why are so many guys convinced that life was much better in the 1950s

D

Deleted member 22037

Bronze
... for the average subhuman loser with no redeeming traits?

I get that most psl members are uneducated morons with 0 ability to think, but how does this particular delusion even develop?

They watch a couple of movies with newman, wayne or brando and assume that was the standard for the average guy back then or what?

The best scenario you could hope for in that era as a sub-main character was getting a decent looking woman who'd cheat on you with the main character from your community without you being able/allowed to do anything due to social taboos/censoring

Second best option - marrying a fat, ugly, masculine woman out of desperation and then spending the rest of your life working 11 hours per day to provide for her (she stops respecting you after 3 weeks of marriage at best) and a couple of obnoxious children

Third best scenario - you are a known freak/weirdo/abomination in your street and the most dopamine inducing activities at your disposal are
1. Staring at the sky
2. Fucking your neighbor's goat when he's not around
3. Spending your time with the local priest

surely, internet makes people more interconnected; i'm not denying this is a factor, but this also means way less coping options for those who aren't making it on "the sexual market". no videogames, thousands of niche communities, youtube, easily accessible movies and television channels etc. it also means it's way easier for guys in good positions (wealthy, high status, whether also gl or not) to cuck their subhuman workers with their wives without anyone finding out

on top of that, the social structure was much more rigid and cheating and promiscuity were a taboo, meaning that, if you were a regular joe (and virtually everyone posting the delusional garbage i mentioned in the op on incel forums would fall into that category, despite most of them nurturing delusion about being 2% of bf or 1 surgery away from becoming global sex symbols, lmao) and started suspecting that your wife was cheating on you with your boss, the only option you had was to suck it up

not to mention that the situation today is nowhere as bad as "blackpilled" edgelords make it to be. it takes 10 minutes of walking in the public to see that most guys who are out there with girlfriends/wives don't really look impressive. the real message behind 99% of those "psl 8 or death in 2022" posts is "why can't i have a rotation of supermodel-looking women for sex as a generic loser with a 4/10 face/why can't i get everyone to stare at me when i enter the room just by staring at the ceiiling? this life is a scam!", guys spamming them are just too estrogenic and stupid to get to that conclusion through honest introspection

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14262, smvmaxxertilllate and n0rthface
memoria praeteritorum bonorum

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22037
memoria praeteritorum bonorum

pretty much. with a pretty comical additional detail - guys spouting this nonsense didn't even live in that period, so their "retrospection" is based on hardcore delusions

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: n0rthface