why are my cheeks so fucking red

Zoraaaa

Zoraaaa

Bronze
I started a skincare routine where i use a cleanser, 0,5%retinol and a moisturizer i started using retinol once a week and gradually used it more and now im up to 4-5 times a week.
Recently i have noticed that my cheeks are so fucking red, and not just stated by me my mom and sister have asked what has happened to my cheeks, i stopped using it as i read online that it could just be that i need to not use retinol for a few days.
Anyone know if its the retinol or something im eating that could cause this.

I started a skincare routine where i use a cleanser, 0,5%retinol and a moisturizer i started using retinol once a week and gradually used it more and now im up to 4-5 times a week.
Recently i have noticed that my cheeks are so fucking red, and not just stated by me my mom and sister have asked what has happened to my cheeks, i stopped using it as i read online that it could just be that i need to not use retinol for a few days.
Might be too many BBC loads

I stopped using retinol because of that

update didn't use it last night it has severely gone down. some red spots are left but very small, i suspect it will dissapear tonight,
i suspect that its my skin that's not used to the harshness of it will start using in a few days again

maybe the cleanser is making your skin sensitive? i had that too, try one for sensitive skin maybe

It's the retinol. Topical Vitamin A causes redness, which on white skin becomes pretty severe.

It's the retinol. Topical Vitamin A causes redness, which on white skin becomes pretty severe.
yes but im using lower doses and less now and its not really red anymore if anything if it still causing redness its giving me a blush look which looks good