why am i slightly taller with anterior pelvic tilt?

YoungRichNigga

YoungRichNigga

"We ain't making it past 21" - Juice Wrld
title,
when i force my posture forward and stand tall as much as possible with an anterior pelvic tilt, I am approximately 1/8-1/4 of an inch taller. How is this possible? i thought apt was supposed to make you shorter not taller.

You're not

• +1
Reactions: 000
Because your muscles get tighter without at probably or some shit idk

im deadass, i measured myself w/ anteior pelvic tilt and without and im 6'0 1/4 and 6'0 flat respectively
Just measure on one leg bro, you could be like 6'1" that way

• Hmm...
Reactions: YoungRichNigga
im deadass, i measured myself w/ anteior pelvic tilt and without and im 6'0 1/4 and 6'0 flat respectively
Well okay there are a few possible things.
First you could've measured yourself incorrectly one of the two times. And if you think you couldn't measure yourself incorrectly multiple times it is possible that you are just subconsciously confirming your bias.
Or, maybe your posture originally isn't good anyways. So apt is a step up, and good posture would be another step up.

Also, 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch is literally nothing, I can't see how you would measure your height that precisely without a machine or someone doing it.

First you could've measured yourself incorrectly one of the two times. And if you think you couldn't measure yourself incorrectly multiple times it is possible that you are just subconsciously confirming your bias.
Or, maybe your posture originally isn't good anyways. So apt is a step up, and good posture would be another step up.

Also, 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch is literally nothing, I can't see how you would measure your height that precisely without a machine or someone doing it.
i use an extremely straight object to measure my height against a door, which has a flat surface at the bottom and I marked the heights with a carpender tape, I also did this at multple other locations which yielded the same results, so accuracy is definitly not the problem here.

i use an extremely straight object to measure my height against a door, which has a flat surface at the bottom and I marked the heights with a carpender tape, I also did this at multple other locations which yielded the same results, so accuracy is definitly not the problem here.
Who the fuck cares you're 6ft and there's that

i use this apple watch box to measure btw, which is exteremly straight
Applewatch series5 box

Who the fuck cares you're 6ft and there's that
every mm matters bro you don't live in northeast US where there are 6'4 gigatyrones everywhere.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6723
Like I said, confirmation bias. You expect to get a taller height so you subconsciouly move the object slightly up. I will test it on myself and see though.

@YoungRichNigga I got an inch shorter when I tried to mimic anterior pelvic tilt. Maybe you are angling the box up?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6723 and YoungRichNigga
n
@YoungRichNigga I got an inch shorter when I tried to mimic anterior pelvic tilt. Maybe you are angling the box up?
nah bro, Ive already confirmed this multiple times, maybe its because i have bad posture or I wrongly thought I had good posture in the first place, idk man this shit is confusing.

• +1
Reactions: Hightwolf
a whole inch is a lot...

• +1
a whole inch is a lot...
Yeah because with anterior pelvic tilt your body angles forward instead of upwards, it makes sense that it would make shorter. idk how it would make you taller

Yeah because with anterior pelvic tilt your body angles forward instead of upwards, it makes sense that it would make shorter. idk how it would make you taller
View attachment 745643
idk bruh, i probbaly need to stretchmax and posturemax to make sure.

• +1