Which martial art?

IRL_Reject

IRL_Reject

Zephir
Obviously every man needs to be able to fight so that he can kill other men who irritate him/look at him the wrong way.

I’m leaning towards a sambo/judo place near me.
Jiu jitsu seems gay as fuck, boxing seems needlessly limited, and muay thai could be cool but judo/sambo sounds more fun?

thots? I have a wrestling background

• JFL
Reactions: seethe
Obviously every man needs to be able to fight so that he can kill other men who irritate him/look at him the wrong way.

I’m leaning towards a sambo/judo place near me.
Jiu jitsu seems gay as fuck, boxing seems needlessly limited, and muay thai could be cool but judo/sambo sounds more fun?

thots? I have a wrestling background
what type of sambo? Combat sambo is basically mma with a gi, sport sambo is similar to judo. Bjj is good when paired with wrestling, MT is the most complete striking art

• +1
Reactions: SlavicGeneral and dna_cel
what type of sambo? Combat sambo is basically mma with a gi, sport sambo is similar to judo. Bjj is good when paired with wrestling, MT is the most complete striking art
I’m assuming sport since they have international competitors there it says. Could also do bjj and wrestling, but a concern I have with wrestling is the emphasis on taking shots that american wrestlers have. I felt like judo would be a better option for self defense given the emphasis on throws and trips. Muay thai also seemed cool. I am near a big city so variety is no problem, and there are many places that would offer everything for the same fee.

I’m assuming sport since they have international competitors there it says. Could also do bjj and wrestling, but a concern I have with wrestling is the emphasis on taking shots that american wrestlers have. I felt like judo would be a better option for self defense given the emphasis on throws and trips. Muay thai also seemed cool. I am near a big city so variety is no problem, and there are many places that would offer everything for the same fee.
in the streets judo >> wrestling, mt > >any other forms of striking ( could be biased here I’m a long time practitioner)

• +1
Reactions: IRL_Reject
muay thai and some kind of grappling or wrestling imo

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: canthal
Judo + Muay thai seems to be a winner for self defense
muh self defense real men pick fights, I love slappping around drunk fags while being almost sober outside of clubs

• +1
muh self defense real men pick fights, I love slappping around drunk fags while being almost sober outside of clubs
nothing wrong with that
i didn't mean to imply that i will not pick fights, i just mean more street scenarios

Users who are viewing this thread

Back