When to start using tretinoin

Splinter901

Splinter901

救急醫療室
I want to get into skinmaxxing and antiaging, I'm 23, j should I start this now? some say it makes your skin thinner whereas others say it makes it thicker, some say don't use it before 30.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8771
It's just a myth you need to be a certain age to use tretinoin. It's flat out the best antiaging tool that exists besides avoiding excess sunlight without a sunscreen. If I knew it existed in my early 20s I would have started using it then and avoided a lot of unnecessary skin unevenness.

You can and should use tret at age 23. It wont even interfere with your social life if you only apply it at night, the photosensitivity will not be an issue after you wake up.

Tretinoin is also hands down the best tool against acne, that's why it's prescribed to people even younger than 19 who get constant acne breakouts. It also has little to no side effects compared to oral accutane which can severely dry out the skin.

Tret

A tube of tret is $10 at most, getting this kind of a surgical change would cost thousands of dollars. It greatly improves skin firmness and collagen formation. There's no reason not to use tret.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: boss8055, zeshama, Preoximerianas and 8 others
There's no reason not to use tret.
If you really want improved Collagen and use a lot of it then you get a faggoty skin texture.

If you really want improved Collagen and use a lot of it then you get a faggoty skin texture.
Yes, I know what you mean. The "gay" skin that people talk about on PSL forums. That's why 0,1% tret is not for everyone and 0,025% or 0,050% is better.

Tret2

(Though even if it looks uncanny and too smooth for a male, young women prefer it, who cares if 40+ year old men call you gay)

Another problem; Very few GL guys post their before afters of tretinoin on the internet so the results you find are mostly of ugly people struggling severely with acne or gay people who are very into skincare.

It is almost a 100% given that most male models who have a masculine face structure but good skin used tretinoin and still use it to this day. They just don't talk about it nor do you see their 'before' pics.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, Frankiks2, Preoximerianas and 3 others
a

Last edited:
  • Hmm...
Reactions: igbekele007
It's just a myth you need to be a certain age to use tretinoin. It's flat out the best antiaging tool that exists besides avoiding excess sunlight without a sunscreen. If I knew it existed in my early 20s I would have started using it then and avoided a lot of unnecessary skin unevenness.

You can and should use tret at age 23. It wont even interfere with your social life if you only apply it at night, the photosensitivity will not be an issue after you wake up.

Tretinoin is also hands down the best tool against acne, that's why it's prescribed to people even younger than 19 who get constant acne breakouts. It also has little to no side effects compared to oral accutane which can severely dry out the skin.

View attachment 1942692

A tube of tret is $10 at most, getting this kind of a surgical change would cost thousands of dollars. It greatly improves skin firmness and collagen formation. There's no reason not to use tret.
I have a question regarding sunscreen, do I use it once every 2 hours given that I apply retin-a at night? Even if I only hang out at home or work in a place with lights but not SUN?

I'd appreciate if you can answer these questions bro.

I have a question regarding sunscreen, do I use it once every 2 hours given that I apply retin-a at night? Even if I only hang out at home or work in a place with lights but not SUN?

I'd appreciate if you can answer these questions bro.
If you are out in the sun all day then yes. If you're only periodically in the sun, then no. Sunscreen does not degrade in 2 hours; It degrades in 2 hours of sun exposure. If you are just going to be in sunlight occassionally during the day, all you need is one application in the morning.

Most people do not spend 2 hours straight in the sun unless they are manual laborers or are tanning at the beach.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, zeshama, Deleted member 8771 and 2 others
If you are out in the sun all day then yes. If you're only periodically in the sun, then no. Sunscreen does not degrade in 2 hours; It degrades in 2 hours of sun exposure. If you are just going to be in sunlight occassionally during the day, all you need is one application in the morning.

Most people do not spend 2 hours straight in the sun unless they are manual laborers or are tanning at the beach.
Do I need apply even if I go out at night? Or in the winter?

Yes, I know what you mean. The "gay" skin that people talk about on PSL forums. That's why 0,1% tret is not for everyone and 0,025% or 0,050% is better.

View attachment 1942701
(Though even if it looks uncanny and too smooth for a male, young women prefer it, who cares if 40+ year old men call you gay)

Another problem; Very few GL guys post their before afters of tretinoin on the internet so the results you find are mostly of ugly people struggling severely with acne or gay people who are very into skincare.

It is almost a 100% given that most male models who have a masculine face structure but good skin used tretinoin and still use it to this day. They just don't talk about it nor do you see their 'before' pics.

which do you recommend I get, 0.1, 0.05, 0.025, 0.020, 0.010 ? I'm thinking of getting 0.1, is that the one that gives the most effects?

which do you recommend I get, 0.1, 0.05, 0.025, 0.020, 0.010 ? I'm thinking of getting 0.1, is that the one that gives the most effects?
Dermatologists only describe concentration greater than 0.05 for acne. Anti-aging / collagenmaxxing will be fine at 0.025 or 0.05 just find what concentration you can use the most consistently with the least irritation (make sure to start slow).

• +1
Reactions: Splinter901

View attachment 1942692

Your opinion: Tret around the eye area, yes or no?

View attachment 1942692

should I start now? I'm 16 currently.

Careful with tret around the eye it can ruin your sight and life

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17920 and Splinter901
Dermatologists only describe concentration greater than 0.05 for acne. Anti-aging / collagenmaxxing will be fine at 0.025 or 0.05 just find what concentration you can use the most consistently with the least irritation (make sure to start slow).

I'll get 0.05 then

View attachment 1942692

Is it ok to use 0.1%?

Your opinion: Tret around the eye area, yes or no?
i do it.
uplside: better collagen, less wrinkle.
downside: shrinks fat projection there, more rish of dark crcles appearing due to hollowness shaddow reflection.

the instructions manual says: to not apply around eyes erea