Why do movies with happy endings make me cry, but movies with sad endings don’t?

Vermilioncore

Vermilioncore

ugly inside and out
Idk how to explain it but let’s say there’s a movie about a happy couple who love each other. One of them dies and the other one ends up killing himself too. The movie ends with some sad violin song. That wouldn’t be sad for some reason.

Now let’s say, for example, something like the ending of “San Junipero” from Black Mirror. It ends with the physical bodies of the lovers choosing to die and their consciousness lives forever in the virtual world where they ride off into the sunset happy to be together forever while the movie ends with some happy song. For some reason, that makes me wanna cry!

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Manletmachine, Danish_Retard and apocalypse
Maybe u are envious of them

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Manletmachine, Danish_Retard and Vermilioncore
Maybe u are envious of them
Maybe. But also it’s just sad. Maybe because I know life has no happiness and the end result is eternal darkness

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and darktvamp
  • JFL
Reactions: Vermilioncore
when the fent gets you pondering

• JFL
Reactions: Manletmachine
Idk how to explain it but let’s say there’s a movie about a happy couple who love each other. One of them dies and the other one ends up killing himself too. The movie ends with some sad violin song. That wouldn’t be sad for some reason.

Now let’s say, for example, something like the ending of “San Junipero” from Black Mirror. It ends with the physical bodies of the lovers choosing to die and their consciousness lives forever in the virtual world where they ride off into the sunset happy to be together forever while the movie ends with some happy song. For some reason, that makes me wanna cry!
It makes you reflect on your own unhappiness. A brutal contrast.

Maybe. But also it’s just sad. Maybe because I know life has no happiness and the end result is eternal darkness
life can be happy and the end result is not eternal darkness but either paradise or hell

Users who are viewing this thread

Back