Which is more accurate, the mirror or inverted selfie?

D

Deleted member 21898

I'm sorry
Many people say that if you take a selfie then invert it it's supposed to show how you really look like to others. I look 10x worse in an inverted selfie, I notice jaw and eye asymmetry in an inverted selfie of myself but on the other hand when I look in the mirror I don't see these asymmetries at all and my face looks normal again. So are our faces horrendously asymmetrical and we just don't realize it? or should lense distortion be accounted for when trying to assess our looks through these inverted selfies? I mean the inverted selfie basically shows you what others see, an inverted version of yourself, but it's lens distorted, meanwhile the mirror doesn't have distortion but it shows you a mirrored version of yourself, and not the inverted version that others see. So which of these two is more accurate?

I feel I like better in the mirror but the lighting also helps opposed to being in nautral lighting. If I had to guess selfie is more accurate if you're outside and around arms length

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21898
u look like the mirror i asked my friends to tell me and we all looked like our mirror version

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: adotsdot, Deleted member 21044 and Deleted member 21898
selfie is not accurate try using video

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21044 and Deleted member 21898
Many people say that if you take a selfie then invert it it's supposed to show how you really look like to others. I look 10x worse in an inverted selfie, I notice jaw and eye asymmetry in an inverted selfie of myself but on the other hand when I look in the mirror I don't see these asymmetries at all and my face looks normal again. So are our faces horrendously asymmetrical and we just don't realize it? or should lense distortion be accounted for when trying to assess our looks through these inverted selfies? I mean the inverted selfie basically shows you what others see, an inverted version of yourself, but it's lens distorted, meanwhile the mirror doesn't have distortion but it shows you a mirrored version of yourself, and not the inverted version that others see. So which of these two is more accurate?
Human brain lies to you. Since you're used to your reflection in the mirror, your brain actually slightly hides your failos (anti-roping mechanism).

• +1
Reactions: Slob and Deleted member 21898
inverted selfie without self distortion. when you look in the mirror you will either underrate yourself if you're good looking or overrate yourself if you're ugly because you're very used to your face

Look at your friends in the mirror then in real life. No difference if any at all.

Candid video of yourself from all angles, ideally while you're talking and interacting with other people.
It's the most brutal reality pill in existence.
When I saw a video of myself I almost cried, I was legitimately shocked because it looked nothing like my selfies and what I see in the mirror. It completely destroyed my confidence and I finally realized I look bad. I just can't believe how bizarre and babyfaced I look at 27, I've never seen anything like it.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: GetShrekt