why do you lose athleticism after LL?

L

lixx

Bronze
how come u lose athletic abilities after LL but when kids get growth spurts and grow several inches in a matter of months they are fine?

Because they literally break ur fucking legs, mirin the iq of this forum

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Dontknowan, AryanChadification, zubin and 12 others
brother lixx lets be honest you wont get LL

I got LL about 2 years ago. I'm getting the nails out this summer. I have full athleticism pretty much. I just can't bend my knees completely until I get the nails removed. Outside of that everything went well. I went to Paley though so it was well worth it.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: user123456, shalomnigga, UZB_Strebl and 1 other person
I got LL about 2 years ago. I'm getting the nails out this summer. I have full athleticism pretty much. I just can't bend my knees completely until I get the nails removed. Outside of that everything went well. I went to Paley though so it was well worth it.
mirin

oh wow. someone who actually got it done. I respect you a ton I hope you have a great life with your new height.

It's cool man, How tall are you now?
Did you Dating Life Changed after that?

How many inches and how much u pay

how come u lose athletic abilities after LL but when kids get growth spurts and grow several inches in a matter of months they are fine?
In medicine, not everything has a clear explanation. But LL research has being going strong since 1990s onwards. Scientist have done multiple experiments of limb lengthening in rabbits, trying to apply same principles in humans. Its clear that BOTH tendon and muscles do LENGTHEN when limb lengthening is done, which in simple terms the body is capable of "compensating" or "adapting" to the new height.

But at the same time muscle strength, which relies on a lot of factors, has been proven to REDUCE in patients AFTER the operation. So yeah, its clears there is a loss of strength. Its small, usually 3-6% of previous strength, but still notable.

The surgery as a whole is not that common, but long term research has also proven that after about 15-20years its possible to see arthritis in the patients using radiography. So yeah, its clear your athleticism and movements will suffer. The topic is very complex, but I will stop here so its easy to read.

• +1
Reactions: Dontknowan and aesthetic beauty
In medicine, not everything has a clear explanation. But LL research has being going strong since 1990s onwards. Scientist have done multiple experiments of limb lengthening in rabbits, trying to apply same principles in humans. Its clear that BOTH tendon and muscles do LENGTHEN when limb lengthening is done, which in simple terms the body is capable of "compensating" or "adapting" to the new height.

But at the same time muscle strength, which relies on a lot of factors, has been proven to REDUCE in patients AFTER the operation. So yeah, its clears there is a loss of strength. Its small, usually 3-6% of previous strength, but still notable.

The surgery as a whole is not that common, but long term research has also proven that after about 15-20years its possible to see arthritis in the patients using radiography. So yeah, its clear your athleticism and movements will suffer. The topic is very complex, but I will stop here so its easy to read.
if someone got LL and worked out really hard after couldnt they be stronger than pre-LL? Also for the arthritis i feel like many people get it due to years of heavy lifting, sports, etc. but yeah maybe LL increases risk

Last edited:
my question is if someone got LL and worked out really hard after couldnt they be stronger than pre-LL?
Any patient that is submitted to LL operation ALREADY hast to guarantee that he will have access to intense physical therapy after the surgery. This is not included on surgery price but its considered part of the agreement. At least among the top tier doctors, like Paley or Betz. So all patients evaluated in research already "worked really hard". You will spend MONTHS in daily intensive physical therapy. You are trying to find a "perfect scenario" where doing everything right will give you a harmless results. Medicine does not work like this. Still, like I said in previous comment, your loss of strength and athleticism is relatively low. And going to top tier doctors is a very safe alternative, albeit expensive one.

• +1
Reactions: Dontknowan
Any patient that is submitted to LL operation ALREADY hast to guarantee that he will have access to intense physical therapy after the surgery. This is not included on surgery price but its considered part of the agreement. At least among the top tier doctors, like Paley or Betz. So all patients evaluated in research already "worked really hard". You will spend MONTHS in daily intensive physical therapy. You are trying to find a "perfect scenario" where doing everything right will give you a harmless results. Medicine does not work like this. Still, like I said in previous comment, your loss of strength and athleticism is relatively low. And going to top tier doctors is a very safe alternative, albeit expensive one.
true true but tbh a 5-10% loss in athleticism isnt that big of a deal unless you are a pro athlete which is like 0.01% of the population. being 3 inches taller is gonna benefit a short guy more than the ability to squat 400 lbs or run a 5 minute mile. Most people I know probably use like 20% of their athletic capabilites after age 16 until they die.

I've always been high psl so not really. I am 6'2 started at 5'11.

3 inches or 8 CM, 120k after hotel stays etc.
How tf did u fund 120k

true true but tbh a 5-10% loss in athleticism isnt that big of a deal unless you are a pro athlete which is like 0.01% of the population. being 3 inches taller is gonna benefit a short guy more than the ability to squat 400 lbs or run a 5 minute mile. Most people I know probably use like 20% of their athletic capabilites after age 16 until they die.
U can’t run 5 miles anymore?

Also how much has 3 inches really changed ur life yk u don’t think surgeries for higher psl face would benefit u more ?

Why even do allat once u we’re already 5’11 mirin the grind tho

• +1
Reactions: UZB_Strebl
If you were high PSL why did you do LL?
Also do you think it worths doing LL at 6'1? JFL

How tf did u fund 120k
I'm very well off. I'm still debating getting a second round of LL but probably won't do it due to the experience being so fucking brutal.
Why even do allat once u we’re already 5’11 mirin the grind tho
I'm in the finance field and everyone around me is 6'1+. It's a huge strategy for networking just being taller. I never did it for any form of women attraction. Think about it as a networking boost just cause im 3 inches taller. That 120k was well worth what I have gotten from it.
If you were high PSL why did you do LL?
Also do you think it worths doing LL at 6'1? JFL
Look at above post. It's worth doing LL any where under 6'4 IMO. Could definitely still be beneficial. I'd consider it. But don't ever get LL outside of Paley.

• +1
Reactions: Snake.0359 and user123456
Also how much has 3 inches really changed ur life yk u don’t think surgeries for higher psl face would benefit u more ?
I have gotten a chin implant, and Jaw fillers. I have done all my face maxxing stuff long before I got LL. Like I said before I am topped out PSL wise. Anything else is just knit picking autism that amuses 15 yr old pslers.

• +1
  • Love it
  • Hmm...
Reactions: IMOGYOU, UZB_Strebl, user123456 and 1 other person
I'm very well off. I'm still debating getting a second round of LL but probably won't do it due to the experience being so fucking brutal.

I'm in the finance field and everyone around me is 6'1+. It's a huge strategy for networking just being taller. I never did it for any form of women attraction. Think about it as a networking boost just cause im 3 inches taller. That 120k was well worth what I have gotten from it.

Look at above post. It's worth doing LL any where under 6'4 IMO. Could definitely still be beneficial. I'd consider it. But don't ever get LL outside of Paley.
Do u wear lifts with ur current height u would be 6’4 no need for Another LL

Do u wear lifts with ur current height u would be 6’4 no need for Another LL
I wear elevator shoes that give about a 2.5 inch lift. Which is another reason why I don't want a second round of LL. I'm pretty content with the height. Hands down best decision I ever made

• +1
Reactions: urukhaiascension, shalomnigga and lixx
Big respect for taking action and not roting

I have gotten a chin implant, and Jaw fillers. I have done all my face maxxing stuff long before I got LL. Like I said before I am topped out PSL wise. Anything else is just knit picking autism that amuses 15 yr old pslers.
I thought u were high iq fillers?

I wear elevator shoes that give about a 2.5 inch lift. Which is another reason why I don't want a second round of LL. I'm pretty content with the height. Hands down best decision I ever made
Mirin I will get LL once I save up
Do you need to be in shape to get LL (will be anyway just curious)
Also, if you could go back would you have gotten LL first or fix face then LL
How did people you know react to new height I doubt you could say you got a growth spurt jfl

i want you to take a wild guess

Where do you live?