who here has gotten MSE as an adult?

H

highT

Master
I’m getting MSE soon and I’m turning 27 this year. Anyone else have it around this age or older? My doctor says they have used it successfully on patients in their 40s and 50s but I’m curious about anyone’s experience here.

Btw for anyone curious my palate is super narrow. My IMW is like 31mm so we’re aiming to achieve 10-12mm of expansion.

• +1
Reactions: Entschuldigung, BoneMAXXING and retard
how the fuck is ur imw 31mm nigga. My dick is wider than that

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Need2Ascend, LooksJourney, bruh3610 and 3 others
Most people here are teenagers but i'm looking forward to see your results op, i'll get it sometime when i'm older ...

• +1
Reactions: joeveniro and highT
What’s MSE?

• JFL
Reactions: LooksJourney, Deleted member 6892 and Mongrelcel
how the fuck is ur imw 31mm nigga. My dick is wider than that
bruh good fucking question lmao. trust me, i can barely breathe thru my nose- my airway is so compromised due to the narrowness

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: LooksJourney, Subhuman Philtrum, The Bleach Pill and 1 other person
@VarBet I think

• +1
Reactions: highT and The Bleach Pill
Hes an oldcel?? He got 4mm forward growth i think, correct me if im wrong
That's his measurement I think so take it with a grain of salt
Looking at recent stuff from the mse doctors they say 3mm is the upper end/limit of what mse can give in adults as far as forward growth goes
I think he was 24 or smt when he got it, definitely an adult, tried to look for his age but couldn't find it sorry

• +1
Reactions: highT and The Bleach Pill
That's his measurement I think so take it with a grain of salt
Looking at recent stuff from the mse doctors they say 3mm is the upper end/limit of what mse can give in adults as far as forward growth goes
I think he was 24 or smt when he got it, definitely an adult, tried to look for his age but couldn't find it sorry
major lifefuel

3mm forward growth of the maxilla is honestly pretty huge for a non-surgical treatment, especially for an adult

• +1
Reactions: LooksJourney and Good_Little_Goy
major lifefuel

3mm forward growth of the maxilla is honestly pretty huge for a non-surgical treatment, especially for an adult
3mm being the limit though unfortunately, they say 1-2mm is the standard advancement of an adult with mse and fm, still very good, millimetres being kilometres on a face.

• +1
Reactions: highT
@highT @Good_Little_Goy @The Bleach Pill idk where you guys heard I got MSE, I didn't, was researching it

• So Sad
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy, highT and The Bleach Pill
@highT @Good_Little_Goy @The Bleach Pill idk where you guys heard I got MSE, I didn't, was researching it
it must have been someone else my bad

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy
I’m getting MSE soon and I’m turning 27 this year. Anyone else have it around this age or older? My doctor says they have used it successfully on patients in their 40s and 50s but I’m curious about anyone’s experience here.

Btw for anyone curious my palate is super narrow. My IMW is like 31mm so we’re aiming to achieve 10-12mm of expansion.
You are of similar age and IMW as me. I had to get mine reinstalled with corticopuncture because I have mild palatal tori so be sure to discuss this with your ortho if you do. Im still having some trouble with it, its really a pain in the ass and the trajectory gets worse as expansion goes on. My mouth is a shitshow so it complicates things even more but if you have a rather standard bite it might not be that difficult.

• +1
You are of similar age and IMW as me. I had to get mine reinstalled with corticopuncture because I have mild palatal tori so be sure to discuss this with your ortho if you do. Im still having some trouble with it, its really a pain in the ass and the trajectory gets worse as expansion goes on. My mouth is a shitshow so it complicates things even more but if you have a rather standard bite it might not be that difficult.
Thanks for your response. So, are you saying that the first time it was installed, you did not have the corticopuncture?

Also could you explain what you mean by the trajectory getting worse as expansion continues?

My bite is currently pretty good despite the narrow palate. My lower jaw’s teeth have all been tipped inwards by previous ortho I had when I was younger in order to compensate for the narrow upper palate.

How far along are you in the expansion process?

Thanks for your response. So, are you saying that the first time it was installed, you did not have the corticopuncture?

Also could you explain what you mean by the trajectory getting worse as expansion continues?

My bite is currently pretty good despite the narrow palate. My lower jaw’s teeth have all been tipped inwards by previous ortho I had when I was younger in order to compensate for the narrow upper palate.

How far along are you in the expansion process?
My bite has deformed the shape and direction of my face. Imagine two square couch pillows stacked on top of each other, then shift the bottom one a little to the left, the center of the top pillow remains the same but one side slight dips down to adapt to it's new position. It's kinda like that with my upper and lower jaw but it's affected the rest of my skull.

I did not have corticopuncture the first time, only the second installation had it.

There's alit of things that can go wrong as it varies patient to patient. I think the theory of MSE blends the outcomes of men/women but it's much more difficult for adult men. Our bones are denser, larger and more stubborn in adulthood. Sometimes the arms of the appliance warp under the stress or if they are too strong can tip your molars. There's also the risk of the appliance digging into the side of the palate.

I'm halfway through expansion but hut a snag, the arm on one side is digging into my gums and pressing too hard on my right ridge because of my laterally slanted face. The MSE expands on a slightly different plane than my face so I've passed expansion until I figure out what to do.

• +1
My bad sorry

Wait it was @varbrah I got you two confused

@VarBet @The Bleach Pill @highT

• +1
Reactions: The Bleach Pill
My bite has deformed the shape and direction of my face. Imagine two square couch pillows stacked on top of each other, then shift the bottom one a little to the left, the center of the top pillow remains the same but one side slight dips down to adapt to it's new position. It's kinda like that with my upper and lower jaw but it's affected the rest of my skull.

I did not have corticopuncture the first time, only the second installation had it.

There's alit of things that can go wrong as it varies patient to patient. I think the theory of MSE blends the outcomes of men/women but it's much more difficult for adult men. Our bones are denser, larger and more stubborn in adulthood. Sometimes the arms of the appliance warp under the stress or if they are too strong can tip your molars. There's also the risk of the appliance digging into the side of the palate.

I'm halfway through expansion but hut a snag, the arm on one side is digging into my gums and pressing too hard on my right ridge because of my laterally slanted face. The MSE expands on a slightly different plane than my face so I've passed expansion until I figure out what to do.
Damn that sounds rough. Although my bite is overall decent, I have a similar situation- Maxilla and mandible are both slightly off-center and not perfectly symmetrical, which definitely sounds like it would make the whole expansion process much more complicated. Have you experienced diastema yet? Or improved breathing, facial width or any other positive changes?

• JFL
Reactions: Duque5
Damn that sounds rough. Although my bite is overall decent, I have a similar situation- Maxilla and mandible are both slightly off-center and not perfectly symmetrical, which definitely sounds like it would make the whole expansion process much more complicated. Have you experienced diastema yet? Or improved breathing, facial width or any other positive changes?

How mny turn did u achieve per day? Chinese doctor said 1 per day is good, not 3-4. Slowing xpansion is better

How mny turn did u achieve per day? Chinese doctor said 1 per day is good, not 3-4. Slowing xpansion is better
I don’t have MSE, just planning for it

I got mine at 21 and it increased my FWHR cheek bones have a more 3d look i fucked up facepulling though and will be getting another one at the beginning of next year

• +1
Reactions: Subhuman Philtrum and highT
I got mine at 21 and it increased my FWHR cheek bones have a more 3d look i fucked up facepulling though and will be getting another one at the beginning of next year
How’d u fuck up facepulling

• JFL
How’d u fuck up facepulling
The facepuller i made was kinda trash i am getting the bow for my next mse since my palate is still narrow even after the first mse

• +1
The facepuller i made was kinda trash i am getting the bow for my next mse since my palate is still narrow even after the first mse
Why would u make a facemask bruh.. why didn’t she send you one? Was it the cope&rope headgear?

do you know what your inter-molar width was before and after expansion?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3635
Why would u make a facemask bruh.. why didn’t she send you one? Was it the cope&rope headgear?
Her face mask had a chin strap from my understanding that pushes the mandible back and yeah it was cope and ropes

do you know what your inter-molar width was before and after expansion?
33 i finished expanding it should be 41-38 now i like the changes i am seeing i still need some forward growth and have been coping with hard mewing and chewing

• +1
Reactions: Subhuman Philtrum and highT
Her face mask had a chin strap from my understanding that pushes the mandible back and yeah it was cope and ropes
Brutal.. so now ur gonna get 12mm mse?

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3020 and highT
33 i finished expanding it should be 41-38 now i like the changes i am seeing i still need some forward growth and have been coping with hard mewing and chewing
so you’re planning to expand even more with another MSE? interesting. My starting point is similar to yours, low 30s IMW. Did you get corticopuncture? Breathing easier? I would greatly benefit from the wider cheekbones aesthetically

so you’re planning to expand even more with another MSE? interesting. My starting point is similar to yours, low 30s IMW. Did you get corticopuncture? Breathing easier? I would greatly benefit from the wider cheekbones aesthetically
yes i got it with buccal fat removal and my cheek bones are way more visible now in certain lightings sometimes i even get a few stares overal it was a good change i am going for 12 mm and praying i get 3mm of expansion forward

• +1
Reactions: LooksJourney, Subhuman Philtrum and highT
yes i got it with buccal fat removal and my cheek bones are way more visible now in certain lightings sometimes i even get a few stares overal it was a good change i am going for 12 mm and praying i get 3mm of expansion forward
yo just curious, how much $ is MSE treatment going to cost you? plus the invisalign/braces afterwards? im quoted around 2k for MSE but im not sure how much the braces after is gonna cost to straighten everything out

• +1
yo just curious, how much $ is MSE treatment going to cost you? plus the invisalign/braces afterwards? im quoted around 2k for MSE but im not sure how much the braces after is gonna cost to straighten everything out
just the 2K

• +1
just the 2K
I don't really need invisalign because my lower third followed my upper teeth by holding them together 24/7 not clenching but mildly touching

• +1