Why are noses different?

Chinacurry

Chinacurry

Kraken
Can someone explain why Atlantids and Meds have sharp noses, but Africans and Asians have bulbous noses?? I know it's to do with the heat, but why??

Also why do northern curries have the same type of nose as meds, but southern curries have a 'softer' though not fully bulbous nose like Asians and Africans, even though south curryland is hot as hell??

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing
Climate. Europeans have longer noses because in the cold their noses had to humidify and warm the air they breathed.

• +1
Reactions: SkinjobCatastrophe, LastHopeForNorman, Deleted member 9344 and 2 others
Can someone explain why Atlantids and Meds have sharp noses, but Africans and Asians have bulbous noses?? I know it's to do with the heat, but why??

Also why do northern curries have the same type of nose as meds, but southern curries have a 'softer' though not fully bulbous nose like Asians and Africans, even though south curryland is hot as hell??
https://www.newsweek.com/nose-shape...,the bridge, are encoded in a person's genome. Climate evolution. Europeans & North Africans tend to have high narrow noses due to dry & cold climate evolution.

• +1
Reactions: Hightwolf
Climate. Europeans have longer noses because in the cold their noses had to humidify and warm the air they breathed.
Ok that makes sense then, it's basically to heat the air, which ricemen and sub Saharan Africans don't need, but how does it explain curries??

Northern curries can have the same nose as Persians and meds, which is the narrow, high bridge nose, but majority of curries have a slightly less sharp version of this.
Same for southern curries, it's not bulbous like Asians nor Africans, and it's not sharp like Europeans, yet India, and particularly south India, are as hot as anywhere??

• +1
Reactions: Looks234
Ok that makes sense then, it's basically to heat the air, which ricemen and sub Saharan Africans don't need, but how does it explain curries??

Northern curries can have the same nose as Persians and meds, which is the narrow, high bridge nose, but majority of curries have a slightly less sharp version of this.
Same for southern curries, it's not bulbous like Asians nor Africans, and it's not sharp like Europeans, yet India, and particularly south India, are as hot as anywhere??
idk if this is the same case, but it might be that they evolved that trait in a place or time with a different climate.
For example most east asians have cold evolved traits which are hypothesized to have evolved in Tibet. Then after spreading out they stopped evolving because of human technology. No need for keeping warm with houses etc. I'm p sure i oversimplified but that's the basic idea.

• +1
Reactions: SadnessWYJ
idk if this is the same case, but it might be that they evolved that trait in a place or time with a different climate.
For example most east asians have cold evolved traits which are hypothesized to have evolved in Tibet. Then after spreading out they stopped evolving because of human technology. No need for keeping warm with houses etc. I'm p sure i oversimplified but that's the basic idea.
Which rice traits do u think came from when they were in the cold weather plataeus??

Your theory would explain why some northern curries have med/Persian noses, basically that they evolved these 700-1000 + years ago, and they have kept them till now.

Heat and humidity of the climate play a role but so do many other things like sexual selection, population pressures, etc. and just chance occurrences. There are aesthetic differences but the main functional differences are inside the nose. For example europeans have a different shaped nasal passage to make the airflow more turbulent and warm the air, while many west Africans have a comparatively smooth nasal passage