Why are Deadlifts and Squats seen as "incel lifts/excercises"?

D

Deleted member 4332

Kraken
I haven't quite understood the full reason behind this.

Maybe I'm biased because I'm a coping subhuman incel who does both and is strong at both ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

• +1
Reactions: Bruh567
I think because, they think upper body only matters in aesthetics and anything more is copping for bad height or face

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 14262, PrisonMike, Deleted member 5746 and 4 others
I think because, they think upper body only matters in aesthetics and anything more is copping for bad height or face
Seems like a lot of this forum has the "bench only bro" mindset tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14262, highT, Incoming and 1 other person
The unwritten gymbro codex narrates that Chads are only supposed to do bro splits leaving out the leg days completely to look good cause the chicks only dig the upper body while the gymcels are coping with hours upon hours of scientific research, macronutrienent tracking and leg days to look proportionate and aesthetic but most of the time falling short to achieve any of that due trash genetics.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 14262, KingScrew, Deleted member 5746 and 8 others
The unwritten gymbro codex narrates that Chads are only supposed to do bro splits while leaving out the leg days completely to look good cause the chicks only dig the upper body while the gymcels are coping with hours upon hours of scientific research, macronutrienent tracking and leg days to look proportionate and aesthetics but most of the time falling short to achieve that due trash genetics.
Exactly

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 275, 54UD4D3 and Deleted member 110
Don't know, only do them because I play rugby and aussie rules football, also generally to keep my legs strong. What's your weight and 1RM squat? My current weight is about 75kg, 1RM is about 185kg.

Seems like a lot of this forum has the "bench only bro" mindset tbh
You should definitely hit legs minimum 2 times a week like any other muscle group to reach peak aesthetics. You can't ignore your biggest muscles. I have fairly strong legs probably due training football until teens, i have only been squatting for 3 months and i can already casually lift 100 kilograms 4x10 without any accessories at bodyweight of 74 kilograms while cutting.

Last edited:
Don't know, only do them because I play rugby and aussie rules football, also generally to keep my legs strong. What's your weight and 1RM squat? My current weight is about 75kg, 1RM is about 185kg.
I hit a Squat PR of 385lb / 175kg about 2 weeks ago.
Deadlift PR is 535lb / 243kg done about 2 ½ months ago.

These were done at around 165lb / 75kg

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite, ScramFranklin, BigNigga69 and 2 others
Chads dont have time to do that shit, they just train upper body to look good

Once you start actually having sexual you’ll realize legs and back are basically the main predictors of your ability to do well at sex. More than penis size I’d say assuming you’re average sized

because your lower body mogging your upper body is an incel trait, however, they're the most intense and hgh producing exercise strength exercises you can do

It takes an autistic level of focus to get good at these lifts

Heavy squats make you shorter and heavy deadlifts put pressure on the discs.

Do lighter Romanian deadlifts (with excellent form and posture) to train mobility so that you can actually do something with your body as a man

Once you start actually having sexual you’ll realize legs and back are basically the main predictors of your ability to do well at sex. More than penis size I’d say assuming you’re average sized
Can confirm after a year of squatting you can thrust a hoe into next week

• JFL
Reactions: Incoming
low iq comments all around

zyzz would constantly stress about how important deadlifts are and how they were a key part of his training.
squats and deadlifts are two of the three most important lifts in gaining overall size
Obvs upper body>>>>>>>>lower body but that's a retarded reason to disregard deadlifts and squats altogether, deadlifts especially

• +1
Reactions: Win and BrickTop
low iq comments all around

zyzz would constantly stress about how important deadlifts are and how they were a key part of his training.
squats and deadlifts are two of the three most important lifts in gaining overall size
Obvs upper body>>>>>>>>lower body but that's a retarded reason to disregard deadlifts and squats altogether, deadlifts especially
keep sucking zyzz's dick

squats yes

deads? fuck no, unless you're some coping powerlifter or strength athlete

5x5 is the best

obvs i will do neck training, forearm etc

keep sucking zyzz's dick

squats yes

deads? fuck no, unless you're some coping powerlifter or strength athlete
Deads are necessary for proper neural strength. If your 1RM is relatively high you will be able to build muscle everywhere. Most bodybuilders, fitness models, shit even some fashion models do train deadlifts at some point of their physique development. Overdosing it and using shit form is what makes it a meme lift. So many guys do it wrong & become bloatmaxxed power athletes.

Listen to Pietro, this is why you must train your back.

Deads are necessary for proper neural strength. If your 1RM is relatively high you will be able to build muscle everywhere. Most bodybuilders, fitness models, shit even some fashion models do train deadlifts at some point of their physique development. Overdosing it and using shit form is what makes it a meme lift. So many guys do it wrong & become bloatmaxxed power athletes.

Listen to Pietro, this is why you must train your back.

A high rep deadlift with non ego form? sure go ahead, but 1RM deadlifts are not necessary for the casual gym goer.

"If your 1RM is relatively high you will be able to build muscle everywhere" :lul: stop this Mark Rippetoe esque cope

"If your 1RM is relatively high you will be able to build muscle everywhere"
Yup this is massive cope.

I have a relatively strong deadlift 1RM & 5RM and I'm still small as fuck.
But I dont really mind that much tbh because I'm:
some coping powerlifter

• +1
Reactions: penis3
Deadlift is a great exercise I don't care what anyone says

Squats are meh for me, I don't do them anymore they hurt my knees and back and I don't want any bigger legs they are plenty strong enough

I think people mock them because of the 'powerliftecels' who exclusively focus on the big three and strut around the gym thinking they are badass whilst having a shit physique and no real functional strength or athleticism

Weighed pull ups, dips and overhead press are the real chad lifts

• +1
Reactions: BrickTop

Squats are meh for me, I don't do them anymore they hurt my knees and back and I don't want any bigger legs they are plenty strong enough

I think people mock them because of the 'powerliftecels' who exclusively focus on the big three and strut around the gym thinking they are badass whilst having a shit physique and no real functional strength or athleticism

When it comes to having a consistent way measuring & testing someone's overall body strength, Big Three mogs all. Especially when you cut out bullshit like Sumo Deadlifts, Super wide stance Squats, and extreme Excessive Bench arching.

But yeah I agree, weighted Chins, weighted Dips, and OHP are good too. Don't forget about barbell Rows as well.

• +1
Reactions: Captain_Collagen
When it comes to having a consistent way measuring & testing someone's overall body strength, Big Three mogs all. Especially when you cut out bullshit like Sumo Deadlifts, Super wide stance Squats, and extreme Excessive Bench arching.

But yeah I agree, weighted Chins, weighted Dips, and OHP are good too. Don't forget about barbell Rows as well.

I think in the real world, it's a bit of a circular definition of strength. I think overhead press is a much better measure of usable strength, and front squat is much better than low bar back squat. Bench in particular is a fairly useless exercise imo, but yeah rows are great

Yup this is massive cope.

I have a relatively strong deadlift 1RM & 5RM and I'm still small as fuck.
But I dont really mind that much tbh because I'm:
If you can hook grip deadlift 2-2.5 your bodyweight and still cant gain muscle then you sir are genetically fucked.
Roids may not even be able to help you...

A high rep deadlift with non ego form? sure go ahead, but 1RM deadlifts are not necessary for the casual gym goer.

"If your 1RM is relatively high you will be able to build muscle everywhere" :lul: stop this Mark Rippetoe esque cope

High Rep deadlift? Thats even more retarded than training close to your 1RM.

I never said to actually train your 1RM. To have a high max in relation to your bodyweight is beneficial to overall neural strength. Just a physiological fact.

Now, how you increase to your 1RM is a whole different matter.... proper programming is needed.

And lastly, "Causal gym goer"??? Most causual gym goers are nearly obese. Never compare what they do to what you can do.

This is about Looksmaxxing. We want to succeed, we do not want to follow causal/AVERAGE people.

Are you completely, positively sure you were doing squats with perfect form?
I got to 100kg squats with paying attention to form, then fucked up my left knee and stopped traditional squatting(I was still on noob gains and I was upping the weight every week, if i could do the required reps regardless of how shaky my form got, it didn't hurt, so I figured i am fine).

Later i was reading about squats and how it strengthens the knees, so I decided to try doing them again, but for the sole purpose of leg/knee health.

After not doing squats for 6 months, I tried doing them again, starting from an empty bar and doing perfect form(ofc that varies from person to person, but if you do it perfectly, you feel it).

The key here is deloading to the point where its really easy and you can focus 100% on form(This might be tricky, because to do proper form, you need some weight, so you don't fall on your ass), when you got the form down, up the weight, you will feel when it becomes too much for you to lose your newly learned perfect form.
When you load up the weight with perfect form, if you have been doing squats wrong, it will feel awkward and you'll feel the muscles you've neglected.

Now my knees feel better than ever and the knee pain went away completely.
I am up to 140kg 3rep max.

I am saying this because you mentioned you hurt your back/knees from squatting, if you have other conditions which make your knees weaker, ignore what I said.

As for the back, doing deadlifts which are at least the same or heavier weight than the squats will make sure your back can handle the weight. Also doing facepulls and doing more pulling work than pushing work to ensure your shoulder health(Wish I had learned this sooner, also fucked up my shoulder for 5 months)

Seriously, don't neglect legs, I feel improvements in cardio, running and in daily life. I can thrust a bitch in the air.

I don't see, how squats could fuck up your knees and back, if you're doing good form and not doing absurd amounts of weight.
Unless you have some knee condition.

• +1
Reactions: Captain_Collagen and Edgar
High Rep deadlift? Thats even more retarded than training close to your 1RM.
High rep as in 8-12rep heavy deadlifts are awesome, the fuck are you talking about? It is so much easier to injure yourself doing 1RM.

This is about Looksmaxxing. We want to succeed, we do not want to follow causal/AVERAGE people.
Greycel moment. :lul:

Are you completely, positively sure you were doing squats with perfect form?
I got to 100kg squats with paying attention to form, then fucked up my left knee and stopped traditional squatting(I was still on noob gains and I was upping the weight every week, if i could do the required reps regardless of how shaky my form got, it didn't hurt, so I figured i am fine).

Later i was reading about squats and how it strengthens the knees, so I decided to try doing them again, but for the sole purpose of leg/knee health.

After not doing squats for 6 months, I tried doing them again, starting from an empty bar and doing perfect form(ofc that varies from person to person, but if you do it perfectly, you feel it).

The key here is deloading to the point where its really easy and you can focus 100% on form(This might be tricky, because to do proper form, you need some weight, so you don't fall on your ass), when you got the form down, up the weight, you will feel when it becomes too much for you to lose your newly learned perfect form.
When you load up the weight with perfect form, if you have been doing squats wrong, it will feel awkward and you'll feel the muscles you've neglected.

Now my knees feel better than ever and the knee pain went away completely.
I am up to 140kg 3rep max.

I am saying this because you mentioned you hurt your back/knees from squatting, if you have other conditions which make your knees weaker, ignore what I said.

As for the back, doing deadlifts which are at least the same or heavier weight than the squats will make sure your back can handle the weight. Also doing facepulls and doing more pulling work than pushing work to ensure your shoulder health(Wish I had learned this sooner, also fucked up my shoulder for 5 months)

Seriously, don't neglect legs, I feel improvements in cardio, running and in daily life. I can thrust a bitch in the air.

I don't see, how squats could fuck up your knees and back, if you're doing good form and not doing absurd amounts of weight.
Unless you have some knee condition.

Everything you said is solid advice appreciate it. No I was likely not using good form I always just focused on hitting depth and loading the bar as much as possible. Highest I got was 165 for a triple. I'm not 100% convinced that there is a 'perfect' form for squats due to the individual differences in limb lengths/leverages for such a complex movement, but I experimented with a lot of things. The one common denominator was that I hurt my back or knees.

Glad you found something that works for you, if I ever do them again I will definitely focus way more on form. At the moment though im focused on calisthenics which is giving me great physique results and healing a of old injuries from the mobility work alongside. I'm still sprinting, jumping and doing bodyweight based leg exercises so they are getting decent stimulation but ofc nothing like heavy squats.

• +1
Reactions: yorker12
If you can hook grip deadlift 2-2.5 your bodyweight and still cant gain muscle then you sir are genetically fucked.
Roids may not even be able to help you...
3.24 X bodyweight deadlift (with straps and I can PM you video proof if you want) and still look like absolute donkey shit :feelswhy: :feelswhy: :feelswhy: :feelswhy: :feelswhy: :feelswhy: :feelswhy: :feelswhy: :feelswhy: :feelswhy: :feelswhy: :feelswhy: :feelswhy:
June 1st 2020
<- June 1st 2020 pic of me @ 5'9" 165lbs

This shit is why I cope with powerlifting and strength instead. For me at least, gaining strength is way easier than gaining size.

Bodybuilding and gaining size is such a gigantic fucking scam its insane.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: BrickTop
3.24 X bodyweight deadlift (with straps and I can PM you video proof if you want) and still look like absolute donkey shit :feelswhy: :feelswhy: :feelswhy: :feelswhy: :feelswhy: :feelswhy: :feelswhy: :feelswhy: :feelswhy: :feelswhy: :feelswhy: :feelswhy: :feelswhy:
View attachment 476778 <- June 1st 2020 pic of me @ 5'9" 165lbs

This shit is why I cope with powerlifting and strength instead. For me at least, gaining strength is way easier than gaining size.

Bodybuilding and gaining size is such a gigantic fucking scam its insane.
Damn brah thats brutal, maybe its your bones? Metabolism?

Damn brah thats brutal, maybe its your bones? Metabolism?
Metabolism definitely.

A few days after I took that pic, I got a stomach illness/nausea that made me eat less and Lift less often for a week or 2.

I recovered from the illness on around June 16-17th and started eating normally again (around 3,000 Cal/day for me).

Even then, I'm still fucking 4-6 pounds down from my normal morning weight of 164-165.

Shit is pissing me off so much its driving me insane.

Metabolism definitely.

A few days after I took that pic, I got a stomach illness/nausea that made me eat less and Lift less often for a week or 2.

I recovered from the illness on around June 16-17th and started eating normally again (around 3,000 Cal/day for me).

Even then, I'm still fucking 4-6 pounds down from my normal morning weight of 164-165.

Shit is pissing me off so much its driving me insane.
Stomach health is so critical, I got salomnella earlier this year and lost 12 pounds in 10 days of being ill. Luckily gained most it back.

Do you take probiotics? Kefir? Or do you ever fast?

Stomach health is so critical, I got salomnella earlier this year and lost 12 pounds in 10 days of being ill. Luckily gained most it back.

Do you take probiotics? Kefir? Or do you ever fast?
For my stomach illness, I took Pepto Bismol until my nausea went away (until around June 16-17th)

I haven't quite understood the full reason behind this.

Maybe I'm biased because I'm a coping subhuman incel who does both and is strong at both ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .
Most people (here and on bbuilding forums) will lift weight for aesthetics and not for strength, having lacking legs (unless they compete) or giving close to no shit about them as long as they’re aesthetic

Thing is, to get juicy legs you don’t need squats and deadlifts (even more if you plan on competing on Men’s physique as they put too much pressure on your lower back and abdomen) so they just skip ‘em all together

They’re hard and stressful and some don’t want to go to the gym with a powerlifter mentality (I switched from PL to BBing so I can understand)

Some others just have back pain while doing it so they do something else

The risk reward ratio, man

Both of these have high chance of injuring you

• +1
Reactions: Incoming
i heard that a breathing squat and pullover regime can help with rib expansion and really give you good frame. maybe this isn't cope for teencels, but is there a better way of expanding the ribs? or at least squatting without building so much muscle on the legs?

Everything you said is solid advice appreciate it. No I was likely not using good form I always just focused on hitting depth and loading the bar as much as possible. Highest I got was 165 for a triple. I'm not 100% convinced that there is a 'perfect' form for squats due to the individual differences in limb lengths/leverages for such a complex movement, but I experimented with a lot of things. The one common denominator was that I hurt my back or knees.

Glad you found something that works for you, if I ever do them again I will definitely focus way more on form. At the moment though i'm focused on calisthenics which is giving me great physique results and healing a of old injuries from the mobility work alongside. I'm still sprinting, jumping and doing bodyweight based leg exercises so they are getting decent stimulation but ofc nothing like heavy squats.
One of the biggest things that changed my squat game, was leg width, I was scared to go wider, even if it felt better.
I have long legs and arms, which means, I have better angles if I am doing wider squats. Same with deadlifts, the sumo variant feels better for me.

Glad you found something that works for you, if I ever do them again I will definitely focus way more on form. At the moment though im focused on calisthenics which is giving me great physique results and healing a of old injuries from the mobility work alongside. I'm still sprinting, jumping and doing body weight based leg exercises so they are getting decent stimulation but ofc nothing like heavy squats.
Yeees, calisthenics are fucking awesome for healthy joints and a sexy physique.

I highly recommend gymnastics rings. Yes, good wood ones are expensive (40-60EUR and these are mid range), but for exercises where you are above the rings/bar, they are so much harder and more ways to progress.

Since the gyms got closed, I did calisthenics only, and looks like I will be doing only calisthenics, unless I feel my legs are getting unproportional to my upper body and bodyweight stuff can't progress them further.

To get a fantastic workout, literally all you need is somewhere to hang the rings(it doesnt even need to be a level bar/branch, because you can adjust the rings accordingly). It is everything TRX wants to be and more.
The physique you get from progressing with rings is just fucking sexy. Very lean and a huge back, wrists, arms and shoulders.

• +1
Reactions: Captain_Collagen
One of the biggest things that changed my squat game, was leg width, I was scared to go wider, even if it felt better.
I have long legs and arms, which means, I have better angles if I am doing wider squats. Same with deadlifts, the sumo variant feels better for me.

Yeees, calisthenics are fucking awesome for healthy joints and a sexy physique.

I highly recommend gymnastics rings. Yes, good wood ones are expensive (40-60EUR and these are mid range), but for exercises where you are above the rings/bar, they are so much harder and more ways to progress.

Since the gyms got closed, I did calisthenics only, and looks like I will be doing only calisthenics, unless I feel my legs are getting unproportional to my upper body and bodyweight stuff can't progress them further.

To get a fantastic workout, literally all you need is somewhere to hang the rings(it doesnt even need to be a level bar/branch, because you can adjust the rings accordingly). It is everything TRX wants to be and more.
The physique you get from progressing with rings is just fucking sexy. Very lean and a huge back, wrists, arms and shoulders.

Yeah buddy! Ordered rings the same day they closed gyms here :)

Im following this Gymnastic Bodies program, from Coach Chris Sommer if you've heard of it, with some extra stuff I'm throwing in. Costs a bit but more than worth it for me. There is also a great book Overcoming Gravity that taught me a ton. What program do you follow?

I'm in love with bodyweight training now and think I'll only go back to the gym for only lifts and squats some time in the future

• Love it
Reactions: yorker12
Yeah buddy! Ordered rings the same day they closed gyms here :)

Im following this Gymnastic Bodies program, from Coach Chris Sommer if you've heard of it, with some extra stuff I'm throwing in. Costs a bit but more than worth it for me. There is also a great book Overcoming Gravity that taught me a ton. What program do you follow?

I'm in love with bodyweight training now and think I'll only go back to the gym for only lifts and squats some time in the future
At this level, I consider myself experienced enough in fitness to make my own individual program and I prefer researching everything myself, so that I know i am doing the best option for me.

Since fitness is a lifestyle I started training every day alternating between cardio with calisthenics skill work and strength, for example I run and do handstand skill work one day, do rings the next, ride my bike and do l sit progression the next and do rings again after that day.

I do almost full body every strength day (there is only so much you can do for legs with bodyweight), Jeff Nippard has a great video about full body training 5x a week, the gist of it is reducing the volume each day, but doing it more often, so you still get the required weekly volume.
It also helps because, if you're a more experienced lifter, iirc the protein synthesis period is shorter(this part might be wrong, long time since i saw it), so training more often is beneficial for gains.

A big thing to remember is not neglecting your hamstrings, having a good quad/hamstring strength balance is essential for posture/back/knee health.

Also not a fan of buying programs since i feel like there's enough free info out there.