Which mirror is closest to reality? (Please don't tell me that the mirror shows the opposite, I know.)

Perfectumbrain

Perfectumbrain

Banned
I have about 5 types of mirrors in my house. 1-White bathroom light 2-Yellow bathroom light. 3-Small hand mirror. 4-Large cabinet mirror. 5-Make-up mirror. Now to get to the point. In the white bathroom light, I am sometimes very handsome and sometimes ugly. My handsomeness in the white bathroom light is the same in the yellow mirror. But in the white cabinet mirror, I am sometimes extreme, sometimes extremely untype, but I always look good in the vanity mirror. Even if the closet mirror looks bad, the makeup mirror looks very good. But the small hand mirror always makes it look extremely ugly. (1/10) Which is my most realistic skin?

• +1
Reactions: bwrauycnee
the widest one

the one with overhead lighting

Why would you explain that?

i look good in any mirror

Take a selfie of you, that's what you truly look like.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: A23ghskung, Deleted member 14139 and spark
A true mirror, or 2 mirrors at right angles. The image in the middle will be exactly how other people see you.

Main qimg f572da952d2b64ddc5591a90b14e6527 c

48 mirror on pedestal2 aa4f3f30 2bb8 4813 9423 7ebc1ae1abd8 1024x10242x

• +1
Reactions: fernandobrocolli
A true mirror, or 2 mirrors at right angles. The image in the middle will be exactly how other people see you.

View attachment 1236335
View attachment 1236336
Bullshit. While it might be true that others see your reversed image it’s not how other perceive you. Since you are not mirrored in a true mirror you will perceive yourself as much worse looking than how others see you.

• +1
Reactions: Niki9911
That shit used to drive me insane too.
I think it's because lighting can "change" your appearence severely and also some mirrors are for real slightly distorted where they make your face look slightly smaller/bigger, narrower/wider or longer/shorter

Just look at least somewhat decent in every mirror theory

• +1
Reactions: terrorblade
Bullshit. While it might be true that others see your reversed image it’s not how other perceive you. Since you are not mirrored in a true mirror you will perceive yourself as much worse looking than how others see you.

Other people perceive you exactly the same way as from double the distance from the mirror. The fact that you will perceive yourself as worse is just psychological based on being accustomed to our reversed image. Other people are accustomed to exactly the same image as seen in the true mirror. So as we are discussing closeness to reality, this is the only method that let's you see yourself accurately.

• +1
Reactions: A23ghskung and Deleted member 14303
Other people perceive you exactly the same way as from double the distance from the mirror. The fact that you will perceive yourself as worse is just psychological based on being accustomed to our reversed image. Other people are accustomed to exactly the same image as seen in the true mirror. So as we are discussing closeness to reality, this is the only method that let's you see yourself accurately.
Not gonna bother explaining since I made a long thread „how others see you“ explaining it. People like you just answer it wrong

• +1
Reactions: fernandobrocolli and Niki9911
What do you mean by 2 floors away? how many meters?

I think I look better in true mirrors
what's the psychology behind that

I think I look better in true mirrors
what's the psychology behind that
Don’t know. Shouldn’t be tbh unless you are really used to seeing yourself like this.

Don’t know. Shouldn’t be tbh unless you are really used to seeing yourself like this.
don't think I'm used to seeing myself like that, rarely use any kind of true mirror / true mirror app
only explanation I could think of is that I have flaws that I typically focus on in normal mirrors that I can't immediately pinpoint in true mirrors, who knows

I just played with my mirrors a little and I found my true mirror. I gotta say it looks the same(basically) as I look in a normal mirror

Same jfl. I just use the vanity mirror and carry it to places with different lighting to make sure I look good in all of them.

Cope. Your flipped image is basically the only real time image you see of yourself your whole life, so you get used to it and you start ignoring the asymmetries. The moment you see your real image, you don't relate to that as much, so the imperfections become clear.
That's probably the reason why most people perceive themselves as more attractive than they actually are :blackpill: