Why are braces on .org considered bad?

BoredPrince

BoredPrince

Inside, I am more...
I understand that Invisalign might be a better option but unfortunately in my case it won't work

I need braces and bimax, even though my orthodontist wanted to do camouflage orthodontics without surgery, I insisted on jaw surgery

So in my case where I need braces in combination with bimax, and of course orthodontist and surgeon will communicate with each other, how are braces exactly bad??

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: watah, evap0, NZb6Air and 1 other person
Because they supposedly cause recession when used young. Nobody is saying braces are bad when you are planning for bimax

• +1
Reactions: watah, Giorgio and BoredPrince
Because they supposedly cause recession when used young. Nobody is saying braces are bad when you are planning for bimax
Ah that explains it, but even now when I'm in my 20s, it seems orthodontists don't care about jaw alignment at all

They only care that teeth are straight so I had to basically argue with them jfl

• +1
Reactions: BimaxLaser
Ah that explains it, but even now when I'm in my 20s, it seems orthodontists don't care about jaw alignment at all

They only care that teeth are straight so I had to basically argue with them jfl
Which country are you from?
I have had a similar experience, im now planning to go to my gp in order to get a referral to an orthognatic orthodontist and or a jaw surgeon.

• +1
Reactions: BoredPrince
So in my case where I need braces in combination with bimax, and of course orthodontist and surgeon will communicate with each other, how are braces exactly bad??
whats ur case? i have bad jaw asymmetry and have a orthodontist appointment in a month, dont rly know what i need to try and get from them

Which country are you from?
I have had a similar experience, im now planning to go to my gp in order to get a referral to an orthognatic orthodontist and or a jaw surgeon.
Germany

I also need to have a consultation with jaw surgeon, i will only trust my orthodontist with fixing teeth

I won't accept any plan if it doesn't include the surgery

• +1
braces before and after bimax is normal. I think people here say that braces alone without surgery is trash option.

• +1
Reactions: Giorgio and BoredPrince
whats ur case? i have bad jaw asymmetry and have a orthodontist appointment in a month, dont rly know what i need to try and get from them
Asymmetry or misalignment?

Only trust them with fixing your teeth, if you have jaw recession, you need surgery

Germany

I also need to have a consultation with jaw surgeon, i will only trust my orthodontist with fixing teeth

I won't accept any plan if it doesn't include the surgery
How recessed would you say you are, slightly or moderately?
So you havent had a consultation with a jaw surgeon yet?
And yeah the orthodontists i have come across seem to be clueless to what abnormal jaw growth looks like. But I suppose they havent been trained to diagnose treat and prevent it

• +1
Reactions: BoredPrince
I understand that Invisalign might be a better option but unfortunately in my case it won't work

I need braces and bimax, even though my orthodontist wanted to do camouflage orthodontics without surgery, I insisted on jaw surgery

They make it impossible it achieve upswing

How recessed would you say you are, slightly or moderately?
So you havent had a consultation with a jaw surgeon yet?
And yeah the orthodontists i have come across seem to be clueless to what abnormal jaw growth looks like. But I suppose they havent been trained to diagnose treat and prevent it
They have actually, they just don't seem to care though

My recession is bad so I definitely need a jaw surgery, I need to set up appointment and then hope my insurance would pay for it

• +1
im recessed cause i have an overbite, u dont think my ortho will fix it?
If you're under 18 it can, with braces and some special thing that pulls your mandible forward, my brother has it

But it won't be as a good result as jaw surgery

Asymmetry or misalignment?

Only trust them with fixing your teeth, if you have jaw recession, you need surgery
not sure honestly, i dont think its recessed as i have good chin projection/forward growth

but also i never rly bothered learning much abt this stuff/options for jaw asymmetry so if ur down to lmk what could be good for it i can send a vid of jaw from diff angles in dm

No more important, maxillary reccesion for example is caused by downswing, and no lengthening will fix a reccesed maxilla
Ahh I think I know what you mean, would cheekbone implants fixt that after the surgery?

Ahh I think I know what you mean, would cheekbone implants fixt that after the surgery?
No, well maybe mask it but not in all cases

IMG 20240928 173423

Her shit surgeon was either uneducated asf or just too lazy to ccw rotate the jaws as it takes more work