my world has meant nothing
yeah i can grasp something from that but the highlighted seem vague to me.
why not just drop the concept of validity entirely. do you mean that?

isnt this more intuitive?
"denied the existence of genuine moral truths or values, rejected the possibility of knowledge or communication, and asserted the ultimate meaninglessness or purposelessness of life or of the universe."

from that isnt it also implied that our suffering which is a "real" experience phenomenologically has no justification for happening? doesnt that sound negative to you? for all things that matter. unless you consider this a conclusion that you cant reach because it counts as knowledge and we cant gather any knowledge. but i know i am suffering, not that it matters

why am i still suffering? isnt that scary/bad? my suffering is entirely meaningless to you but nihilism makes me suffer even harder.(destroys potential hope, even scares me as to how far does it go)

btw u said
nihilism is good and life affriming you are just depressed
can you elab on it being good and life afirming (makes you feel positive about living?)?

do you consider depression a biological 'disease' and that in the default 'healthy' state a nihilist feels good
can the concept of nihilism cause depression to people while theyre still grasping it the most 'correct' way possible

Last edited: