Why do normies value college so much?

D

Deleted member 11126

Kraken
I've never understood this... Most normies with upper middle class background think college makes you smarter. This is the real black pill about why you should go to Uni. You could learn a skill at home but yuppies who are zoomers/millennials will assume your an idiot. Its such a stupid shit test I respect a plumber 10X more then a English major and they are probably more smart too but these dumb yuppies will always think less of the plumber even if he's making 6 figures.

And also the idea that every single person "should" go to university. Universities are filled with mediocre people who believe they are smart with made up titles these people are mediocre their parents were mediocre they will go on to work mediocre jobs that their parents did except it will be a fancier title same pay. I hate normies so much

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: SunniMogger, LooksOrDeath, autistic_tendencies and 15 others
Only respectable majors left are heavy math and STEM. I don't blame anyone getting a degree but just don't pretend its anything but a compliant test. College these days is no difference then a license for driving just a shit test that does not mean your a good driver.

Government in the USA actually makes laws and taxes based on hiring people of a certain college education. I remember my friend at Walmart worked as a manager he got some associates in computer science and Walmart increased his pay by 7 dollars giving him a promotion he did the same work as before.

It was because there was some law against promoting to specific roles to people without degrees. You can't avoid this shit since there are laws against hiring people without degrees.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
  • Woah
Reactions: SunniMogger, thecel, ChadFucksYourOneitis and 5 others
People don't value it that much. It's basically considered the norm/normal. If you don't do it, you are dumb. If you do it, congratulations you are an average human being.

Brutal life nowadays tbh.

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 14693, autistic_tendencies, Deleted member 15370 and 8 others
Agreed. School is for lame ass people

• +1
Reactions: ChadFucksYourOneitis and Deleted member 11126
People don't value it that much. It's basically considered the norm/normal. If you don't do it, you are dumb. If you do it, congratulations you are an average human being.

This is not true, no one cares where your money comes from.

distraction

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
Because you HAVE to conform chud...
You just DO! *Ugh*

• +1
This is not true, no one cares where your money comes from.
I never talked about money. It's a normal experience to do college/university after high school.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18840
I've never understood this... Most normies with upper middle class background think college makes you smarter. This is the real black pill about why you should go to Uni. You could learn a skill at home but yuppies who are zoomers/millennials will assume your an idiot. Its such a stupid shit test I respect a plumber 10X more then a English major and they are probably more smart too but these dumb yuppies will always think less of the plumber even if he's making 6 figures.

And also the idea that every single person "should" go to university. Universities are filled with mediocre people who believe they are smart with made up titles these people are mediocre their parents were mediocre they will go on to work mediocre jobs that their parents did except it will be a fancier title same pay. I hate normies so much
College is good if you want a chance to regularly fuck women that are in the higher caliber of attractiveness assuming you look good enough, but aside from that, school is really only good for the degree

• +1

People have this idea that if everyone was educated society would be Utopia the only thing that happens is degrees are diluted to HS diplomas and the quality of the University becomes mediocre.

40% of people tops belong in a formal University.

• +1
Reactions: Pharmaceutic, ChadFucksYourOneitis, Lmao and 4 others
People have this idea that if everyone was educated society would be Utopia the only thing that happens is degrees are diluted to HS diplomas and the quality of the University becomes mediocre.

40% of people tops belong in a formal University.
This is all true, but this also means that if you don't go to college/university you are now worth less than a HS diploma basically.

Society is retarded. Higher education should be completely defunded. The minors that have any real use, companies can pay for with scholarships. State should stay out of all of it.

• +1
Reactions: Untrinsic, Lmao and Deleted member 11126
Agreed. School is for lame ass people
Its not lame more so mediocre even at a good state school with decent SAT/GPA requirements you still just see absolute normies. There are maybe a few math based majors that genuinely are going to create students who are fundamentally smarter the rest is the same nonsense as HS/busy work or something you could learn outside of school

• +1
Reactions: GuyFromSingapore
This is all true, but this also means that if you don't go to college/university you are now worth less than a HS diploma basically.

Society is retarded. Higher education should be completely defunded. The minors that have any real use, companies can pay for with scholarships. State should stay out of all of it.
Yeah all that has happened is we have created a ponzi scheme between the banks and universities.

The banks get to put people who are just starting to enter the work force in debt that cannot be defaulted on (nearly all other debt you can go bankrupt and it disappears) and the universities get to pocket the money and can be payed to control politics/attitudes of the students. Its a good deal for universities politicians and bank/finance companies

• +1
Reactions: Lmao and Hero of the Imperium
Facts, and even with somewhat useful STEM degrees involving heavy maths and problem solviving…even then it’s just a piece of paper at the end of the day. When u go for a job interview they care more about work experience (even if straight out of uni:lul:) not that you aced laplace transform course, etc jfl…

Plus in the job market, nepotism is king. It’s rigged against the normies even with 1st class STEM degree

Networking is everything if you want to succeed in life. Know the right people at the right time

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer, Lmao, Deprived and 4 others
Facts, and even with somewhat useful STEM degrees involving heavy maths and problem solviving…even then it’s just a piece of paper at the end of the day. When u go for a job interview they care more about work experience (even if straight out of uni:lul:) not that you aced laplace transform course, etc jfl…

Plus in the job market, nepotism is king. It’s rigged against the normies even with 1st class STEM degree

Networking is everything if you want to succeed in life. Know the right people at the right time
Degrees are valuable for a stupid reason. Also there is a ton of regulation against giving people without degrees a role. There are all sorts of tax rules against giving people without a degree a role.

I gave an example of my friend who literally got a 7 an hour promotion for getting an associates despite doing the same job because of some bogus rule for management. Also normies by default think a person with a degree at all is smarter appearances really do matter unless its something in tech still matters but your right it is more about what you can do rather then getting a degree.

I know a good amount of people from both groups and I get both sides point. Sure college people are more often than not pseudo intellectuals but they do have a valid point when they say most tradesmen are simple. Plumbers make good money but they have pleb mentality

• +1
Reactions: Lmao and Deleted member 11126

this scale applies to most things

Attachments

• 4B2DF068-13A8-4A9A-B4B4-C42B4017E071.jpeg
    4B2DF068-13A8-4A9A-B4B4-C42B4017E071.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 0
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Lmao, Hero of the Imperium, Deleted member 11126 and 2 others
I know a good amount of people from both groups and I get both sides point. Sure college people are more often than not pseudo intellectuals but they do have a valid point when they say most tradesmen are simple. Plumbers make good money but they have pleb mentality
My point with trades job is that they are often more respectable then liberal arts majors. Plenty of decent roles and some of them do require problem solving skills. I don't mean to say people on average in college are stupid although there a lot of people who are just that most people in college are mediocrities with the exception of hard maths majors. Even in Ivy leagues you find people who are very arrogant they are not geniuses by any means but still act as if they are.

• +1
Reactions: GuyFromSingapore
True. It’s mainly for the social experiences though and a degree is kind of needed in todays world it is what it is. Just have to get yourself a bunch of internships mainly because work experience is key. Muh Oxford English grad how the fuck does that even apply to the real world

• +1
this scale applies to most things
Yeah this meme is my favorite.

Normies really are the worst of all groups at least most dumb people are humble.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium, Prettyboy and rimbaud
True. It’s mainly for the social experiences though and a degree is kind of needed in todays world it is what it is. Just have to get yourself a bunch of internships mainly because work experience is key. Muh Oxford English grad how the fuck does that even apply to the real world
Yeah I just hate compliance tests like this. Same thing with shit like Covid. Everyone knows that a piece of paper over their mouth won't stop projectiles from spreading but they did it because they were supposed to do it.

Most people don't even believe the BS they are empty so replacing one idea with another is easy because they never believed in anything in the first place

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Lmao, GetShrekt and House Lannister
Only respectable majors left are heavy math and STEM. I don't blame anyone getting a degree but just don't pretend its anything but a compliant test. College these days is no difference then a license for driving just a shit test that does not mean your a good driver.

Government in the USA actually makes laws and taxes based on hiring people of a certain college education. I remember my friend at Walmart worked as a manager he got some associates in computer science and Walmart increased his pay by 7 dollars giving him a promotion he did the same work as before.

It was because there was some law against promoting to specific roles to people without degrees. You can't avoid this shit since there are laws against hiring people without degrees.
What laws are you referring to? I'd like to read up on this further

• +1
What laws are you referring to? I'd like to read up on this further
I'm not sure of any specific for all I know it could be company policy. I think it has to do with tax law.

Hiring workers with certain credentials gives companies a tax write off.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: GuyFromSingapore and thereallegend
Yeah I just hate compliance tests like this. Same thing with shit like Covid. Everyone knows that a piece of paper over their mouth won't stop projectiles from spreading but they did it because they were supposed to do it.

Most people don't even believe the BS they are empty so replacing one idea with another is easy because they never believed in anything in the first place
College Is legit brainwashing 101 for this reason.

When U already know a thing is bullshit but do it anyways, it throws your moral precision out of wack and leave u to be more accepting and susceptible to other forms of bullshit. Its a primer/Stockholm ritual.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21620 and Deleted member 11126
College Is legit brainwashing 101 for this reason.

When U already know a thing is bullshit but do it anyways, it throws your moral precision out of wack and leave u to be more accepting and susceptible to other forms of bullshit. Its a primer/Stockholm ritual.
It certainly is demoralizing but not sure what I can do about it... I just need to try and not think about it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21620
It certainly is demoralizing but not sure what I can do about it... I just need to try and not think about it
Yea, like a good doggy. Just dont think about it mentality.

It is what it is, but to not think about it is the exact thing people do that i refer to.

college for the birds bruh

major cope

Uni is for fun (sex, drugs, parties, reckless endangerment, etc.) ; a degree is a pleasant side effect.

Most degrees are useless and take to long for what they are, some degrees like a bachelors in art history(McDonald's employee) shoudnt take 4 fuking years to finish, unless you are doing STEM go into a trade, is far more profitable, it is only 2 years and you pretty much have a guaranteed nice paying job when you finish it.

So they can delay adulthood and responsibility a few more years

Whoever thinks that every person should go to university for a degree clearly doesn't understand people. *cough* liberals *cough*

I was studying Laplace about a month ago. Heard that's it's really useful in Physics.

University is just an official place to learn a field/skill, in which then YOU, yes YOU will have to find ways to capitalize on it. The problem with uni is that people see it as a "safeguard" and a way to "get a good job" not a place to learn a field and then set up a business, freelance or help a businessman to fullfil the demand he has of qualified people.