Why do people love to work as a consultant?

Xangsane

Xangsane

jova
I would rather rope than work as a consultant, or being forced to be a consultant. It looks like employers want you to do consultancy work. NO THANK YOU. I prefer to stay behind-the-scenes.

A lot of young graduate types show off with muh consultancy jobs....

• +1
Reactions: thecel
@SecularIslamist

@SecularIslamist
I get to WFH that's why. This year has been stressful (probably coz I took on responsibility since getting promoted) . But last two years I was fucking chilling. Probably doing 2hrs of actually work and chilling the remaining 5.5 hrs.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 31944, Deleted member 23778, Xangsane and 1 other person
I get to WFH that's why. This year has been stressful (probably coz I took on responsibility since getting promoted) . But last two years I was fucking chilling. Probably doing 2hrs of actually work and chilling the remaining 5.5 hrs.
Fuck yes, I would go out and hit on girls all day

• Hmm...
Reactions: SecularIslamist
I'd rather do behind-the-scenes work and some research, than consultancy.

• +1
Also in consultancy they force you to make a LinkedIn, something which I will NEVER do.

• +1
Also in consultancy they force you to make a LinkedIn, something which I will NEVER do.
I know right. It's technically the ONLY social media I have jfl.

Anyway I don't work in big 4. It's more specialized.

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane
Because it's low effort, easy work with minimal risk and you get paid a lot to just give advice. Who wouldn't want that?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: autistic_tendencies, Xangsane and SecularIslamist
I'd rather do behind-the-scenes work and some research, than consultancy.
I failed to get these types and tbh they don't pay as much...

Because it's low effort, easy work with minimal risk and you get paid a lot to just give advice. Who wouldn't want that?
Ikr. I literally get paid to state the obvious using fancy language and visualisations.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: eduardkoopman and Deleted member 23778
I know right. It's technically the ONLY social media I have jfl.

Anyway I don't work in big 4. It's more specialized.
I don't like it because I don't want to be discovered and doxxed. I also don't want some company and my career that doesn't care about me defining me. Why do people care so much about muh career, muh big company?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20064 and SecularIslamist
I don't like it because I don't want to be discovered and doxxed. I also don't want some company and my career that doesn't care about me defining me. Why do people care so much about muh career, muh big company?
I don't care but looks good on CV jfl. Same with going to a top uni - even though I've met some Oxbridge grads who are dumb as shit as much as Leeds Beckett grads.

I hate being face to face with strange people
Autistic trait.
Those types of jobs make me feel much more at home and at ease
Agreed. I wish I had one but pay is a lot less tbh.

• +1
because after you consult for 2 yrs u can have any job you want

Consulting is basically applied business school

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23778 and Xangsane
I don't care but looks good on CV jfl. Same with going to a top uni - even though I've met some Oxbridge grads who are dumb as shit as much as Leeds Beckett grads.

Autistic trait.

Agreed. I wish I had one but pay is a lot less tbh.
Do my work preferences indicate my autism?

The ideal is to have a big workstation, working remotely, two jobs at once or even more, and just doing behind-the-scenes stuff. Being the average employee, not attending 95% shit events, etc.

because after you consult for 2 yrs u can have any job you want

Consulting is basically applied business school

The ideal is to have a big workstation, working remotely, two jobs at once or even more, and just doing behind-the-scenes stuff. Being the average employee, not attending 95% shit events, etc.

• +1
Another ton of questions again... :feelsohh::feelsohh::feelsohh:
The ideal is to have a big workstation, working remotely, two jobs at once or even more, and just doing behind-the-scenes stuff. Being the average employee, not attending shit events unless dragged, etc.
Agreed. I used to do two jobs but second job was covid-related and govt stopped funding it in April 2022. Had a good 1.5 years working this on the low.

• JFL
@PrinceLuenLeoncur

u just need to talk znd u get paid plus if u have lookz halo u get good leverages

u just need to talk znd u get paid plus if u have lookz halo u get good leverages

I hate talking in front of strange people who don't care about you

NEET mogs any career

I work in fast food like the little subhuman I am

Fuck yes, I would go out and hit on girls all day
Don't hmm react me, in big cities you get wifi in the parks. The parks where girls will be. Well, depends on what city ig 😎

Imagine strolling down the street working on a tablet with wifi or cellular data, taking a comfy seat at a park, moving your ass from time to time to a new spot, to a restaurant, use the bathroom, visit street fairs, all the while meeting girls along the way

My God, it's heavenly, it's perfect for me. Can actually be done in New York, assuming job compatible and you stay in the well policed or touristy areas

You're in med school right?

I would rather rope than work as a consultant, or being forced to be a consultant. It looks like employers want you to do consultancy work. NO THANK YOU. I prefer to stay behind-the-scenes.

A lot of young graduate types show off with muh consultancy jobs....
Its better the more competent you are and worse if you suck. You can pick your own hours you can get paid an insane amount if you are good at what you do etc.

Downsides are you got less stability and you only get paid for what you do that means if you are shit you will pretty soon get less and less gigs people only pay you for what you do. Meanwhile salary wagies especially in government gigs get a lot more wiggle room they get paid time off. A really good consultant in a field like lets say coding or a technician for some electronic could easily make 100 an hour if a company is desperate. But if you suck or don't work you make nothing. I think when you are starting out a 9-5 company is better and then do consultant or gig work on the side once you feel you can make more money then you should quit the 9-5.

Really niche old timers can get hundreds of hours if they are the only option. My grandfather was a very specific type of lawyer and he basically was retired but maybe a few times a year he would get calls for this very specific patent medical field and he got paid like 30K in a month working maybe 1-2 weeks. But thats because literally no one else could do it

Last edited:
  • +1
Ikr. I literally get paid to state the obvious using fancy language and visualisations.
lol.

next time, talk about the importancy of high PSL in the workplace. For sales, customer staticfaction, and employees satisfaction :ROFLMAO:

359673649 960716028469579 8856741479793722914 n