Why do I always get different measurements for my height?

T

TeencelStockBroker

Can finally delete again, goodbye bhais
I measured at 5'10 at the doctor but then grew a little afterwards, I measured 5'8 on the stadiometer at my gym and I measured 5'9.5 on my door frame with a tape measure but it changes day to day for some reason.

Any reason why? and how can I get accurate measurements at home?

• JFL
Reactions: edgemaxx
All 3 measurements manlet ovur over

• So Sad
Reactions: TeencelStockBroker
Doctor measurements are consistently terrible for a variety of reasons. The stadiometer measurement is probably closest to the truth. I could be wrong, but I would guess that when you measured at home you put a pencil on top of your head (basically impossible to get a totally horizontal angle, will almost always over measure). To get the best at home measurement, stand against a wall with your heels on the floor and stare straight ahead; use a soup can or bottle of aerosol or any round object with a straight edge to take the measurement, and place flat on the wall so that it barely (but firmly) touches your scalp; mark the wall with a pencil, then measure from the ground with a measuring tape in a perfectly vertical line.

Obviously you'll get different measurements throughout the day

• +1
Reactions: TeencelStockBroker
Doctor measurements are consistently terrible for a variety of reasons.
his stadiometer was against the wall and the gym was just a standard one like this