Why are American people so generous?

Jason Voorhees

Jason Voorhees

Professor
The friendliness and generosity of Americans is underrated. People often describe the U.S as individualistic and ruthless but forget to mention how nice people are and how generous they can get (American are giving a lot to charity both to organizations and individuals, the only country that come close being Turkey). There's literally a tipping culture in America and millionaries regularly give away absurd amounts of money in charity.

Americans are really going out of their way to help strangers, go well above what you could expect in Europe .

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 29155, angelo, Deleted member 16369 and 4 others
I think Religion and Culture plays a major factor in that tbh,most Europeans if im not mistaken are Atheists.
Religious people in general tend to be a bit more compassionate from my experience.

• +1
Reactions: Lmao, zura, TheAnomaly and 5 others
There's literally a tipping culture in America and millionaries regularly give away absurd amounts of money in charity.
The "tipping culture" is because businessmen are greedy and don't want to pay their employees normal wages. And the "charity" is mostly a way of rich people to avoid taxes, the money ends up eventually back in their pockets.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: angelo, zura, Jason Voorhees and 2 others
It's true. I was surprised how nice they were when I moved to America.

• +1
Reactions: TheAnomaly, Jason Voorhees and Deleted member 23558
I live in the Asshole Zone of the SF Bay Area. Once you get out of there, people are super friendly and nice.

• +1
Reactions: Yliaster
rednecks, ppl in small towns, south, countryside are very nice people