Which Aromatase Inhibitor is best for heightmaxxing

barnmatrix

barnmatrix

Bronze
Hi all.

Ive seen a lot of people on here discussing the use of various aromatase inhibitors to reduce estrodiol ( and other types of estrogen ) in the body and keep growth plates open allowing for an additional window of growth. It seems as though the most commonly utilized AI for heightmaxing on here is aromasin. Of course there are concerns which must be accepted when one makes the decision to block their estrogen for height, and some of these concerns include lack of brain development or function and increased risk of bone fracture.

These concerns can be highlighted in studies looking at the long term effects of AIs prescribed to women with breast cancer. We see things such as a 2.5% increased risk of long term bone fracture. Some studies even mention declines in verbal memory and attention as a result of AI use.

I did some research to try and see what the safest AI is for heightmaxing. AIs are actually prescribed to some boys with idiopathic short stature so that they can grow taller, and the most studies AI for this cause is Arimidex aka Anastrozole. Letrozole is also often used but we will disregard it because it has the strongest effects on estrogen suppression and the goal of this research is to find the safest AI. So based on what is medically prescribed, Arimidex seems to be the clear winner. There is only one study mentioning the use of Aromasin for height. Whether or not the selection of AIs in this context had to do with actual medical benefits to using one AI over another or just political motivation from the three different pharma companies that manufacture these three AIs is not clear. However the selection of Arimidex over Aromasin for children with ISS would indicate that Arimidex is a better choice.

To draw a more definite conclusion, lets examine the actual structure of these two AIs. Presumably due to political reasons between rival drug companies there is a lack of studies comparing any one AI with another. We can use context and logic to draw conclusions here.

There is some evidence that Arimidex reduces certain androgens such as DHEA, which is necessary for cognitive development, this should be taken into account however note that these studies were done in women, and in this case the men using Arimidex will likely have more appropriate levels of DHEA with or without the aromasin.

Aromasin is a suicidal and steroidal AI, which means it is structurally similar to hormones. This enables it to bind to the aromatase enzyme ( the enzyme that converts testosterone to estrogen) and permanently deactivate it. While the body does produce more aromatase eventually, this suggests a stronger and more long lasting impact on estrogen in the body, especially if taken during puberty, when the body is learning how to maintain homeostasis with hormones.

Arimidex is a non steroidal/suicidal AI, it reversibly binds to the enzyme aromatase and changes it such that it cannot convert androgens to estrogens, this process is temporary and totally reversible.

Based on the nature of the two drugs, logic does suggest that Arimidex would be the safer choice, if you disregard the difference in androgenic effects of the two. I was not able to find any evidence that either of them target tissues differently. If you take into account the difference in androgenic effects, it becomes slightly less clear, but these studies looked at the use of AIs on women, who of course have much less androgens than men and therefor may see a greater effect from the androgenic / anti androgenic properties of various AIs. There is some evidence that because Aromasin better promotes androgens, it may be better overall for bone health. These AIs are being used in conjunction with peptides, growth hormone, and or growth hormone secretagogues, so lack of bone health due to differences in androgenic activity should not be a major concern, and these differences in androgenic activity will be less substantial when used in healthy males.

While the research is conflicting, I do feel as though overall Arimidex would probably be the better choice.

Feel free to add on to this with anything else. Will be responding to comments.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/14671195/ ( use of aromasin for ISS)

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18165285/ ( use of arimidex for ISS )

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6382974/ (effects of AIs on primate)

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15019802/ ( role of DHEA in cognition )

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17989318/ ( Aromasin promotes androgenic activity better than other AIs )

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: 147, jagmogs1000, lightskinbengali and 4 others
are you actually tyler durden?

• Hmm...
Reactions: dannydipss
good thread

• +1
Reactions: barnmatrix and Napoleon1800
Aromasin mogs

• JFL
Reactions: dannydipss
maybe if you tag the hormone expert dr.nickga he can give you some advice but you did not tag him so be prepared to get advice from stupic greycelss stupid ngga

• +1
Reactions: Napoleon1800 and Osie
Aromasin is better because there's no risk of rebound.

• +1
Reactions: Napoleon1800
  • +1
Well, rebound doesn't really exist for naturals but Aromasin is another good choice
what natural ai do you recommend?

• +1
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥the nigha smart as fuck switching to arimidex

@Osie estrogne rebound is fake ???!!! Where if your evidence 💯💯😭💀🔨

• +1
  • +1
@Osie estrogne rebound is fake ???!!! Where if your evidence 💯💯😭💀🔨
Wdym, I have already commented in multiple threads about this.

I don't feel like sending you every study that involves aromatase inhibitors. But let's think for a second.
Screenshot 168

If studies show that after 6 days of stopping treatment, levels stay lowered and in every AI study, levels returned to baseline once usage had stopped. It doesn't seem like the aromatase accumulates, or that isn't how the function of letrozole or Arimidex works.

And the reason why bodybuilders think they experience "estrogen rebound" is because of the gyno they get during post-cycle therapy after stopping both AI's and roids. But think about this, if your test levels are lower during post-cycle therapy, and the test is the precursor (deciding factor) to the amount of aromatase you can produce, how will your e2 levels be unchronically high?

Even if you have a high conversion rate of T to E2, it's still decided by how much T you produce, and that T will now be suppressed during PCT! So it's clear now that your E2 isn't increased and your free T drops naturally since you are now off roids!

What causes the "high-e2 like" side effects is the imbalance of your e2 and T ratio. If you have suppressed T levels but still relatively normal e2 levels due to E2 being generated from different sources than testosterone, you can easily feel like you have high e2 and develop gyno and such.

• +1
Reactions: schizo echochamber and Napoleon1800
Hmm but isn't aromasin easier on your lipids and joints?

Also how much is the risk of hair loss on aromasin?

send any articles you have abt aromasin being easier on lipids, im curious.

• +1

Hair loss risk is increased on Asin compared to adex since it more strongly increases your DHT levels, as it's an steroidal drug with higher androgenic activity.

Aromasin can be possibly easier on lipids and joints, but due to lower E2 suppression.

• +1
Aromasin is better because there's no risk of rebound.
how is rebound even a problem, assuming its real when would you ever experience a rebound unless stopping it due to completing your heightmaxing journey.

• +1
how is rebound even a problem, assuming its real when would you ever experience a rebound unless stopping it due to completing your heightmaxing journey.
Niggas are worried their parents will discover their adex pills

Hair loss risk is increased on Asin compared to adex since it more strongly increases your DHT levels, as it's an steroidal drug with higher androgenic activity.

Aromasin can be possibly easier on lipids and joints, but due to lower E2 suppression.
so ultimately no AI is necessarily easier on lipids and joints, its really just about what your e2 levels are at?

• +1

Is the hair loss reversible/preventable?

So larger doses of asin would be similar to adex?

Increased androgenic activity would be nice especially when still growing, I wonder if it has any effect on increased penile size

• +1
Reactions: barnmatrix

Increased androgenic activity would be nice especially when still growing, I wonder if it has any effect on increased penile size
increased dht is associated with larger penis size, but from what osie says i think hes essentially saying no one AI is inherently better on lipids and its ultimately up to the dose and what your e2 levels are. If your heightmaxing, lets say you want your e2 at 10 pg/ml, its not gonna make any difference whether you take 1mg of adex or 25mg of asin to get there, ultimately your lipid health will just be determined by what your e2 levels are.

• +1

but yeah the androgenic effects do seem like a nice bonus from asin

• +1
so ultimately no AI is necessarily easier on lipids and joints, its really just about what your e2 levels are at?
Well, not really. Aromasin and Arimidex operate differently leading to different effects. For example, Aromasin can be possibly worse for you on your joints and lipids if you just happen to strongly respond to it's androgenic profile and cause super high levels of DHT, which can cause joint stiffness and worsen quality. Or, for Adex, due to it's higher levels of E2 suppression, it can be very hard on your lipids as well, as low e2 effects lipids and joint quality as well.

It's on a case-by-case basis. While it's more likely that Adex can be worse on joints and lipids than Aromasin due to higher e2 suppression, it also doesn't mean that Aromasin can't be worse as well.

• +1
Reactions: schizo echochamber, Giooo and Napoleon1800
but yeah the androgenic effects do seem like a nice bonus from asin
Only issue is the risk of hairloss tbh, other than that I'd choose asin,

Though I've heard it's often reversible

Also I believe I heard this from enchanted exilir but aromasin's effects aren't permanent. They will just take longer to go away, as the enzymes that produce estrogen will start slowly being produced again

increased dht is associated with larger penis size, but from what osie says i think hes essentially saying no one AI is inherently better on lipids and its ultimately up to the dose and what your e2 levels are. If your heightmaxing, lets say you want your e2 at 10 pg/ml, its not gonna make any difference whether you take 1mg of adex or 25mg of asin to get there, ultimately your lipid health will just be determined by what your e2 levels are.
Well, this is mostly what I think, but it's always on a case-by-case basis. I can't simply credit it all to e2 levels, as Aromasin can cause unique side effects due to its high androgenic activity.

• +1
Well, not really. Aromasin and Arimidex operate differently leading to different effects. For example, Aromasin can be possibly worse for you on your joints and lipids if you just happen to strongly respond to it's androgenic profile and cause super high levels of DHT, which can cause joint stiffness and worsen quality. Or, for Adex, due to it's higher levels of E2 suppression, it can be very hard on your lipids as well, as low e2 effects lipids and joint quality as well.

It's on a case-by-case basis. While it's more likely that Adex can be worse on joints and lipids than Aromasin due to higher e2 suppression, it also doesn't mean that Aromasin can't be worse as well.
So ideally would one try both to see which he responds to better?

interesting to know, do you personally advocate for adex or aromasin in general cases.

• +1
Well, this is mostly what I think, but it's always on a case-by-case basis. I can't simply credit it all to e2 levels, as Aromasin can cause unique side effects due to its high androgenic activity.
How high is dht increase on asin?

Which one do you advocate more for overall, adex or asin? And why?

How high is dht increase on asin?
another thing to note is that there is a bit of evidence pointing towards arimidex suppressing certain androgens such as DHEA, which in tern leads to worse bone and lipid health. I listed the studies above in my original post.

• +1
Reactions: Osie and Napoleon1800

All AI hair loss is reversible to some extent, as the hair loss you experience from AI is normally telogen effluvium (this is what girls with breast cancer mostly experience), which basically just means hair loss due to a massive hormonal shift, but there isn't any set time period for your hair to recover. The only problem with Aromasin in terms of this as once again due to it's high androgenic profile, that hair loss can turn into androgenic alopecia possibly if prolonged for too long, but I have yet to see a specific case so I won't say it's guaranteed or something to worry about.

• +1
Reactions: TakaTeo and Napoleon1800
another thing to note is that there is a bit of evidence pointing towards arimidex suppressing certain androgens such as DHEA, which in tern leads to worse bone and lipid health. I listed the studies above in my original post.
I remember I was talking to a guy who was a strong advocator adex. He had taken 1mg a day from 16 to 17 and had grown from 181cm to 190cm. He said that aromasin would permanently ruin your estrogen production, and that adex is far more effective, though I don't think his statements were that accurate. Nevertheless he did see results

All AI hair loss is reversible to some extent, as the hair loss you experience from AI is normally telogen effluvium (this is what girls with breast cancer mostly experience), which basically just means hair loss due to a massive hormonal shift, but there isn't any set time period for your hair to recover. The only problem with Aromasin in terms of this as once again due to it's high androgenic profile, that hair loss can turn into androgenic alopecia possibly if prolonged for too long, but I have yet to see a specific case so I won't say it's guaranteed or something to worry about.
If I experience hairloss on aromasin would it be plausible to switch to arimidex?

If I experience hairloss on aromasin would it be plausible to switch to arimidex?
yes, you could also deploy topical finasteride and minoxidil

• +1
Reactions: Osie and Napoleon1800
Which one do you advocate more for overall, adex or asin? And why?
Well, it dosen't matter which one you pick. As long as your e2 levels are within range (15pg/ml and below for my liking preferably) and you can live a relatively healthy life with decent bloodwork markers then pick whatever you like (even letrozole can work if applied safely and with blood work). I only say to use Arimidex if you naturally have really high E2 levels (baseline levels) or a high aromatizer as Aromasin at 25mg ED only inhibits e2 by 38% while Adex is 50% (at standard dosing).

• +1
Reactions: barnmatrix and Napoleon1800
Well, it dosen't matter which one you pick. As long as your e2 levels are within range (15pg/ml and below for my liking preferably) and you can live a relatively healthy life with decent bloodwork markers then pick whatever you like (even letrozole can work if applied safely and with blood work). I only say to use Arimidex if you naturally have really high E2 levels (baseline levels) or a high aromatizer as Aromasin at 25mg ED only inhibits e2 by 38% while Adex is 50% (at standard dosing).
What's standard dosing for adex, 1mg a day?

If I don't have naturally very high e2 levels would aromasin be fine to use?

yeah i have to agree with you on the 15 pg/ml or lower. I do think arimidex might be a slightly better choice tho if you properly adjust the dosing to your liking just because of its non suicidal nature, probably lighter on the body long term.

• +1
Reactions: Osie
Well, my client is currently doing that. He had experienced really elevated DHT levels from 12.5MG of Aromasin E3D/EOD so he got off and now will be hopping on Adex.

But like @barnmatrix said, just take the proper precautions to not even have to worry about these types of things and you'll be fine!

• +1
If I don't have naturally very high e2 levels would aromasin be fine to use?
he said it doesnt matter which one lmao. its personal preference.

• +1
Well, my client is currently doing that. He had experienced really elevated DHT levels from 12.5MG of Aromasin E3D/EOD so he got off and now will be hopping on Adex.

But like @barnmatrix said, just take the proper precautions to not even have to worry about these types of things and you'll be fine!
yeah good take by Osie. The DHT could be favorable or unwanted depending on your genetics and situation.

• +1