Why do you guys put so much emphasis on implant material?

V

vindictive96

Iron
For example
Dr. Eppley states:

What creates an outer facial appearance is the shape of the implant that lies underneath. What composition facial implants are made of makes no difference at all. So that is a misconception.
Yet everyone here states PEEK/Titianium/Medpor is better than silicon or whatever.

Biocompatibility.

• +1
Reactions: BlackpillRemedy and Alt Number 3
why put thought in a material that will be on your face for mostlikely the rest of your life? i think im confused on what you mean

I think the main drawback of silicone is that it can't be secured in place with mini screws because it's too soft, or it can but it's not as effective and not in all circumstances. I had a silicone chin implant that wasn't secured for 22 years and didn't have any issues with it.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Neroem and Alt Number 3
Biocompatibility.
All of them are foreign materials to the body.
I think the main drawback of silicone is that it can't be secured in place with mini screws because it's too soft, or it can but it's not as effective and not in all circumstances. I had a silicone chin implant that wasn't secured for 22 years and didn't have any issues with it.
Silicon can be screwed securely, all depends on the surgeon of course.

All of them are foreign materials to the body.

Silicon can be screwed securely, all depends on the surgeon of course.
I'm pretty sure I remember RSM saying certain smaller implants like infras or supras couldn't be screwed in if they were silicone because there's not enough material and the screw could tear the implant if it's hit or something. He designs implants.

Bone resorption caused by its inherent instability

• +1
Reactions: Miant Gimplants and Neroem