Which implants needed for which Le Forte.

needsurgeryasap

needsurgeryasap

Bronze

^^ Le Forte I: Diagrams show how implant augmentation of the lower midface (pyriform aperture) can simulate the visual appearance of Le Fort I osteotomy and advancement without altering dental occlusion. (Left) Illustration of lower midface concavity with class III malocclusion corrected by Le Fort I osteotomy with advancement. (Right) Lower midface implants provide the visual effect of Le Fort I osteotomy and advancement but do not alter occlusion.

^^ Le Forte III: Diagrams showing how multiple implant augmentation of the upper and lower midface skeleton can simulate the visual appearance of Le Fort III osteotomy and advancement without altering dental occlusion. {Left) Illustration of midface concavity and class III malocclusion corrected by Le Fort III osteotomy with advancement. (Right) Multiple midface implants provide the visual effect of Le Fort III osteotomy and advancement but do not alter occlusion.

Mandible augmentation^^ Diagrams showing how implant augmentation of the mandible can simulate the visual appearance of sagittal and horizontal osteotomies of the mandible without altering dental occlusion. (Left) Mandibular deficiency with class II occlusion corrected by sagittal and horizontal osteotomies of the mandible. Note that the occlusion has been corrected from class II to class I. (Right) In the patient with mandibular deficiency and class I occlusion, the visual effect of sagittal and horizontal osteotomies with advancement has been simulated with mandible and chin implants. Note that the class I occlusion is unchanged. Notice also that the border regularities inherent in skeletal osteotomies are avoided when implants are used.

http://www.dryaremchuk.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/allow5.jpg
Source: https://www.dryaremchuk.com/testimonials

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262, Mastermind and SOS-Sonic
Implants are for the midface. You simply don't put them on a recessed mandible, you push it forward with a BSSO.

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262 and oatmeal
The idea of implants to simulate a lefort osteotomy is just misinformaion spread out by surgeons like Epply who are specialized in implants and facial prosthetics

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262, baruch, Mastermind and 2 others
Implants are for the midface. You simply don't put them on a recessed mandible, you push it forward with a BSSO.
best implant post-bimax?

yeah depends on the situation obviously

• +1
Reactions: Mastermind
The idea of implants to simulate a lefort osteotomy is just misinformaion spread out by surgeons like Epply who are specialized in implants and facial prosthetics
lifefuel avi

Any alternatives then? Since none of us can get le fort