Why do we strengthen “shit” by putting “dog” before it?

thecel

thecel

narrow-orbits brachy-skull ogre
Describing something as “dogshit” makes it seem worse than if it were described as just “shit”. Why does putting “dog” before “shit” make it stronger? Isn’t human shit more disgusting than dogshit is?

Imagine walking past some dog shit on some grass at a park. No big deal, right? Imagine walking past human poop. That’s far more disgusting than dog poop.

Who thought it’s a good idea to make “dogshit” a stronger word than “shit” even though (1) human shit is grosser than dog shit and (2) human language defaults to humans for pretty much all words (“Foot” means “human foot” by default, so “shit” means “human shit”.)?

Even more mind-boggling is the fact that dogs and occasionally horses are the only animals used for the linguistic purpose of intensifying “shit”. When PSL users want to express an even stronger kind of shit, the just slap on the word “utter” right before “dogshit” rather than upgrading to a dirtier animal such as pig, cow, or hippo.

Last edited:
  • Love it
Reactions: sibience
I'd rather eat Barbara Palvin's shit than the best looking dog's shit tbh

• JFL
  • Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22126, Deleted member 15827 and thecel
bumo

• Love it
Reactions: sibience
Because shit is not forcful enough and the sound " dog" is intimidating especially when Said with British accent

• Woah
Reactions: thecel
its call dog water

• Woah
It has to do with the characteristics of the animal:
jk2m7325c5191.jpg

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 22126, Truecel14, BoneDensity and 3 others
It has to do with the characteristics of the animal:
jk2m7325c5191.jpg

Wow! Interesting.

What does a bull have to do with lies? Why isn’t that called foxshit, snakeshit, or ratshit?

Why’s dog shit mean poor quality if dogs are man’s best friend? Why ain’t it an animal no one care about such as flies? Flyshit.

Bats and illogicality? Dafaq? Aren’t girlshit, womanshit, and femaleshit better words for illogicalness? “Girlshit = illogical” is relatable to lots of people, but most people haven’t even seen a bat IRL.

Apeshit sort of makes sense, but still—lionshit, tigershit, bearshit, wolfshit, etc. ’d make more sense if apeshit means outdated, archaic, too old, etc. since humans evolved from apes a long-ass time ago.

What do horses have to do with unfairness? If I could redefine horsehit, I’d say it means a mess left behind by people of high status. High-status people historically rode horses, and of course they wouldn’t give a fuck about the manure they left behind—their servants always cleaned up after them.

Last edited:
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Gonthar
What does a bull have to do with lies?
"Bull" apparently came from the French word "bole" meaning fraud, decit...
Bats tend to fly erratically so they seem illogical.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: BoneDensity, Danish_Retard and thecel
When PSL users want to express an even stronger kind of shit, the just slap on the word “utter” right before “dogshit” rather than upgrading to a dirtier animal such as pig, cow, or hippo.

bimp

What do horses have to do with unfairness? If I could redefine horsehit, I’d say it means a mess left behind by people of high status. High-status people historically rode horses, and of course they wouldn’t give a fuck about the manure they left behind—their servants always cleaned up after them.

Chickenshit = Coward
Jackshit = worthless

• +1
good thread

• +1