WHICH HURRICANE NAMES OF 2023 DO YOU THINK ARE GETTING RETIRED AT THE WMO RA IV MEETING ON MARCH 18TH, 2024?

WHICH HURRICANE NAMES OF 2023 DO YOU THINK ARE GETTING RETIRED?

• Total voters
Xangsane

Xangsane

jova
For Atlantic hurricanes, there is a list of names for each of six years. In other words, one list is repeated every sixth year. The only time that there is a change is if a storm is so deadly or costly that the future use of its name on a different storm would be inappropriate for obvious reasons of sensitivity. If that occurs, then at an annual meeting by the committee (called primarily to discuss many other issues) the offending name is stricken from the list and another name is selected to replace it.

Names already retired

Atlantic (2023)

Pacific (2023)

NOTE: OTIS AND FRANKLIN HAVE 1 NOMINATION TO BE RETIRED, EACH (MEXICO AND DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, RESPECTIVELY)

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: NorwoodAscender, lunin7, elcrusader and 2 others
@heightmaxxing @Sushifart @High Cortisol Chad

@wakeupbacktoit pat me

@NorwoodAscender

@tragic why idalia

Please, no joke votes (Jova)

bro what's your fixation on Hurricanes....

• WTF
Reactions: Xangsane
For Atlantic hurricanes, there is a list of names for each of six years. In other words, one list is repeated every sixth year. The only time that there is a change is if a storm is so deadly or costly that the future use of its name on a different storm would be inappropriate for obvious reasons of sensitivity. If that occurs, then at an annual meeting by the committee (called primarily to discuss many other issues) the offending name is stricken from the list and another name is selected to replace it.

Names already retired
View attachment 2802407

Atlantic (2023)
View attachment 2802409

Pacific (2023)
View attachment 2802408

NOTE: OTIS AND FRANKLIN HAVE 1 NOMINATION TO BE RETIRED, EACH (MEXICO AND DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, RESPECTIVELY)
blud really made a huricussy thread without tagging me

• So Sad
Nigga you gotta look at their stats in the op. The ones who damagemog often get retired
But I don’t speak huricussy language nigga

• So Sad
Nigga you gotta look at their stats in the op. The ones who damagemog often get retired
@socialce at the moment Franklin and Otis have one nomination each

• Woah
Reactions: socialcel
Mirin your hurricane knowledge

• Love it
Thanks bhai! Thoughts?
Do you mean my thoughts on the post or on your knowledge on hurricanes? I voted for Franklin cuz it sounds alpha and no one else voted for it

• +1
Why? BECAUSE.

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: socialcel
It's actually cool that you are interested in hurricanes and know about them.
I don't know how you got interested in hurricanes, but your posts are now starting to make me interested.

You have to vote based on damage stats jfl. Why does Franklin sound alpha?
Franklin did 90m in damages ans has 1 nomination to be retired. Also Franklin sounds like a mafia boss.
I looked at Otis and woah the damage. I have to vote for that. Jfl at me for not taking a better look.

• +1
It's actually cool that you are interested in hurricanes and know about them.
Thank you. The first storm I tracked was Gustav in 2008 jfl. It’s a fun hobby
I don't know how you got interested in hurricanes,
Saw Gustav on the news (not Arvid) and just started to track storms like that jfl. And the names associated with them
And making bingos each season
but your posts are now starting to make me interested.
What about my posts that’s interesting you?
Franklin did 90m in damages ans has 1 nomination to be retired.
Thoughts on Idalia damages?
Also Franklin sounds like a mafia boss.
Why does he?
I looked at Otis and woah the damage. I have to vote for that. Jfl at me for not taking a better look.
Yeah he has been nominated by Mexico to get retired

Idk, its more that your posts make me interested in hurricanes.

Its alot compared to others with barely any.

Probably some old stereotype
Caging at all the moggers having boys’ names
Class MH are the biggest moggers
IMG 7907

• Love it
Reactions: elcrusader
I love natural disasters. Hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunamis, earthquakes. The destruction and death that they cause is natural. I remember looking at natural disasters on tv as a child and I was so interested. I don't know why really.
You should check out 2017 they mogged hard
Harvey caused a lot of damage

• +1
I love natural disasters. Hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunamis, earthquakes. The destruction and death that they cause is natural. I remember looking at natural disasters on tv as a child and I was so interested. I don't know why really.
I remember asking mummy who is Katrina. What’s your favourite natural disaster?
Harvey caused a lot of damage
Who mogs, Harvey, Irma, or Maria?

Idk, its more that your posts make me interested in hurricanes.

Its alot compared to others with barely any.

Probably some old stereotype
Jfl at this name

• +1
Hurricanes have names. That’s why I like tracking hurricanes.
Makes sense. I can't see other natural disasters having names. Like imagine earthquakes having names

• +1
Makes sense. I can't see other natural disasters having names. Like imagine earthquakes having names
And tbh personifying them mogs

• +1

Names already retired
View attachment 2802407

Atlantic (2023)
View attachment 2802409

Pacific (2023)
View attachment 2802408

@elcrusader we find out on the meeting this week. I think Wednesday however is when the names get released

I remember Irma being replaced by Idalia and my honest reaction was WTF is an Idalia JFL at me

• +1
@elcrusader we find out on the meeting this week. I think Wednesday however is when the names get released

I remember Irma being replaced by Idalia and my honest reaction was WTF is an Idalia JFL at me
Where will the names be released in?

• +1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back