When doing genioplasty, do you have a say about the structure of your future chin?

Lonenely sigma

Lonenely sigma

Future "username-o-plasty" candidate
What I mean by this is, can you tell your surgeon if you want your chin to be more "solid", aka. have less skin or "soft", aka. having more skin?

I"ve seen quite a few good genio results in terms of projection, yet the new chin looks very soft, almost like its just a lot of skin on that place that gives the person projection.

Can you, perhaps, remove a part of the skin and soft tissue from the chin?

0, as always when posting in looksmaxxing area. Using .org for learning about surgerymaxxing, might as well go back to bonesmashing and thumbpulling

Example:

There was a user here, I believe it was @Looksmax25, who underwent genioplasty with Pagnoni. His projection improved, but I wouldn't aim for that result myself.

2109304 side 1

If I turned out to end up with skin in the way he did, could the surgeon do something to make my chin appear more solid, something like the chin in this picture:
Screenshot 20230702 214717 Gallery

• +1
Reactions: T50 Mogger
Example:

There was a user here, I believe it was @Looksmax25, who underwent genioplasty with Pagnoni. His projection improved, but I wouldn't aim for that result myself.

View attachment 2294223

If I turned out to end up with skin in the way he did, could the surgeon do something to make my chin appear more solid, something like the chin in this picture:
View attachment 2294226
you're probably talking about the mentolabial fold. the surgeon can put a graft there to make it less deep.

• +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma
you're probably talking about the mentolabial fold. the surgeon can put a graft there to make it less deep.
I am not, I am talking about the main skin on the chin, right below mentolabial fold.

Is it's shape determined by the amount of excess skin or can the surgeon shape it?

I am not, I am talking about the main skin on the chin, right below mentolabial fold.

Is it's shape determined by the amount of excess skin or can the surgeon shape it?
idk what you're talking about ngl

• JFL
Example:

View attachment 2294223

View attachment 2294226
Differences here could just be a high BF / fat distribution issue

• +1
Reactions: T50 Mogger
I think the appearance of the first guys chin feeling “meatier” is because he has a combination of more submental fat + more facial fat+ deeper mentolabial fold. genio can pull the former two more forward, and reduce the appearance of the former especially. But With a deeper mentolabial fold the fat has more room to “sit” on the projected portion of the chin. His genio is also imo a few mm too much if i had to wager a structural reason, maybe contributing to the effect is that the chin seems slighly “counterclockwise rotated” if that makes sense

That is my guess, and avoiding a genio like that will probably depend on your individual distribution of those three factors and finding a genio surgeon who can best Predict how your fat will move around

• +1
I think the appearance of the first guys chin feeling “meatier” is because he has a combination of more submental fat + more facial fat+ deeper mentolabial fold. genio can pull the former two more forward, and reduce the appearance of the former especially. But With a deeper mentolabial fold the fat has more room to “sit” on the projected portion of the chin. His genio is also imo a few mm too much if i had to wager a structural reason, maybe contributing to the effect is that the chin seems slighly “counterclockwise rotated” if that makes sense

That is my guess, and avoiding a genio like that will probably depend on your individual distribution of those three factors and finding a genio surgeon who can best Predict how your fat will move around
Thanks for detailed response. Imo his genio is slightly off, but if you looked at him on the street, 99% of normies wouldn't catch a thing.

Thanks for detailed response. Imo his genio is slightly off, but if you looked at him on the street, 99% of normies wouldn't catch a thing.
Yeah it still looks good for him, but if say he wanted to avoid that meatier look my suspicion would be he would need slightly less projection and slightly less wider

• +1
Yeah it still looks good for him, but if say he wanted to avoid that meatier look my suspicion would be he would need slightly less projection and slightly less wider
I would aim at adding some vertical projection as well as anterior one, and as we know vertical genio makes your chin pointier.

With that in mind I think I am likely not to end up with a meaty or too wide of a chin. Still worth learning about it tho

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18582