Why chewing increases midface length

retard

retard

rides a short bus to school
Im sure everyone who browses the looksmaxxing section of this forum has seen something related to how chewing increases midface length but there isnt really an explanation on it

It causes an increase in length by rotating the maxilla clockwise, this is due to when chewing with the molars it applies an upwards force to the back of the maxilla, when you an apply a force to one end of something, it will cause a rotation and in this case it rotates the maxilla clockwise

heres a little demo in paint for visuallearningcels

Untitled

This is pretty obvious but i will say it anyways just in case, as your maxilla rotates clockwise your midface will increase in length

This is why despite being properly developed native americans have long midfaces and not top tier undereye support (as the maxilla rotates CW the orbitals move down reducing undereye support.) It is due to their strenuous chewing which thereby rotates their maxilla clockwise

Changes in maxilla rotation would be very slow you would have to chew for a long time to get results, but they can be attained nonetheless

you can counter this by chewing a more frontal part of the palate, like the premolars which would redistribute the force to a more centralized position and cause just an upwards translation with no rotation

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: ungewist, Bitch, 000 and 9 others
@Gudru damn

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
Another massive L for the chewingcels
Giphy 31
Giphy 31
Giphy 31
Giphy 31

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ungewist, 000, Dog face and 2 others
Everything in this thread has been said a million times by me already, what's the point?

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, 189 and Madhate
Everything in this thread has been said a million times by me already, what's the point?
ive literally never seen it mentioned once and ive read all the masseter-chewing related threads in the past 4 months

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, 000, Feminineboi and 1 other person
My midface is like a 1.1 and I chew a ton. Cope

• +1
Reactions: ungewist
the changes to expect from this would come at the same speed as regular mewing (years of consistent use might give decent changes, chewing to atrophy your massaters in a few weeks would cause practically 0 change
My midface is like a 1.1 and I chew a ton. Cope
Changes in maxilla rotation would be very slow you would have to chew for a long time to get results, but they can be attained nonetheless
read the thread retard

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, AscendingHero, 000 and 3 others
Good thread.

• +1
Reactions: retard
Based thread

• +1
Reactions: retard
Yes but the pb is that chewing also help ccw of mandible and its what i need

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and retard
Yes but the pb is that chewing also help ccw of mandible and its what i need
you can achieve that by just keeping your molars in light contact

so we should be chewing more with premolars, canines than molars for a ccw rotation of maxilla and mandible, am i right?

just want to make sure i do things right

so we should be chewing more with premolars, canines than molars for a ccw rotation of maxilla and mandible, am i right?

just want to make sure i do things right
this post was really just for informational purposes, it would take an extreme amount of chewing to manifest into a noticeably longer midface at your age, but premolars would atleast help in theory rotate the maxilla CCW

• +1
Reactions: nastynas
Good post actually.
@Gudru life fuel tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5694 and Deleted member 685
so we have to do it with premolar only ?
Since you seem to have a good understanding of it : How can you explain some people get better zygos,undereye support with chewing ?

• +1
Reactions: ungewist
my gigachad tongue is gonna make sure that maxilla is going nowhere

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ungewist, Fiqh, Deleted member 5061 and 3 others
I already do this. I never chew with my back molars.

Im sure everyone who browses the looksmaxxing section of this forum has seen something related to how chewing increases midface length but there isnt really an explanation on it

It causes an increase in length by rotating the maxilla clockwise, this is due to when chewing with the molars it applies an upwards force to the back of the maxilla, when you an apply a force to one end of something, it will cause a rotation and in this case it rotates the maxilla clockwise

View attachment 304138
This is pretty obvious but i will say it anyways just in case, as your maxilla rotates clockwise your midface will increase in length

This is why despite being properly developed native americans have long midfaces and not top tier undereye support (as the maxilla rotates CW the orbitals move down reducing undereye support.) It is due to their strenuous chewing which thereby rotates their maxilla clockwise

View attachment 304141

you can counter this by chewing a more frontal part of the palate, like the premolars which would redistribute the force to a more centralized position and cause just an upwards translation with no rotation
How to massetermaxx without becoming Angel di Maria?

Native American example is cherry picked because they are just one race out of many. Their long midface is genetic. Tribal primitive people of other races chew hard food and still have highly compact midfaces and strong infraorbitals
5BB9E801 AD64 43A4 9CD6 DB84BBCFA65E
F1DFB180 1E47 41B6 A814 A7C8EC70D86C

I think clenching is a more viable option, especially if you have proper occlusion. This way pressure is applied evenly. I have invisalign trays so my teeth are not constantly grinding on each other either, and they help so that when they are in my teeth fit together perfectly. I am noticing slight changes, but right now they are probably placebo,I have only been doing it for a month.

this is due to when chewing with the molars it applies an upwards force to the back of the maxilla

as the maxilla rotates CW the orbitals move down reducing undereye support
how does this make sense? wouldnt a cw rotation if anything improve undereye support since its pushing the back of the maxilla upwards?

View attachment 304138

View attachment 304141

Man this guy is such a great contribution to this forum and lookism in general. Great effort mate well done!

I figure most of higher IQ looksmaxxers kinda assumed something along those lines, but didnt actually make the effort to find examples and break down the mechanic of chewing etc. Which is what you did very well, much props fam!

Same can be seen with other indigenous ppl in central and south america, who eat hard foods like roots of some plants and what not. Like peruvians etc.

13507193-portrait-of-peruvian-man-playing-a-siku-panpipe-pisac-market.jpg

Very protruding but low set cheekbones, long midface...

• +1
Reactions: EckhartTollemaxx, Deleted member 5385 and retard
The Native American you showed is old
Midface and philtrum get longer as you age
The Native American you showed is old
Midface and philtrum get longer as you age
Nvm their long midfaces are just genetics

Last edited:
Username checks out

Just be malnourished to be gl and procreate.

The mecganics here sound logical but eating proper food making you ugly definitely doesn't.

You're basically saying humans are meant to eat mcdonalds and pudding instead of meat and vegetables.