Why do i look so different in motion in front of the mirror vs in a selfie/mirror selfie/video? (flipped the photos/videos)

D

Deleted member 29495

Gold
I look way better (in my subjective opinion) in motion in the mirror than if I (or someone) tried to take a selfie, mirror selfie or video of myself.

Don't even start about "muh camera flips so you look asymmetrical because you're used to the mirror" because I turned that shit off on my phone.

Does anyone experience the same thing and can they theorize why?

I look like a framelet, my undertone looks borderline sickly and my soft features look like shit in photos and videos vs in the mirror.

• +1
Reactions: subhuman incel
Yes because the lens fucks it up
Mirror is correct, lens is flawed

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: goatedjordan23, Deleted member 28414, Roamer and 3 others
my hair also looks way worse, the camera doesnt capture the texture or how the light bounces off it either

because you are get used to see your self in mirror because of this when you see your self without mirroring you perceive it as weird andeveryone knows this feeling but unfortunately your selfie camera or to be more accurate your back camera shows you how people perceives when they see you

• +1
Reactions: alriodai
it doesnt matter muh mirror
if u look shit in camera/pics/selfies ur ugly

its 2023 dude every girl (fuckable) wanna c ur pics and videos and social life

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 28414, malicieusss and subhuman incel
got the same issue

selfies are still pretty good but candids suck

• +1
Reactions: alriodai and subhuman incel
got the same issue

if you're a htn on a selfie cam you're a chad in real life.

• Woah
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: boss8055, Deleted member 28414, Roamer and 3 others
candids suck cause ur not subconsciously making facial expressions or angles that looks the best

candids suck cause ur not subconsciously making facial expressions or angles that looks the best
my father looks great on candids but horrible as soon as he knows there's a camera pointed at him.

photogenicity is a thing. some people look better in pictures than they do in motion and some people look better in motion than they do in pics. for instance, i think Ana de Armas is one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen in movies, but she doesn't look as good in pictures. jeremy meeks looks better in pictures than in motion, imo.

damn im a chad then, brb signing up at the modeling agency
you seen the candids of the highest paid male models? they are literally boneless normies.

Chad looks good in any reflection