What's Your Favorite Movie?

tarantino rips off spaghetti westerns and giallos then repackages it with some flashy cinematography and action then people eat it up
Well, Tarantino rips off a lot of directors and genres, jusl like everybody nowdays. But I like the way he write dialogues, when it´s not completly about suspense, what time a slaughter breaks out (like he does in every single movie of his). Jackie Brown is a lovely remender that characters are everthing.
jfl at these meme replies

does anyone here actually watch decent films?
What are your favorites?

Last edited:
Catch me if you can.
I dont know what It is I watched that movie 20 times😍
Also
Inception.
Pulp fiction.
Fight club duh
And Zoolander.Ya knawmsaying

In Bruges

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4430
fight club
the Shawshank redemption
the bourne identity
the machinist
vanilla sky
natural born killers
oldboy

Das Leben der Anderen and Jagten are also very very good.

• +1
Reactions: stuckneworleans
the clockwork orange or reservoir dogs

Pulp fiction hits different tho 😳😳😳

Well, Tarantino rips off a lot of directors and genres, jusl like everybody nowdays. But I like the way he write dialogues, when it´s not completly about suspense, what time a slaughter breaks out (like he does in every single movie of his). Jackie Brown is a lovely remender that characters are everthing.

What are your favorites?

his dialogues are good, yes. the wolf in pulp fiction was awesome as well as every scene with him. but all in all he's just so overrated. kill bill is definitely his best if i had to choose. if it werent for christoph waltz then inglorious basterds would have bombed.

my favorite directors are fellini, tarkovsky, bergman, and truffaut. lately ive been exploring japanese and korean movies and have not been disappointed. some more modern directors i enjoy are sion sono, jacques audiard, pedro almodovar, and paolo sorrentino

• +1
my favorite directors are fellini, tarkovsky, bergman, and truffaut. lately ive been exploring japanese and korean movies and have not been disappointed. some more modern directors i enjoy are sion sono, jacques audiard, pedro almodovar, and paolo sorrentino
I saw only Stalker from Tarkovsky, love it. What would you recommend next? Fuck, I truly admire Fellini and truffaut, but cant handle
Bergman, feels like an anachronism, his movies don´t age very well imho.
Liked jacques audiard and paolo sorrentino as well.

Bee movie
Or Shrek 3

• Love it
Reactions: Time Travel
Lost Highway, There will be blood, Werckmeister harmonies , The Master, Apocalypse now, The Converstation, Third Man, Possession, Le Samourai, Metropolis, Path of glory, Dogville, Down by law, the bicycle thief, Barton Fink, La nuit americane, The battle of algiers, Mon oncle, smoke, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Boogie Nights, Raging bull, Lawrence of Arabia, Amarcord......... many, many more, man.
Do you attest them all to be uncucked? Might go through your list ngl

• +1
I liked Das Boot.

• +1
Reactions: Gazzamogga
I saw only Stalker from Tarkovsky, love it. What would you recommend next? Fuck, I truly admire Fellini and truffaut, but cant handle
Bergman, feels like an anachronism, his movies don´t age very well imho.
Liked jacques audiard and paolo sorrentino as well.

if you liked stalker then you'd probably like solaris. "mirror" is my personal favorite of his but differs quite a lot from stalker and solaris.

• +1

• WTF
Reactions: Ritalincel
I have seen around 90.How old are you?
24. Serious watching started about 15. I see around 150 movies a year and have been reading books on film theory in recent years.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1942
certified cinephiles^^^
I only watch obsucre indie movies like Goodfellas or Taxi Driver