Why being sad about your genetics/birth circumstances is irrational

nordsmog

nordsmog

Cock mogger
I’ve already mentioned this a few times in the past, but complaining about your genetics/birth circumstances is almost always irrational and ignoring the unbelievably unlikely filters you passed to exist in the first place, let alone as a human in a time period with the privileges of technology and modern medicine.

To put how unbelievably unlikely it was for you to exist into perspective, literally every factor leading up to your parents meeting +reproducing and their parents and so on for billions of years until the beginning of the universe had to go perfectly, including the specific sperm cell fertilizing your mother’s egg that eventually became you. (Remember that if a different sperm cell “won the race”, that would just be your sibling and you wouldn’t exist).

On top of those already incomprehensibly unlikely odds, you happened to be born as a human and not some wild animal or insect in a time period with an unprecedentedly high quality of life. It’s easy to take modern medicine, (not having a 30-40% chance of literally being spawn killed at birth and taking your mother with you, as well as not being virtually destined to die a disgustingly cruel and undignified death from some shitty disease), phones, computers, TVs, access to the entirety of humanity’s collective knowledge through the internet, reasonable work conditions, reliable access to food, water, shelter, etc etc for granted.

The simple fact is that is you rolled the dice again a trillion times, you wouldn’t even exist let alone as a human in a better position than you are now. If an ant could comprehend it, they’d do anything to be an animal and that animal would do anything to be a low percentile human and that human would do anything to be a high percentile human. You’re literally hardwired through evolution to want more and more, don’t let the hedonistic treadmill overtake you and make you waste the tiny sliver of existence you have in spite of ridiculously low odds.

(Only exceptions to this would be if your life was somehow so unbelievably low percentile that it was worse than not existing at all. You almost definitely don’t fall under this category, this is reserved for niggas born with extremely painful conditions)

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: silencio, aspiringexcel, twojei and 12 others
cope

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: twojei, wollet2, soover4me and 3 others
Preach. It’s best to make use of what you got

• +1
Reactions: Lynxress and nordsmog
@Tabula Rasa

• +1
Reactions: Tabula Rasa
I don't have access to stacy waaahhhh 😭

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: aspiringexcel, twojei, zura and 5 others
I’ve already mentioned this a few times in the past, but complaining about your genetics/birth circumstances is almost always irrational and ignoring the unbelievably unlikely filters you passed to exist in the first place, let alone as a human in a time period with the privileges of technology and modern medicine.

To put how unbelievably unlikely it was for you to exist into perspective, literally every factor leading up to your parents meeting +reproducing and their parents and so on for billions of years until the beginning of the universe had to go perfectly, including the specific sperm cell fertilizing your mother’s egg that eventually became you. (Remember that if a different sperm cell “won the race”, that would just be your sibling and you wouldn’t exist).

On top of those already incomprehensibly unlikely odds, you happened to be born as a human and not some wild animal or insect in a time period with an unprecedentedly high quality of life. It’s easy to take modern medicine, (not having a 30-40% chance of literally being spawn killed at birth and taking your mother with you, as well as not being virtually destined to die a disgustingly cruel and undignified death from some shitty disease), phones, computers, TVs, access to the entirety of humanity’s collective knowledge through the internet, reasonable work conditions, reliable access to food, water, shelter, etc etc for granted.

The simple fact is that is you rolled the dice again a trillion times, you wouldn’t even exist let alone as a human in a better position than you are now. If an ant could comprehend it, they’d do anything to be an animal and that animal would do anything to be a low percentile human and that human would do anything to be a high percentile human. You’re literally hardwired through evolution to want more and more, don’t let the hedonistic treadmill overtake you and make you waste the tiny sliver of existence you have in spite of ridiculously low odds.

(Only exceptions to this would be if your life was somehow so unbelievably low percentile that it was worse than not existing at all. You almost definitely don’t fall under this category, this is reserved for niggas born with extremely painful conditions)
My genetics arent bad im sad about my development

• Hmm...
Reactions: nordsmog
Ur claims are cope. However shit genetics don’t necessarily equal shit life because unless u have mental disorders or experienced genuine family loss u don’t have actual problems.

99% of people don’t have problems this is the truth.

at least 30-40% of Zoomers have good families growing up and had all their relatives alive for their entire 18 years, grew up middle class suburbs, never “bullied”, had decent grades, had a relationship, was decent at athletics, social life, no mental disorders or illnesses, never struggled in life for the first 18-20 years. After that it doesn’t matter

If you didn’t have this it may be over this is an essential “perfect life” ur weak as fuck if you’re depressed with this life.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: aspiringexcel, Clown Show, BrahminBoss and 1 other person
Ur claims are cope. However shit genetics don’t necessarily equal shit life because unless u have mental disorders or experienced genuine family loss u don’t have actual problems.

99% of people don’t have problems this is the truth.

at least 30-40% of Zoomers have good families growing up, grew up middle class suburbs, never “bullied”, had decent grades, had a relationship, was decent at athletics, social life, no mental disorders or illnesses, never struggled in life for the first 18-20 years. After that it doesn’t matter
How are they cope? Which ones specifically and how. Just claiming they’re wrong doesn’t actually mean anything.

• +1
Reactions: lemonnz
High IQ thread

• Love it
Reactions: nordsmog
How are they cope? Which ones specifically and how. Just claiming they’re wrong doesn’t actually mean anything.
Forget genetics at the moment. In terms of birth circumstances most people have perfect lives their first 18-20 years mental health should only apply to people who have actual issues in their lives.

Not some whiny Zoomer crying about not getting a gf or some other weak bs about muh teased in middle school

• +1
Reactions: dehydrated
Forget genetics at the moment. In terms of birth circumstances most people have perfect lives their first 18-20 years mental health should only apply to people who have actual issues in their lives.

Not some whiny Zoomer crying about not getting a gf or some other weak bs about muh teased in middle school
Yeah I mean it’s more complex than that, but yeah we are extremely lucky relative to literally any time period or species. It’s important to be able to appreciate all the stuff we take for granted

• +1
Reactions: dehydrated and ElTruecel
fr, niggas get blackpilled and start rotting if they aren't at least htn. i wish i wasnt blackpilled so early :(

Am I bluepilled for agreeing with this?

This is why I laugh and have fun

if you got shit genetics lefort 4 or rope

idk tbh considering the vast majority of the world’s population are impoverished third worlders. First worlders only make up a fraction.

idk tbh considering the vast majority of the world’s population are impoverished third worlders. First worlders only make up a fraction.
Yeah I mean even then it would still be relative. Virtually everyone would have had a worse quality of life 2-3 centuries ago than modern third worlders.

• +1
Reactions: ElTruecel, Tabula Rasa and randomop
Yeah I mean even then it would still be relative. Virtually everyone would have had a worse quality of life 2-3 centuries ago than modern third worlders.
Yes but they were happier despite this
dont see the 3rd worlders on here suffering

how the fuck can you experience not existing

Last edited:
life is pure cancer

if you werent your current self you would be someone else. ure not special

but ure lucky u dont live in the middle ages or in a 3rd world shithole in war or that you got a dick tho

u dont hany any clue how an animal/insect experience is

how the fuck can you experience not existing
That’s not necessarily what I’m trying to say, my point is that death is neither inherently good or bad on its own but in comparison to being alive it would generally be considered “bad”.

if you werent your current self you would be someone else. ure not special

but ure lucky u dont live in the middle ages or in a 3rd world shithole in war or that you got a dick tho

u dont hany any clue how an animal/insect experience is
Those aren’t the only two options though are they? The chances I exist at all in the first place are unbelievably low, much less so than being born as someone/something else.

I mean we can tell to a certain degree, the only reason they aren’t in anguish about how shitty their life is is because they’re too stupid to realize how much better other organisms have it than them. Again, that all goes back to your desires being relative to your expectations.

Yes but they were happier despite this

dont see the 3rd worlders on here suffering
It’s unlikely they were, but as I mentioned this all goes back to your happiness/desires being relative to your expectations. The people back then may have been content to a degree because they couldn’t have possibly imagined how much better our lives are than theirs.

• +1
Reactions: ElTruecel
Disagree. I'd prefer never being born. Life is a constant risk. We are constantly exposed to many different dangers which could make our lives a living hell. I'd rather not take that gamble, but now that I am alive I have to live.

What if you're Indian :lul:

• +1
Reactions: distance decay
I mean it’s roughly a 80-20 degree split but you have to realize that the quality of life difference between even third worlders and the higher classes back then was massive. Not to mention a far larger percentage of the world would’ve been poor than today

Disagree. I'd prefer never being born. Life is a constant risk. We are constantly exposed to many different dangers which could make our lives a living hell. I'd rather not take that gamble, but now that I am alive I have to live.
I mean there’s always the small possibility, but it also works the other way around and to a much greater extent. But yeah there’s always going to be those unlucky few who are born with some sort of shitty genetic condition or thrown into a terrible environment

• +1
Reactions: twojei
That’s not necessarily what I’m trying to say, my point is that death is neither inherently good or bad on its own but in comparison to being alive it would generally be considered “bad”.
how do you compare them? what is death? just the absence of life / any experience

so all you're saying is that not experiencing is bad compared to experiencing?