Which surgery shortens your midface

tomorrow300

tomorrow300

Bronze
I have a longer midface is there a surgery for my my midface?

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: normie_joe and St.TikTokcel
maxilla impaction i think

• +1
Reactions: tomorrow300
u will need ccw rotation

• +1
Reactions: tomorrow300
maxilla impaction i think
Maxilla impaction doesn't shorten midface
Here is a case where patient got 10.8mm of anterior impaction and her occlusal plane got rotated 18°.

Nose is basically the same height (and still crooked as well).

Its still amazing result but its not true midface shortening.

Good news is that @RealSurgerymax knows how to shorten midface to significant amount.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer and RealSurgerymax
Here is a case where patient got 10.8mm of anterior impaction and her occlusal plane got rotated 18°.
View attachment 2949997View attachment 2949998

View attachment 2950000View attachment 2950001

Good news is that @RealSurgerymax knows how to shorten midface to significant amount.
The part of the midface is the area from supraorbital down to base of nose. When people say they want to shorten midface that’s what they mean

• +1
Reactions: Fairytale
The part of the midface is the area from supraorbital down to base of nose. When people say they want to shorten midface that’s what they mean
Yes but for some reason most plastic surgeons and maxillofacial surgeons do not understand this and propose Lefort 1 impaction like its gonna fix it.

4 them long midface=gummy smile.

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
Yes but for some reason most plastic surgeons and maxillofacial surgeons do not understand this and propose Lefort 1 impaction like its gonna fix it.

4 them long midface=gummy smile.
yes many are bluepilled, but also achieving this sort of shortening is extremely difficult, because of soft tissue. You would need to shorten and then widen at the same time so that soft tissues arent in excess. In general its very complex with many variables. @giant has some theoretical solutions as well as some implant based solutions.

no surgery will gurantee this

u will need ccw rotation
Won't shorten midface
Nothing actually shortens midface (i.e. nose)

In theory if they cut the bone at an angle and slid upwards and forwards at for example 45° it would "shorten" midface from front, while absolute distance from eye to lip stays the same, but this doesn't seem to be done for some reason, idk why

Caged
There's no physical way
The only way is by moving the orbits down in a box osteotomy and then getting hairline lowering

Or this kind of approach:
IMG 20240529 005919

Where maxilla is cut like this and slid forward and upward, rather than removing a portion, so soft tissue should follow more. But there's gotta be a reason this isn't already carried out, cos it's a pretty simple and obvious concept

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
yes many are bluepilled, but also achieving this sort of shortening is extremely difficult, because of soft tissue. You would need to shorten and then widen at the same time so that soft tissues arent in excess. In general its very complex with many variables. @giant has some theoretical solutions as well as some implant based solutions.
Or this kind of approach:
View attachment 2950843
Where maxilla is cut like this and slid forward and upward, rather than removing a portion, so soft tissue should follow more. But there's gotta be a reason this isn't already carried out, cos it's a pretty simple and obvious concept

View attachment 2949997View attachment 2949998

View attachment 2950000View attachment 2950001

I read from his insta comments that he knows how to shorten midface but I have not found anything yet about how

counter clockwise rotation