Which is better Surgically assisted MSE + FM or SARPE?

D

Deleted member 20631

Deleting soon, goodbye forever
Is it true that MSE can create/worsen asymmetry in the face, I want to get IMDO done a year from now and I don't want to fuck my face up before that.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
SARPE can also do the same for asymetry.

ALL DISTRACTION OSTEOGENESIS OR SLOW EXPANSION PROCEDURES HAVE A VERY HIGH CHANCE OR CREATING OR WORSENING ASYMETRY. THEY ARE NOT OPTIMAL FOR AESTHETICS UNLESS YOU ARE PLANNING OR ARE OPEN TO DO ANOTHER SURGERY TO FIX THE ASYMETRY.

• +1
Is it true that MSE can create/worsen asymmetry in the face, I want to get IMDO done a year from now and I don't want to fuck my face up before that.
mse can totally cause asymmetries in your face

do you have actual breathing problems or is it just for looks purposes?

ALL DISTRACTION OSTEOGENESIS OR SLOW EXPANSION PROCEDURES HAVE A VERY HIGH CHANCE OR CREATING OR WORSENING ASYMETRY. THEY ARE NOT OPTIMAL FOR AESTHETICS UNLESS YOU ARE PLANNING OR ARE OPEN TO DO ANOTHER SURGERY TO FIX THE ASYMETRY.
sarpe is worthless for looks, since they cut the cheekbones off the palate before expansion

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, Mr.Proper and mvp2v1
can it worsen asym yes. will it? not ness... hard to predict. imo if you are young or have bone structure thats young and you dont care too much about FM, try bioblock and other tooth-born expanders. MSE does not mimic natural palette expansion its a weird hardcore thing. at leased form my research this is what it seems like.

• +1
Reactions: Mr.Proper

why do the asymmetries come about in the first place?

EASE has probably the lowest chance of assymmetry but it's kind of obscure procedure. Haven't read about combining it with face masks though. They also use a different type of expanders which doesn't look like MSE one.
Quoting the old thread about MSE study: "
Base info - Average age was 17.2, average amount of expansion was 6.8 mm.
Average increase in cheekbone width - 4.6 mm".

• +1
why do the asymmetries come about in the first place?
Maybe one side of the maxillary suture fuses faster then the other so the force is applied better to the weaker side.
mse can totally cause asymmetries in your face

do you have actual breathing problems or is it just for looks purposes?
Breathing problems aren't drastic but being able to breath better from my nose would be a positive, it's mostly for looks purposes though.

• +1
Should I even get MSE then? Or should I just get IMDO outright?

Maybe one side of the maxillary suture fuses faster then the other so the force is applied better to the weaker side.

Breathing problems aren't drastic but being able to breath better from my nose would be a positive, it's mostly for looks purposes though.
what do you mean fuses? I don't know the science of sutures of the skull, but I do know that they stay open until 70 or 80 years old. One explanation I hear is that one side of the face may have a lower maxilla this would be due to some asymmetry like muscle imbalance which has affected tongue force over time, and in some cases asymmetrical closure of the cranial sutures.

what do you mean fuses? I don't know the science of sutures of the skull, but I do know that they stay open until 70 or 80 years old. One explanation I hear is that one side of the face may have a lower maxilla this would be due to some asymmetry like muscle imbalance which has affected tongue force over time, and in some cases asymmetrical closure of the cranial sutures.
I meant in the case of surgically assisted MSE where the bone heals faster on one side, I don't really know but muscle imbalance and the maxilla being asymmetrical before the MSE probably contributes to it.

• +1